Slow player problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    To be honest, speed of player tends not to bother me too much...

I get more annoyed when opponents play what I consider the wrong shots, or miss simple positional opportunities when they're in the balls...

A silly thing to get annoyed over but I'm a silly man.
    What about when there's an incredibly easy 24 points available, and the player slowly and methodically, and very purposefully takes the 6 balls...
    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Slow player problem

I'd never settle for the 24... usually miss on 9 trying for more

Comment

Myself, I only cringe when kamikaze player attacks. Crazy pot attempt No. 26, 4 major colours end up on the cushion.

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
          Myself, I only cringe when kamikaze player attacks. Crazy pot attempt No. 26, 4 major colours end up on the cushion.
          We call that League night,
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Same for me as well. I don't mind slow players too much. But it drives me nuts when I'm trying to develop the balls during a safety exchange, and my opponent keeps putting everything back on the cushion.

I remember one game in particular, the black was over the pocket and he kept herding reds over by it. I was trying to loosen them up a bit and set myself up for a chance later. But if he could see a red, it was going back over by the black.
            Last edited by Csmith; 16 August 2016, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Slow player problem

My favourite... Pot a red, tight on the top cushion...

obvious safety...

GUESS AGAIN... I'm going for the 12 foot blue to the corner and missing by a foot

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                My favourite... Pot a red, tight on the top cushion...

obvious safety...

GUESS AGAIN... I'm going for the 12 foot blue to the corner and missing by a foot
                Classic, removing 8 pts off the table with maybe a bonus 5pts at only 100/1

Comment

this is true, i get so annoyed. i play a mate once a week Thursday nights, every time he gets a long pot with black and pink not available he goes for... take a guess, yes the blue trying to pot it into the yellow or green pockets when he has zero chance of getting on a red. 9/10 he misses the blue and it ends up safe on the baulk cushion.

just trying to take 5 points rather than play safe of a baulk colour, then i have to break the pack open.

it drives me mad.

if it wasn't for the fact i get very little chance of playing a singles match and its a chance to have a proper game and a good night out, i wouldn't play him (average frame time 35 mins......)

Comment

It is amazing how many times those guys actually manage to pot this hopeless long blue from tight on black cushion. When they do get it I'm happy because at least they haven't messed up the blue colour.
                    After that shot, usually they are confronted with a very difficult safety. Now I think to myself...I'll get my chance, no way he can play that safety well, it's too difficult. But no, somehow the 20 breaker manages to fluke a perfect snooker as if Selby has played it.

Comment

It is amazing how many times those guys actually manage to pot this hopeless long blue from tight on black cushion. When they do get it I'm happy because at least they haven't messed up the blue colour.
                      After that shot,
                      i agree, however they miss more than they pot and ruin the frame.....

Comment

After that shot, usually they are confronted with a very difficult safety. Now I think to myself...I'll get my chance, no way he can play that safety well, it's too difficult. But no, somehow the 20 breaker manages to fluke a perfect snooker as if Selby has played it.
                        It's because they get to practice those two shots more than you who has better position....
                        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

As a 20 potter I have to agree they are the shots I play ha ha ha

I play my uncle who is also a 20 breaker and our frames last 25 mins on average.

Its nowhere near league quality either lol

I think we need some coaching ha ha

Comment

25 minutes a frame isn't too bad pal... Save money on the coaching, practice more.

Comment

I only play once a week for 3 hours.

Would love to play more but with work and everything else its almost impossible.

It wouldn't be worth my while to get coaching I already beat him week in week out ha ha

Comment

You play more than me

Comment

Working...
                                X