No announcement yet.

sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't see anything but object ball on some, but there does look like some evidence for it on a couple or three shots there, thanks Cantpot. Is it enough to call him a consistent cue ball watcher? That's another argument for another day,
    Catch, Ramon, and Cantpot, thank you for your patience with me, appreciated
    Sorry this post is in reply to Cantpots post.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      I can't see anything but object ball on some, but there does look like some evidence for it on a couple or three shots there, thanks Cantpot. Is it enough to call him a consistent cue ball watcher? That's another argument for another day,
      Catch, Ramon, and Cantpot, thank you for your patience with me, appreciated
      Sorry this post is in reply to Cantpots post.
      I did notice with Ronnie and selby on some long pots only but both of them are almost always OB in short and mid shots . Trump is also OB always on short shots (did vid him on any long ones)
      But JH is pretty much alway CB

Just my opinion on the vids I took

Comment

• When I first watched Cantpots list of Ronnie shots I thought his eye movement was just him tracking the cue ball as it came into view, so he was kind of ob, then as the cue ball caught his eye he dropped his vision to track it down the table, but it's too hard to tell, and I think some of those shots are the clearest evidence I have seen, so I'm happy to accept it.

Comment

When I first watched Cantpots list of Ronnie shots I thought his eye movement was just him tracking the cue ball as it came into view, so he was kind of ob, then as the cue ball caught his eye he dropped his vision to track it down the table, but it's too hard to tell, and I think some of those shots are the clearest evidence I have seen, so I'm happy to accept it.
          Just have a good look the next time snooker is on the BBC, that'll be clear enough evidence for you. Their photography has come on in leaps and bounds over the last few years.
          I agree with Catch 22 that a still shot proves nothing either way.
          And I agree even more with Pottr when he says that you really shouldn't be thinking about where your eyes are when you take a shot.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
            I didn't realise so many forum members liked to watch snooker in slow motion lol
            good point. to be honest I bought this software bcuz of my disagreement with C Henry last yr on facebook about ROS and S Hendry .
            I said to him they re both OB players an only with safty shots they're looking at the CB . He sent me a message and said, how do u know this stuff bcuz they're
            CB players. So, I bought this software as sum kind of prove for myself. and I do not regret of buying it.
            Bcuz it's very interesting stuff Mark.
            your eyes are able to notice (see) a movement of just 1 seconds. lets say from 23e second to 24th second (when the camera is runing).
            but with slow motion you are able to see that movement 10 times slower.
            and you can use it also for other aspects of the game. for example, to see when a pro is closing its grip during his cue action or when the cue reaches his chest. or where exactly he hit the ball and what kind of movemnt the cue (the tip ) makes during a decent deep scrwback shot.
            even i've heard sum of the coaches ( likes Terry Griffiths ) using this to show the student what realy happens .
            does'nt matter to me . for me it's kind of fun an sumtimes i can also learn sumthing of it.

apologies guys ( off the topic post ).

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
              good point. to be honest I bought this software bcuz of my disagreement with C Henry last yr on facebook about ROS and S Hendry .
              I said to him they re both OB players an only with safty shots they're looking at the CB . He sent me a message and said, how do u know this stuff bcuz they're
              CB players. So, I bought this software as sum kind of prove for myself. and I do not regret of buying it.
              Bcuz it's very interesting stuff Mark.
              your eyes are able to notice (see) a movement of just 1 seconds. lets say from 23e second to 24th second (when the camera is runing).
              but with slow motion you are able to see that movement 10 times slower.
              and you can use it also for other aspects of the game. for example, to see when a pro is closing its grip during his cue action or when the cue reaches his chest. or where exactly he hit the ball and what kind of movemnt the cue (the tip ) makes during a decent deep scrwback shot.
              even i've heard sum of the coaches ( likes Terry Griffiths ) using this to show the student what realy happens .
              does'nt matter to me . for me it's kind of fun an sumtimes i can also learn sumthing of it.

apologies guys ( off the topic post ).
              I was interested in what you were trying to prove until you said that you didn't know if you were CB or OB yourself. Cheers for your reply.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
                I was interested in what you were trying to prove until you said that you didn't know if you were CB or OB yourself. Cheers for your reply.
                Did'nt try prove anything . just I gave answer to some of the Itsno 's questions .
                As i told him. the best way is to prove it to yourself.
                As for the game ( as i alredy mentioned ), the best way is not to think too much.

Comment

• Do you reckon they know they are shifting their eyes Ramon, is it a conscious decision to flick down to cue ball then back up( as you say it looks a split second most times) or Like Pottr and Cantpot and to be fair you say they just aren't thinking about it, so don't even notice it.

Comment

Do you reckon they know they are shifting their eyes Ramon, is it a conscious decision to flick down to cue ball then back up( as you say it looks a split second most times) or Like Pottr and Cantpot and to be fair you say they just aren't thinking about it, so don't even notice it.
                    IMO absolutely not.

and Yes , Pottr is right . the best way to play is not to thinking too much ( no more than necessary ).
                    in general speaking most of the players are trying to copy waht a pro does , rather than trust their own nature .
                    not saying coaching is bad or you can learn nothing . But imo your brain will decide for you what to do .
                    The les you doubt , the better you play.
                    that's why most of the best snooker players are fast players IMO.

Comment

• Yep, I think I agree with that, it's not a conscious decision and I definitely think too much lol and play better when I'm confident and just relax and play.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                        IMO absolutely not.
                        But imo your brain will decide for you what to do .
                        that's why most of the best snooker players are fast players IMO.
                        Your stamina concentration levels must be high to be there through out a match. Without concentration all the things you should be doing go out the window.

Also, there is a massive difference for us guys with our own tables. We can say just do this and do that, but we have the table time to do all this and whenever we like. When I just played once a week down the club I played frames against mates, I did no practice of different shots at all and no line ups, it was just 5 to 6 frames and home.

I can't stress enough that its a obvious fact that we can all talk what the correct methods are for a solid technique but you only drill everything in to yourself through hours and hours of practice. If your serious about reaching a good level you need to be practising around 3 hour a day at least, now thats hard to do when there is no table being very close to you.

All the best guys..
                        JP Majestic
                        3/4
                        57"
                        17oz
                        9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                          Your stamina concentration levels must be high to be there through out a match. Without concentration all the things you should be doing go out the window.

Also, there is a massive difference for us guys with our own tables. We can say just do this and do that, but we have the table time to do all this and whenever we like. When I just played once a week down the club I played frames against mates, I did no practice of different shots at all and no line ups, it was just 5 to 6 frames and home.

I can't stress enough that its a obvious fact that we can all talk what the correct methods are for a solid technique but you only drill everything in to yourself through hours and hours of practice. If your serious about reaching a good level you need to be practising around 3 hour a day at least, now thats hard to do when there is no table being very close to you.

All the best guys..
                          Depends on the person throtts, not everyone who practice 3hrs a day will reach a good level, same as not all footballers who go training 4 times a week will reach a good level, they may be alright but very few reach the level they want to achieve.
                          You see it all the while people turning up and setting up doing their line ups etc up yet when they play a proper game they stuggle to pot 3 consecutive balls.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                            Depends on the person throtts, not everyone who practice 3hrs a day will reach a good level, same as not all footballers who go training 4 times a week will reach a good level, they may be alright but very few reach the level they want to achieve.
                            You see it all the while people turning up and setting up doing their line ups etc up yet when they play a proper game they stuggle to pot 3 consecutive balls.
                            correct...Different people have different aptitudes for the game. I know someone who never really did more than a couple of hours, a couple of times a week. He's a regular century maker. In matches. I've had a knock with him, while we looked over a few cues.....while he was still recovering from a broken shoulder. So, not his cue, broken shoulder, hardly played for months. Potted everything. He may need practice to maximise his potential, but he doesn't need practice to be a very good player. Not everyone does.

Comment

• Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                              I look at the CB too!
                              A lot of really good hundred break players simply don't know, especially the ones who flick their focus to the object ball right on the delivery stroke. I coached a friend who believed he looked at the cue ball on the strike, he had the yips on screw shots when he was definitely looking at the cue ball, when playing run throughs he switched to the object ball on the delivery stroke and it was all fine, I told him this and he didn't believe me so I couldn't help him.

You alleged cue ball watchers need to prove it, otherwise you're leading people down the wrong path, the object ball is at the end of the line of aim, to put the cue on that line you need to find the contact point on the object ball, and for the cue to follow that line on the strike you need to be looking at the object ball, not the cue ball, otherwise the line of aim will end at the cue ball and then the butt of the cue can come off the line with the tip still on the line, that's exactly how it works, and that's why it's neccessary to look at the object ball.

If you're a good player then you are an object ball watcher, no need to change anything, if you're a poor player then maybe you aren't, and if so you need to change.

As for John Higgins, object ball watcher, no doubt in my mind about that, but it's right on the delivery stroke and hard to spot due to his very upright head position showing minimal eye movement. If you watch Ricky Walden who's head is tilted forward, the eye movement is easier to spot as he's almost looking through his eyebrows to sight the object ball, the taller you are the harder it is to get that head in an upright position.

Comment

• Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
                                I know someone who never really did more than a couple of hours, a couple of times a week. He's a regular century maker.
                                Wow, that is cracking form for so little play. Never met any player of that nature.
                                JP Majestic
                                3/4
                                57"
                                17oz
                                9.5mm Elk

Comment

Working...
                                X