replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    pardon ???
    deaf!!!

Leave a comment:

• Byrom
    replied
    Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    That is where you are wrong, if you ban the trouble makers from a club you end up with a busier club. most people are put off by stupid drivel.
    Ok well a few ways at looking at everything - that can be right too.

Anyway I stop my drivel now cos lads are here and I off out got drinks to drink and places to be - see ya

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
    He just banters them ..

I don't think I ever saw him be offensive or swear, just likes a wind up now and again and a bit of a laugh clearly - obsessed with different wood and cues and snooker but isn't everyone on here?

You worked on a door back in your youth... if you barred everyone in that club for a bit of banter a laugh and a wind up - yours would be a pretty empty club on a Saturday night.
    That is where you are wrong, if you ban the trouble makers from a club you end up with a busier club. most people are put off by stupid drivel.

Leave a comment:

• Byrom
    replied
    Because I get lots of complaints and he breaks the rules and upsets people.
    He just banters them ..

I don't think I ever saw him be offensive or swear, just likes a wind up now and again and a bit of a laugh clearly - obsessed with different wood and cues and snooker but isn't everyone on here?

You worked on a door back in your youth... if you barred everyone in that club for a bit of banter a laugh and a wind up - yours would be a pretty empty club on a Saturday night.

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    Why ban him he is a character? Mischievous - but funny - he livens up the place - takes conversations to different places, invokes new thinking, quite intelligent and articulate and he is seldom offensive if ever and lets face it its better than talking about new tips and same old stuff all the time.

If everyone in the world where the same it would be a dull place
    Because I get lots of complaints and he breaks the rules and upsets people.

Leave a comment:

• Byrom
    replied
    Only to have to ban him again.....
    Why ban him he is a character? Mischievous - but funny - he livens up the place - takes conversations to different places, invokes new thinking, quite intelligent and articulate and he is seldom offensive if ever and lets face it its better than talking about new tips and same old stuff all the time.

If everyone in the world where the same it would be a dull place and finally you right - he probably been banned a dozen times already - so just give up and let him on as master blaster or he will just come back anyway.... you never win with this one he too stubborn - clearly.
    Last edited by Byrom; 24 May 2016, 04:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    yeah - this guy here has a point - mock him at your peril ....can we agree to let him back on in his original name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wcB1mHMCzE
    Only to have to ban him again.....

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    I'll give you that Cannonball, it's fair to say you will hit the ball sweeter and time it better with a good grip and a cue on a level plane as you can cue right through the sweet spot , instead of hitting it but cueing down or up on it.

Leave a comment:

• Cannonball
    replied
    yeah - this guy here has a point - mock him at your peril ....can we agree to let him back on in his original name

Spot on. Thanks for posting that vid, it highlights exactly what is going wrong. We must deliver the cue straight, not just in the horizontal but also the vertical plane, down an imaginary X that connects the tip and ball. If we don't do this, we introduce the vibration you saw in your vid. Instead of striking the ball crisply and cleanly, a vibrating tip passes on destructive interference in to the ball, making it vibrate as well. This leads to bounces and kicks (kicks are caused by many other things as well). The ball will travel less, stun less and spin less as a result. A kick or bounce can ruin a break. So how do we cue to avoid this happening and cue at the speed of sound, a sweet sound? Itsnotsoeasy has hit the nail on the head. It's all about grip. If you grip the cue too hard (the pick it up and hit someone with it grip advocated by Davis in the 80s), you are in danger of doing two things; pulling/pushing the cue off the shot line and also dipping or rising the cue in the vertical plane. This leads to lots of ham fisted th-wacking of the ball. We often see wood pushers nail the bottom of the ball, yet be shocked they achieved no screw in the shot. This is usually down to stunning the bottom of the ball with an agricultural grip and having a swing at it. If you want to hit each shot crisply and sweetly and hear the lovely resultant sound, you need to perch that cue in the first crack of your wee finger or have it balance on the last digit of said finger. Ronnie has recently opened his grip and his long game accuracy has improved. In this regard, he has copied Trump and Robbo which shows just how much Ronnie is always looking for improvement. Good on him. Opening the grip also leads to a power increase, so there are three good reasons to do it, not forgetting that it's less tiring, stressful and feels nicer and more enjoyable. At first, players will feel less secure, they're used to gripping a cue tightly. It takes some getting used to and may take three months to accommodate into a game. But it's worth it.

Go down the club, have a look at the wood pushers, watch how they kick and jump the ball every shot.
    Last edited by Cannonball; 24 May 2016, 02:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vmax4steve
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    Ever noticed the Cue Ball jumping up or seen it kick, even at relatively low force? Listen.......................................you can hear it, the collision, yes, collision. It's not how hard or soft you hit it, it wasn't the choice of shot, it wasn't where you hit the CB, the clue is in the sound. The sound of your tip striking the CB. A dull sound, a kinda th-wack sound. Not crisp. This sound can happen at any force if you listen closely enough. That's the reason for the kick, or the lack of spin even when you know you struck the CB in the right place. That's what caused the collision. What could have caused this acoustic interference with the CB? There is an answer and there is a solution to both the sound and thus the kick.

Oh yes, yes there is.
    Acoustic interference my arse, the sound you hear is the sound of too much friction between the two balls on contact, not the sound of the tip striking the cue ball.

I recently bought an old set of super crystalate balls and the sound they make on contact with each other is a definite sharper click, compared to the softer click (or clunk) of the phenolic resin balls that are used today. They do not kick or induce bad contacts unless there is chalk or dirt on the exact contact point between the two balls.

Since the forced introduction of the phenolic resin balls World Snooker have tried all sorts of things to alleviate the problem to no avail, the only answer is to go back to super crystalate balls or find something new that's even better. Phenolic resin isn't fit for purpose.

Leave a comment:

• luke-h
    replied
    i always find if i play a shot parallel to the table i get more kicks that if im slightly higher at the back. coincidence?

Leave a comment:

• Byrom
    replied
    Ever noticed the Cue Ball jumping up or seen it kick, even at relatively low force? Listen.......................................you can hear it, the collision, yes, collision. It's not how hard or soft you hit it, it wasn't the choice of shot, it wasn't where you hit the CB, the clue is in the sound. The sound of your tip striking the CB. A dull sound, a kinda th-wack sound. Not crisp. This sound can happen at any force if you listen closely enough. That's the reason for the kick, or the lack of spin even when you know you struck the CB in the right place. That's what caused the collision. What could have caused this acoustic interference with the CB? There is an answer and there is a solution to both the sound and thus the kick.

Oh yes, yes there is.

Leave a comment:

• pgtips3103
    replied
    If a cue pots a ball in a forest and there's no one there does it make a sound

Leave a comment:

• Catch 22
    replied
    Il have a think about it while I'm eating my toast and marmite

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    Angels don't make cues, are you crazy? Well, there is this bloke called Parris, but I digress. No, not cue wood, though maple is a stiffer wood and does change acoustics, as does the type and width of the ferrule wall. Add in the tip to this as well, e.g. laminates generally hit the ball harder than single layers, thus changing the acoustics again. Reasons to avoid maple, stiff ash, laminates and thick walled ferrules. But no, the reason for 'bad' acoustics (for any given cue) is far more fundamental.
    This will be a short visit to the forum if you don't behave, I am not daft fella ok.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X