proper way of aiming when stand up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by markz View Post
    I managed a 30 break after potting a red like you do, think I put pressure on myself saying to my mate I'd clear. Yeah right lol.

Sounds like a great session of snooker, I've been tedisbill's fielder a few times now and it's great to watch!
    Five is my highest , red, brown in the middle, on nowt. It's a starting point though, onwards and upwards lol.
    I love watching or fielding for good players, every time Rob Sim comes through I will sit and watch him, he's about as good as it gets round here nowadays( think he's had five match 147 s) great fella as well.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      Five is my highest , red, brown in the middle, on nowt. It's a starting point though, onwards and upwards lol.
      I love watching or fielding for good players, every time Rob Sim comes through I will sit and watch him, he's about as good as it gets round here nowadays( think he's had five match 147 s) great fella as well.
      That's the usual start and just hope for a reasonable angle on brown to get on to any loose reds. I still play to learn and enjoy the game so I'll have a pop at most things lol.

Comment

The red went left corner, as I always break from close to the yellow. Then I played a near straight green into left middle! On a star table that's some going, especially when Cope's waiting to pounce!
        Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
        https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

I wonder if there was a way of virtually guaranteeing a red on the break whether players would break like that every time?

How do you do it, just smash them?

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
            I wonder if there was a way of virtually guaranteeing a red on the break whether players would break like that every time?

nah, it's called snooker. this is a skill break requiring side and throw correction.

Comment

Nope...like this!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BWuId72t4rQ

Jamie Copes table is behind this one. However, this table is by far the tightest in the room. The other 3 out of shot are also brutal. Having been refurbished and converted to steel block! They appear not to have been checked to template, so they are the tightest pockets I've ever seen. Great for purists'...a nightmare for moaners!!
              Last edited by inevermissblue; 22 August 2016, 07:27 AM.
              Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                Nope...like this!

Jamie Copes table is behind this one. However, this table is by far the tightest in the room. The other 3 out of shot are also brutal. Having been refurbished and converted to steel block! They appear not to have been checked to template, so they are the tightest pockets I've ever seen. Great for purists'...a nightmare for moaners!!
                Hey inevermissblue, I'm a big jamie cope fan, have you got any insight into why he seems to underperform in Tournament's?
                Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
                  Hey inevermissblue, I'm a big jamie cope fan, have you got any insight into why he seems to underperform in Tournament's?
                  I practise with him most Friday afternoons (well in a manner of speaking) lol. He's knocking in tons and frame winning visits the majority of the time! So no, I'm as in the dark about it as you. What I would say though, and this is only my opinion. Is that when he exploded onto the scene, he was beating most people, so was seen as a threat. Nowadays I suppose people see him as an easier draw. Which would give them more confidence than before, allowing them to perform better.
                  I still believe he has time to get back to where he should have been. He's far too good not to.
                  Last edited by inevermissblue; 22 August 2016, 09:07 AM.
                  Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

INMB you're one of the good guys, good player and straight talking. It'd be a shame if you left the forum.
                    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Nope...like this!

Cool. Which ball are you hitting and what gear do you put on the cue ball? What percentage of breaks like that make a ball? Or do you cheat and tilt the rack?

Comment

Cool. Which ball are you hitting and what gear do you put on the cue ball? What percentage of breaks like that make a ball? Or do you cheat and tilt the rack?
                        I've done it 2/3 before now at Cueball in Derby on one of their match tables. Although the odds are more 1/5. No tilted rack, It from a legitimate setup. I've also done it from someone else's setup. Whichever side you break from its always running side, trying to load it with slightly more pace than a normal break. 2nd red down, narrowly missing the pink...and bingo! Hopefully. 95% the cueball goes safe, it sometimes even covers the red, should it not drop! It's the future...
                        Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

I've done it 2/3 before now at Cueball in Derby on one of their match tables. Although the odds are more 1/5. No tilted rack, It from a legitimate setup. I've also done it from someone else's setup. Whichever side you break from its always running side, trying to load it with slightly more pace than a normal break. 2nd red down, narrowly missing the pink...and bingo! Hopefully. 95% the cueball goes safe, it sometimes even covers the red, should it not drop! It's the future...
                          Markz did it against me other week, he didn't manage to pot one but the position of the cue ball was ridiculously safe every time.

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                            Markz did it against me other week, he didn't manage to pot one but the position of the cue ball was ridiculously safe every time.
                            For the pot to go more regular I find you need the table to be playing really quick. I've managed back to back pots on break a few times on different tables but like you say cue ball usually ends up safe. Splits the reds a bit better as well so ideal as break for practice.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                              For the pot to go more regular I find you need the table to be playing really quick. I've managed back to back pots on break a few times on different tables but like you say cue ball usually ends up safe. Splits the reds a bit better as well so ideal as break for practice.
                              I don't think you've actually left me a red on from the break yet breaking that way. I'm playing pool tonight, race to 21 against a pool player. Hoping my skillset holds up.

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                                I don't think you've actually left me a red on from the break yet breaking that way. I'm playing pool tonight, race to 21 against a pool player. Hoping my skillset holds up.
                                Same here. I'm in the singles merits 3rd round. My skillset held out quite well last match. Won 4-0 in 20 minutes. Had an 8ball too! Played in a match the other week too, and this guy missed and left me on the cushion for my last yellow at the other end of the table just under an inch off the cushion and about 10 inches from the corner bag. The black was a similar shot again the other end. I got the feeling they thought I would miss, I never felt that! Lol. Those are long pots! Apparently!
                                Last edited by inevermissblue; 22 August 2016, 01:55 PM.
                                Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Working...
                                X