sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
    Wow, that is cracking form for so little play. Never met any player of that nature.
    I remember going for a knock with my Dad, it was the beginning of September and he hadn't picked his cue up since April. First frame he had 70 odd. If you've got it you've got it.
    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
      I remember going for a knock with my Dad, it was the beginning of September and he hadn't picked his cue up since April. First frame he had 70 odd. If you've got it you've got it.
      Yep, I had a good 18 month away from my table and now I'm back up there and I just play around 90 mins a day, just to keep me form in . However, when I first got my Star I put in the hours to find that form and technique. When I was a 6 hour a month club player I was a normal breaker, nothing special.
      JP Majestic
      3/4
      57"
      17oz
      9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
        Your stamina concentration levels must be high to be there through out a match. Without concentration all the things you should be doing go out the window.

Also, there is a massive difference for us guys with our own tables. We can say just do this and do that, but we have the table time to do all this and whenever we like. When I just played once a week down the club I played frames against mates, I did no practice of different shots at all and no line ups, it was just 5 to 6 frames and home.

I can't stress enough that its a obvious fact that we can all talk what the correct methods are for a solid technique but you only drill everything in to yourself through hours and hours of practice. If your serious about reaching a good level you need to be practising around 3 hour a day at least, now thats hard to do when there is no table being very close to you.

All the best guys..
        That's why i said , do'nt think too much ( no more than necessary ). ( post nr 144)
        i did'nt say do'nt think at all.
        good post .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post

that's why most of the best snooker players are fast players IMO.
          Steve Davis, Ray Reardon and Stephen Hendry weren't fast players..

19 world titles between them makes them good players IMHO
          #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

• Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
            Steve Davis, Ray Reardon and Stephen Hendry weren't fast players..

19 world titles between them makes them good players IMHO
            It's true . That's Why I said most of them . Not all of them .
            Btw, S Hendry was'nt a fast player ??
            Last edited by Ramon; 8 February 2016, 04:34 AM.

Comment

that is correct, he wasn't.

Comment

It's true . That's Why I said most of them . Not all of them .
                Funny you ask that Ramon, in my mind and memory Hendry was quite a fast player but I watched some you tube videos of him recently and boy he's slow compared to the players of today.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

that is correct, he wasn't.
                  147 in just 9 min. not a fast player ?
                  then i'm sure u can do it much faster.
                  nice to have a good player on tsf .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orUgATF-FXk

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Funny you ask that Ramon, in my mind and memory Hendry was quite a fast player but I watched some you tube videos of him recently and boy he's slow compared to the players of today.
                    of course, he was. in his own time.
                    when u talk about the best snooker players ( top 32 of the world ) , most of them are fast players comperd to rest of the players in the world.

Comment

• Ah in his own time, yeh I wouldn't call him slow but then again he played with Thorburn, Griffiths and Ebdon!
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

147 in just 9 min. not a fast player ?
                        then i'm sure u can do it much faster.
                        nice to have a good player on tsf .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orUgATF-FXk
                        and Ronnie did one in 5:20. quite pedestrian in comparison.

and you're sure I can do a 147 faster than 9 mins? You're deluded then.

Thanks xx

Comment

and Ronnie did one in 5:20. quite pedestrian in comparison.

and you're sure I can do a 147 faster than 9 mins? You're deluded then.

Thanks xx
                          So ?????
                          just bcuz ROS did a max break in 5:20 , does'nt means the rest of the pros are all slow players.
                          Read post nr 159 please . you're missing the point here.

Comment

So ?????
                            just bcuz ROS did a max break in 5:20 , does'nt means the rest of the pros are all slow players.
                            Read post nr 159 please . you're missing the point here.
                            My dearest Ramona.... I never said that all other pros were slow. You clearly cant understand what I said.

You said most of the best players were the fastest or words to that effect. I stated that 3 of the greatest players of all time - ie the ones with most world championships - were never noted as fast players. You then said that Hendry did a 147 in 9 minuets. What that factoid was trying at allude to is still unknown.

Add to that John Higgins, Ebdon, Murphy, Dott, Selby.... all world champions, all players who are among the best players ever - none of those too would be deemed fast players. Kind of disproves your ill informed statement that most of the best players are fast.

May I also point out that Speedy Gonzales was a cartoon mouse. Not a snooker player.

You then stated that I'm a good player who could make a 147 quicker than 9 minutes. You need a sit down and a cup of tea as you're obviously confused.

Anyway, address any further concerns you have with my posts via PM and leave threads to the original topic please.

Thanks xx

Comment

My dearest Ramona.... I never said that all other pros were slow. You clearly cant understand what I said.

You said most of the best players were the fastest or words to that effect. I stated that 3 of the greatest players of all time - ie the ones with most world championships - were never noted as fast players. You then said that Hendry did a 147 in 9 minuets. What that factoid was trying at allude to is still unknown.

Add to that John Higgins, Ebdon, Murphy, Dott, Selby.... all world champions, all players who are among the best players ever - none of those too would be deemed fast players. Kind of disproves your ill informed statement that most of the best players are fast.

May I also point out that Speedy Gonzales was a cartoon mouse. Not a snooker player.

You then stated that I'm a good player who could make a 147 quicker than 9 minutes. You need a sit down and a cup of tea as you're obviously confused.

Anyway, address any further concerns you have with my posts via PM and leave threads to the original topic please.

Thanks xx
                              you're the one who started . ( do i miss something ? )
                              all those players u mentioned are fast players comperd to amateurs ( even top amateurs ).
                              You're talking about S Hendry , S Davis .
                              they are retired . they were both fast players in their own time.
                              S Davis ?? 58 yrs old ?? are u gonna comer him with a jong J Trump ?
                              Are u gonna comper the snooker in his time with the modern game in present time?
                              Are you okey ??

Comment

• How many bottles of wine you had tonight Ramon ??

Comment

Working...
                                X