Opening fingers on backswing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening fingers on backswing

All coaches say that you need to open your fingers on backswing. Do you deliberately open fingers or just let the fingers do as they please because even if you do not consciously open them , they will automatically open to some extent?Thanks.

unconscientiously (as much as possible ); I let the butt move them out the way to extent needed for the length of stroke for the shot, to keep the cue as level as possible.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Just keep the back 3 fingers relaxed and as DeanH says the butt of the cue will push them out of the way. There is no need to consciously open them and that's not so good as it will give you one more thing to think about, which no player needs.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        Just keep the back 3 fingers relaxed and as DeanH says the butt of the cue will push them out of the way. There is no need to consciously open them and that's not so good as it will give you one more thing to think about, which no player needs.
        Thanks Terry

Comment

Concentrate on keeping the contact points on the cue of the inside thumb and index finger in exactly the same place throughout taking the cue back and delivering it. Let the rear fingers open naturally while maintaining the position of the index finger and thumb in the ring grip throughout. If you achieve this you will not rotate the cue by deliberately opening the rear fingers in a set fashion and thus either pulling or pushing the shot. The rear fingers are for balance, the ring takes the shot.

Comment

As DeanH and Terry said, if you see cue action of pros, you will notice that they keep their butt hand as relaxed as possible keeping a firm grip at the same time..and in this position and fingers open automatically during the back swing.

Personally I like the stance and cue action of Ronnie, Ding and Murphy. All these players do as Terry and DeanH explained above.
            There are 2-3 videos on YouTube naming "My Perfect Player" in which pros explain which player they like the most for every game aspect like Cue Action, Break Building, Long Potting, Best Front Runner, Best Comeback Player and so on..In these videos you can see the cue action and grip of the pros closely

BTW..where are you from India. Navjot is definitely Punjabi name..any chance you are from Punjab/Chandigarh?
            Last edited by _Harry_Potter_; 27 May 2016, 10:09 AM.
            I Admire Ding, Adore Judd & Would do ANYTHING to play like Ronnie.

Comment

Working...
            X