Finishing the shot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    as long you feel good/solid on every shot, your hitting where your aiming, and cueing straigh. then you'll just need to put in the work to find your timing, and play to the level you believe your capable of
    I really like this, for me a great bit of advice.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by birkirhlyns View Post
      Shorten the cue a bit. But the other one with the Bridge you mean I should adress the cueball with my bridge further away?
      Yes, two inches further, but still tip to the cue ball OK ?

Comment

When I watch Ronnie, is it me or does his head move as he feathers? anyone else notice this?

I find Ronnie a tough player to learn from as a. He sees shots so quickly, I can't keep up as b. There are things he does that nic and nearly every coach discourage, his feathers are not the length of shot and he often feathers a stun position then plays screw. I've noticed that he rarely feathers at the exact level he hits.

Somebody should tell him he's got it all wrong!

I find Hawkins action a nice one to watch, Murphy is the rolls Royce but I just can't play with a big rear pause. Selby (my favourite player as not the most gifted but he's a total don of the psychological game and has such good mentality) has a bit of a wooden action for my taste.

Of course, opus dei has a brilliant action.

Comment

I can cue straight up and down the spots. Straight blues give me a bit of a hard time. J6 u mentioned Shaun Murphy. Just a thought that my elbow is having a big effect on my cueing? , u can do the comparisson on this image. Shouldn't it be in a straight line or does this not matter?

http://i.imgur.com/SUhJnVP.png See my elbow pointing outwards

Comment

Originally Posted by birkirhlyns View Post
            I can cue straight up and down the spots. Straight blues give me a bit of a hard time. J6 u mentioned Shaun Murphy. Just a thought that my elbow is having a big effect on my cueing? , u can do the comparisson on this image. Shouldn't it be in a straight line or does this not matter?

http://i.imgur.com/SUhJnVP.png See my elbow pointing outwards
            In the comparison it looks like you bring the cue towards your chest and Shaun brings the chest to the cue. Sure I saw a video on YouTube for chest contact saying bring chest to cue, your arm might be more in line then.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
              In the comparison it looks like you bring the cue towards your chest and Shaun brings the chest to the cue. Sure I saw a video on YouTube for chest contact saying bring chest to cue, your arm might be more in line then.
              I couldn't help but look at the difference in grips, notice how loosely Shaun grips the cue.
              "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                I couldn't help but look at the difference in grips, notice how loosely Shaun grips the cue.
                Agree with loose grip, just looks Shaun more in line with everything because he seems flatter to the table, chest to cue so the back arm can stay straight naturally. I'm no expert though and have no idea what my arm looks like on shot, it works so I'm not gonna worry lol
                Last edited by markz; 25 January 2016, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                  Agree with loose grip, just looks Shaun more in line with everything because he seems flatter to the table, chest to cue so the back arm can move across naturally. I'm no expert though and have no idea what my arm looks like on shot, it works so I'm not gonna worry lol
                  If it aint broke don't fix it markz! Refreshing to see such an attitude. I've videoed myself playing now and again and my action looks ok, if I struggle I just make sure my arm is parallel and try again until I'm playing properly again!
                  "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                    If it aint broke don't fix it markz! Refreshing to see such an attitude. I've videoed myself playing now and again and my action looks ok, if I struggle I just make sure my arm is parallel and try again until I'm playing properly again!
                    My only aim is consistency Tom, perfection is impossible and over analysing everything can just cause even more problems. If I start taking photos and videoing myself I'd probably give myself nightmares lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X