getting through the ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
    Lol. Careful, my friend, the dark ages are alive and well in these parts...
    let me guess his "Ilk" same day same pub same stool same beer

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
      My point being was not being able to get through the ball if you decelerate to such an extent. My point wasn't about how far the cue follows through.!its more a point of the continuation of the shot.
      Indeed, which is why sound fundamentals (and a good follow through) are best practise, without being essential. The CB doesn't care.

Comment

Originally Posted by Philthepockets View Post
        Please clarify what is my "Ilk"
        repeaters of other people views

Comment

If two shots are played EXACTLY the same you will get the same reaction, that's just the way it is, there is no argument, otherwise how could you play position if you are playing the same shot twice in a row but you haven't got a clue what's going to happen? Play them EXACTLY the same but vary the pace or tip size or cue weight , tip condition( I think this will have some effect) differing reactions, I don't see how that's complicated to understand, that's all that is being said.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

and its real beer not LAGER

Comment

It doesn't matter, if you achieve the given speed at impact that is all that matters.
              Yes, but we're not machines, it sounds OK In theory, but it isn't so simple. How can you hit the shot the same force if you dont continue the shot.. Our bodies mechanics dont quite work like that.

I don't think you'll ever see my point though... Lol

Just play the bloody game, enjoy. Have fun...

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                These are not my "views" I accept the science and it helps me to understand why I am doing what I do and understanding why I do something helps me practice the right things and stops me from wasting my time on something that is irrelevant.

Comment

To be fair, this is really new to the snooker world. It took me a long, long time to get my head around what really happens when balls collide.

Who are you on 'the other place', then?

Comment

Yes, but we're not machines, it sounds OK In theory, but it isn't so simple. How can you hit the shot the same force if you dont continue the shot.. Our bodies mechanics dont quite work like that.

No worries , I get your point but your wording implies that what you do before or after affects the results.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      If two shots are played EXACTLY the same you will get the same reaction, that's just the way it is, there is no argument, otherwise how could you play position if you are playing the same shot twice in a row but you haven't got a clue what's going to happen? Play them EXACTLY the same but vary the pace or tip size or cue weight , tip condition( I think this will have some effect) differing reactions, I don't see how that's complicated to understand, that's all that is being said.
                      Exactly. The CB simply does not care - same hit, same outcome, every freaking time.

Comment

Correct views, you mean? Peer reviewed, scientifically proven views? Those sort of views?

How about that those that propagate myths and falsehoods, or quote fat dave down the dog n duck? Should he be repeating those views?

Comment

but they are not just saying that! they are saying that if you hit the ball at the same speed with any cue that are the same specs the results are identical!

Comment

By eck whos that Phil’t pockets think e is cumin on ere tell us ow it is, cawnt even play bluudy game them colonials lol

Comment

but they are not just saying that! they are saying that if you hit the ball at the same speed with any cue that are the same specs the results are identical!
                              Ah, OK..In that case, ignore me then.....

Getting to sky-un tific for me lol

Comment

Working...
                              X