Judd Trump Set-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
    it seems like all threads these days just turn into a spat between 2 or 3 bloggers. wheres all the advice and proper questions and answers gone.

any way back to this thread and just a note.

1- if the shot in question is dead straight and you cue with top spin then the white will follow the OB into the pocket.
    2- if its just off straight the white again will follow the OB and hit close to the pocket which will then hit the side cushion on its way back down the table. (same as inevermissablue vid)

the only way it will take the path in the video is if it was a 3/4 ball or a very close to it.
    That isn't true. It's far from unusual to go in-off from a shot that isn't quite straight. It's that pesky throw effect again!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
      So here's the 9-ball topspin break shot applied to JT's exhibition shot, it's still the JT set-up but with head and body rise, all the things we're not supposed to do. As in the last shot, there is a lot of uniform acceleration and the cue goes through the ball, not intended but as a consequence of acceleration:

Got to say a big thankz to markz. Finally got some of my hand speed from youth back. Couldn't do it for a whole session though. The CB has yellow burn spots on it now. Aramith: you said they'd survive unmarked up to 230C. Did I hit 300C? LOL
      Boom, it's like watching a young Tom Cruise, on the snap Vincent lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
        That isn't true. It's far from unusual to go in-off from a shot that isn't quite straight. It's that pesky throw effect again!
        Well, in my last two videos, you can see the CB and Black are one-two degrees off straight, not the 3/4 ball Alabadi claims. The truth is that when you really load the ball with top spin, the CB stuns on contact, deflects, then spin forwards, and that's why the CB hits the top rail a foot away from the pocket in the last video. Others will say different but then again, that's a theory because they haven't played this shot before or can't. Deflection is magnified with increasing force. We both know this. You've seen it on a 9.
        Last edited by Big Splash!; 27 September 2016, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
          Four lengths of the table on a Star? Maybe but I'll get banned for trying it.

Comment

• That is a lot of travel , fair play, where did that cue ball land Splasher ,past the pink spot?
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              That is a lot of travel , fair play, where did that cue ball land Splasher ,past the pink spot?
              Bounced off the back wall INE lol

Comment

That is a lot of travel , fair play, where did that cue ball land Splasher ,past the pink spot?
                Possible 5ft in mate, closer to the blue spot. Looks even more bizarre at 1/4 speed, CB a foot off the deck.

Personally, I think the first shot with a proper snooker technique is superior. I'll let folk work out why.

Comment

Bounced off the back wall INE lol
                  Lol, I need slow motion, I miss these technical aspects of shots watching everything at full speed
                  Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                  Possible 5ft in mate, closer to the blue spot. Looks even more bizarre at 1/4 speed, CB a foot off the deck.

Personally, I think the first shot with a proper snooker technique is superior. I'll let folk work out why.
                  Totally agree, although I haven't got a clue what you did in any of them as I can't see but staying still and cueing through has to be more consistent.
                  I was going to ask if it was near the blue spot but I thought, nah it can't have bounced that far lol, are they steel block cushions? On our table I can just about manage four times up and down the spots never mind after hitting a ball lol.
                  Last edited by itsnoteasy; 27 September 2016, 09:10 PM.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

There's no need to ever mention tom cruise on here, even in a pool capacity. And your signature reminds me of that dreadful McCready woman...

Carry on.

Comment

Lol, I need slow motion, I miss these technical aspects of shots watching everything at full speed

Totally agree, although I haven't got a clue what you did in any of them as I can't see but staying still and cueing through has to be more consistent.
                      Yeah, I hit the first shot cleanly and had an idea what was going to happen after the pot. I hit the second one god knows, with a ton of Alex on it, like a deranged drunk. I had no clue what was going to happen or where the CB would land. This is why I advocate getting through the ball, not to get through the ball but getting through the ball as a result of uniform acceleration that just won't allow you to stop the cue, so it naturally goes through the ball. This gives more control. At the limit, we lose most control but maintaining just a bit can help position. One shot was a missile, the other an H-bomb. lol I like the missile best though the H-bomb is the most fun.

Anyway, I need to get on a Star and do a 48 footer. :biggrin-new:

Comment

Well, in my last two videos, you can see the CB and Black are one-two degrees off straight, not the 3/4 ball Alabadi claims. The truth is that when you really load the ball with top spin, the CB stuns on contact, deflects, then spin forwards, and that's why the CB hits the top rail a foot away from the pocket in the last video. Others will say different but then again, that's a theory because they haven't played this shot before or can't. Deflection is magnified with increasing force. We both know this. You've seen it on a 9.
                        What do you mean by 'deflection' here? Is this another case where standardised terminology would be of benefit?

Comment

What do you mean by 'deflection' here? Is this another case where standardised terminology would be of benefit?
                          Ok, you word it for me then, I don't mind. The CB jumps off line on contact more than it should have given the 1-2 degree angle it has on the OB. Then it continues on this new path, that is a consequence of the stop and stun on the OB being magnified, then the top-spin kicks in she goes forward. What do you call that? I guess we could simply call it the effect of the stun on contact. Not that we play a stun shot, just that the ball is so loaded with energy, the contact forces a stun.

So I guess it's top spin-stun-top spin? Whereas when we cue smoothly, we get less stun?
                          Last edited by Big Splash!; 27 September 2016, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Ok, you word it for me then, I don't mind. The CB jumps off line on contact more than it should have given the 1-2 degree angle it has on the OB. Then it continues on this new path, that is a consequence of the stop and stun on the OB being magnified, then the top-spin kicks in she goes forward. What do you call that?
                            I would just call it swerve. Can't see a huge difference between your shot and an ordinary swerve shot caused when you're striking down on a ball - effect is the same, just a different method of imparting spin on the ball.

As the good Dr says, i aim to squerve lol.

Comment

I would just call it swerve. Can't see a huge difference between your shot and an ordinary swerve shot caused when you're striking down on a ball - effect is the same, just a different method of imparting spin on the ball.

As the good Dr says, i aim to squerve lol.
                              We could call it throw for simplicity. Nah, it's not throw or deflection I guess. It seems to stun the side of the obtuse angle, then spin fwds. If you hit a CB really hard, I think some stun comes in to play because the CB is stuck on the OB and can't travel on it's natural reaction line. Maybe it's squirt?

Thanks to INMB for doing the pink to black big TS shot. Hopefully he'll do the JT exhibition shot as well. Hopefully, some other members will have a go as well. It would be fun.

Comment

We could call it throw for simplicity. Nah, it's not throw or deflection I guess. It seems to stun the side of the obtuse angle, then spin fwds. If you hit a CB really hard, I think some stun comes in to play because the CB is stuck on the OB and can't travel on it's natural reaction line. Maybe it's squirt?
                                Lol. Stop it, Blusts.

Each shot has three actions: deflection, swerve, throw. That should cover most of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X