Found something interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
    I'm sorry but snooker is finished in this country. Maybe it swam in its own stagnant pool a little too long, eh?
    "finished in this country" why do you say that?
    yes clubs are closing down all over but I will say that the clubs local to me that had US tables (which were hardly used or only as a novelty) are all closed down and gone, the snooker clubs near me that only have snooker tables are still doing fine. Thank you very much
    The numbers may be the lowest ever but I hope (yes I hope) this is the bottom of the trough; and I feel that the effects of the smoking-ban and the general not going out for a drink trend has now settled and the only way is UP
    It may be different round your way (not US) but I hope this indicates there is sport out there we love that is still being played and is surviving
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
      I imagine that someone might care about pool, in the pool forum. Personally I don't so I don't go there.

I do, however, strongly suspect that many people here understand every aspect of cue ball control to a very high standard. What they don't do is bang on about it to themselves when nobody else is interested.

What you have clearly not found is the search option. All the aspects of behaviour of the balls, that you are pounding to a pulp in this thread, have been discussed here more thoroughly and intelligently prior to your arrival.

Otherwise you just look like a troll. Again.
      not only here , also discussed by many great players likes S Davis . believe me they're alredy aware of it.
      and that was my point.

Comment

...I've lost track - it's impossible to educate everyone at once.
        Stop being a total a rse hole mate

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          You better explain it then as i saw no spin on the ob ????????????
          Still waiting !!

Comment

Stop being a total a rse hole mate
            Not sure he knows CB from OB from the video he posted.

Comment

Maybe having a nap free cloth helps transfer of side ?

Comment

You better explain it then as i saw no spin on the ob ????????????
                Then watch it more carefully. Incidentally, there is always spin on the OB.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                  Not sure he knows CB from OB from the video he posted.
                  Then watch it more carefully. Incidentally, there is always spin on the OB.
                  I asked you to explain it

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                    Maybe having a nap free cloth helps transfer of side ?

Indeed it does.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                      Lol. I wasn't referring to you - the Jesus Army leapt in when they started losing the argument, led by Hall Monitor Tricky.

You're going to have to remind me of your question, I've lost track - it's impossible to educate everyone at once.
                      no problem , i can see you are confused . which is not the first time btw .

your referred to players from Britain an then you start talking about ball deflection and that kind of stuff.
                      so, my question again ,
                      are you saying a snooker player likes S Davis or S Hendry , does'nt know what deflection is ??
                      as i mentioned in my prvs post, the best players in the history of cue sport came from UK.
                      I think you are biased with your judgment.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        I asked you to explain it
                        It's easy to see. Perhaps it's just because I'm more familiar with the measles ball?

But what point are you driving at? What advantage are you hoping to gain here? Someone mentioned 3 cushion, the video is an impressive spin shot, the reaction of the OB it's clear to see and, despite the snooker world's best efforts for the better part off a century, it's a proven fact spin on the CB transfers to the OB.

The pool world provided evidence for that, by the way. You're welcome.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          "finished in this country" why do you say that?
                          yes clubs are closing down all over but I will say that the clubs local to me that had US tables (which were hardly used or only as a novelty) are all closed down and gone, the snooker clubs near me that only have snooker tables are still doing fine. Thank you very much
                          The numbers may be the lowest ever but I hope (yes I hope) this is the bottom of the trough; and I feel that the effects of the smoking-ban and the general not going out for a drink trend has now settled and the only way is UP
                          It may be different round your way (not US) but I hope this indicates there is sport out there we love that is still being played and is surviving
                          Its interesting to note that it is those clubs that tried to diversify and pander to those seeking dumbed down versions of our beautiful game that have gone under!
                          No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                            as i mentioned in my prvs post, the best players in the history of cue sport came from UK. ....
                            I think Willie Mosconi, Walter Lindrum (if they weren't brown bread) and Efren Reyes etc would have something to say about that
                            #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                              It's easy to see. Perhaps it's just because I'm more familiar with the measles ball?

But what point are you driving at? What advantage are you hoping to gain here? Someone mentioned 3 cushion, the video is an impressive spin shot, the reaction of the OB it's clear to see and, despite the snooker world's best efforts for the better part off a century, it's a proven fact spin on the CB transfers to the OB.

The pool world provided evidence for that, by the way. You're welcome.
                              Why are you on a snooker forum when all your views are based on pool? Can't you go and start a few topics on the new forum that's been made for all the pool players out there.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                                I think Willie Mosconi, Walter Lindrum (if they weren't brown bread) and Efren Reyes etc would have something to say about that
                                well, the most of them. not all of them . but that was not my point.
                                good post.

Comment

Working...
                                X