proper way of aiming when stand up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
    Same here. I'm in the singles merits 3rd round. My skillset held out quite well last match. Won 4-0 in 20 minutes. Had an 8ball too! Played in a match the other week too, and this guy missed and left me on the cushion for my last yellow at the other end of the table just under an inch off the cushion and about 10 inches from the corner bag. The black was a similar shot again the other end. I got the feeling they thought I would miss, I never felt that! Lol. Those are long pots! Apparently!
    lol you have the skills required then mate! I played on Thursday last week and have to say I enjoyed it, my mate who is solely a pool player said "I just didn't feel like you were ever going to miss when you got in".
    If you're anything like me you stay away from the tactical elements and just go for the clearance each time.
    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
      lol you have the skills required then mate! I played on Thursday last week and have to say I enjoyed it, my mate who is solely a pool player said "I just didn't feel like you were ever going to miss when you got in".
      If you're anything like me you stay away from the tactical elements and just go for the clearance each time.
      I have a love hate relationship with pool. I love the game, but hate the fact that it stole so many talented snooker players! I do love a good tactical game though now, as I'm sort of getting the hang of it. Really surprised myself not so long ago, as I was near on dead and buried but pulled out a shot that completely turned the frame around to my advantage and managed to clear my own ball from the covered black to win! Never had an inkling before that.
      Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
      https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

I have a love hate relationship with pool. I love the game, but hate the fact that it stole so many talented snooker players! I do love a good tactical game though now, as I'm sort of getting the hang of it. Really surprised myself not so long ago, as I was near on dead and buried but pulled out a shot that completely turned the frame around to my advantage and managed to clear my own ball from the covered black to win! Never had an inkling before that.
        which rules do you play mate? I've just about got my head around world rules. Agree with you that one shot can change a game in an instant, you play one great shot and you've won the game. It's not like snooker where you've usually still got a lot of work to do to win a frame.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
          For the pot to go more regular I find you need the table to be playing really quick. I've managed back to back pots on break a few times on different tables but like you say cue ball usually ends up safe. Splits the reds a bit better as well so ideal as break for practice.
          Must be why I was getting maybe 1/20 , can't be anything to do with poor technique, it has to be the table
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

which rules do you play mate? I've just about got my head around world rules. Agree with you that one shot can change a game in an instant, you play one great shot and you've won the game. It's not like snooker where you've usually still got a lot of work to do to win a frame.
            Its World rules. Not played Blackball rules yet. Might never do. I hate to admit that I find it fun to play. It's nowhere near as exciting as it was when I were a nipper though!
            I call it Kiddies Snooker!!! ��
            Last edited by inevermissblue; 22 August 2016, 02:34 PM.
            Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
            https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

I don't think you've actually left me a red on from the break yet breaking that way. I'm playing pool tonight, race to 21 against a pool player. Hoping my skillset holds up.
              Go easy on him Tom, maybe offer a few frames head start to balance the skill set lol

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                Go easy on him Tom, maybe offer a few frames head start to balance the skill set lol
                I predict 21-15 to yours truly. I'll let you know how I get on though. The lad i'm playing is a County pool player (doesn't mean a lot in my opinion).

Comment

I predict 21-15 to yours truly. I'll let you know how I get on though. The lad i'm playing is a County pool player (doesn't mean a lot in my opinion).
                  Throw in 9 frames of snooker as well for the big snooker v pool challenge lol

Comment

County snooker v. country pool at pool; let's rumble!

Comment

Its World rules. Not played Blackball rules yet. Might never do. I hate to admit that I find it fun to play. It's nowhere near as exciting as it was when I were a nipper though!
                      I call it Kiddies Snooker!!! ��
                      Black ball is a far better game imo, at least if you're aggressive.

Comment

I've done it 2/3 before now at Cueball in Derby on one of their match tables. Although the odds are more 1/5. No tilted rack, It from a legitimate setup. I've also done it from someone else's setup. Whichever side you break from its always running side, trying to load it with slightly more pace than a normal break. 2nd red down, narrowly missing the pink...and bingo! Hopefully. 95% the cueball goes safe, it sometimes even covers the red, should it not drop! It's the future...
                        Perfect it, and it certainly will be! Cool to see...

Comment

Originally Posted by swestlife View Post
                          i wanna ask the proper way to aim the shot while in a stand up..i usually line up the shot when my right eye and my right leg although my both eyes are open i more use the right eye to align the cue ball to the object problem when an hour or more i play i fell strain or pain in my right eye,,,i try terry and nics says in this furom that you have to align the shot like use your nose middle body and the line of aim runs between your right and left foot..any advice here please a true and right way to do the right thing to improve,the game that i love any suggestion is welcome and thank you some coaches here please help and others player who play a high LEVEL give me some idea
                          Is there a proper way of aiming while you're sitting down?

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                            Make sure it is pointing down into the bowl :biggrin:
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                              Pitched
                              Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              Make sure it is pointing down into the bowl :biggrin:
                              Boom! Out the park.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Cheers Jamesy! lol Love to Ella.

Comment

Working...
                                X