Cueing at the Speed of Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Can't go wrong at that price Mikey, if I don't like them I will pass them on to anyone who wants to try them for what it cost me.
    Very true, if you dont get on with them you might have an immediate buyer in vmax.

Comment

• Originally Posted by djax View Post
      I'm certainly hoping so "Easy" I don't have a tin roof, but I also don't have any Windows (who needs them for playing snooker?) Today though was very heavy going, even with ironing the table beforehand. Humidity in the house was 75% and 83% in the room. Using a maple cue, I'm constantly having to wash my hands to prevent the cue dragging on my bridge. God knows how they manage in countries like Thailand?
      Use a cue glove, I do, job done.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
        Use a cue glove, I do, job done.

It's obvious now you mention it. Sound advice, where do I send you the bill? Back on Fleebay then later.
        Highest break to date? 1

Comment

• Sorry Djax, I should have advised that as well. Selby has used one in far-east countries when it's hot and the 9-ball pool players use them all the time in some cases as cueing is smoother with a glove on by definition. I think there's still a stigma to wearing them on our shores but the cueing is great and no chalk all over your bridge hand to wash off. Actually, maybe Predator and other messy chalk could be sufferable with a glove on.

Comment

• I have seen one lad play with a glove on in our club, like CB says there does seem to be a stigma to them, it did look really strange, but I suppose if more wore them you would soon get used to the sight.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• T
              Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              I have seen one lad play with a glove on in our club, like CB says there does seem to be a stigma to them, it did look really strange, but I suppose if more wore them you would soon get used to the sight.

I'm wondering if it's the image of Dr Strangelove or Colonel Flick (Of the Gestapo) that has anything to do with it?
              Highest break to date? 1

Comment

T

I'm wondering if it's the image of Dr Strangelove or Colonel Flick (Of the Gestapo) that has anything to do with it?
                And Jacko. Brits don't like to look like they're trying too hard, or trying to hard to win. We hate looking desperate or competitive. :biggrin-new:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
                  And Jacko. Brits don't like to look like they're trying too hard, or trying to hard to win. We hate looking desperate or competitive. :biggrin-new:
                  Cannon, I usually carry the look of frustration (I know where I want the CB to end up, but why doesn't it?) Anyway another sound reason for using one in my case? I suffer from ezema, a long cueing session will see the skin around thumb area become inflamed. Which then leads to issues of weeping skin, that can take day's to clear. Usually put plasters on beforehand. Glove the way to go.
                  Highest break to date? 1

Comment

Cannon, I usually carry the look of frustration (I know where I want the CB to end up, but why doesn't it?) Anyway another sound reason for using one in my case? I suffer from ezema, a long cueing session will see the skin around thumb area become inflamed. Which then leads to issues of weeping skin, that can take day's to clear. Usually put plasters on beforehand. Glove the way to go.
                    Well, you can always call on medical issues if someone asks. I've got one in the draw. I may get it out now and try it again this summer; it is getting a bit sticky again. I'd definitely try one in Hull!

Comment

• Cannon, what exactly is getting sticky? "Get it out again" This needs explaining???????
                      Highest break to date? 1

Comment

Cannon, what exactly is getting sticky? "Get it out again" This needs explaining???????
                        Sorry mate. I meant that I'll have to get my glove out the draw it's been sitting in for a year or two and try it. It's getting sticky in my snooker room, hot and a bit humid and this makes the cue drag a bit in the bridge. Not anything like a really humid country. I bought the glove on ebay, didn't cost much and they're worth a try.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
                          Sorry mate. I meant that I'll have to get my glove out the draw it's been sitting in for a year or two and try it. It's getting sticky in my snooker room, hot and a bit humid and this makes the cue drag a bit in the bridge. Not anything like a really humid country. I bought the glove on ebay, didn't cost much and they're worth a try.

Phweew, Thought we may have had the moderator taking a keen interest in the direction of the thread then. However you have saved the day, Already got glove on order. Thanks to you Ebay has had good business from me this week, and yes this afternoon before the match, humidity was up to 90% in my room. The table was weeping.
                          Highest break to date? 1

Comment

Working...
                          X