No announcement yet.

Judd Trump Set-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you played a wee bit of billiards you would learn how top works and how the arc changes with pace , angle and height, it's quite a common shot.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

None of the above...

He's in the first vid playing the thumper...

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
        That was same shot as your 24ft screw shot Spasher lol
        There's something about 24ft and me. I'm gonna have to get to a Star with a proper camera some day. I need to be known as 30 splash down. :biggrin-new:

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          If you played a wee bit of billiards you would learn how top works and how the arc changes with pace , angle and height, it's quite a common shot.
          I played billiards once against a league player and hit a 100 before he did. He said I was quite natural at it but the billiards league is even more soporific than the snooker league and I get funny looks as it is when I tell folk me hobby is snooker. Imagine having to explain to people what billiards is. 'You get points for going deliberately in the pocket and there's only 3 balls?'. I can see their faces now.

Comment

Near straight shot to the black it's nowhere near straight. A near straight shot in snooker is mms there's easy a inch of angle on that red any decent player could easily play that shot.

Comment

Sorry it's not easy.. I got confused, it's Friday.. I though splasher said that..

Sorry bud.. lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                I played billiards once against a league player and hit a 100 before he did. He said I was quite natural at it but the billiards league is even more soporific than the snooker league and I get funny looks as it is when I tell folk me hobby is snooker. Imagine having to explain to people what billiards is. 'You get points for going deliberately in the pocket and there's only 3 balls?'. I can see their faces now.
                Aye it's better to play than to watch that's for sure, our leagues are dying up here even quicker than the snooker ones
                @ Cally, what are you on about, I wasn't talking to you or anyone in particular, just a coment that billiards can help you learn how the cue ball works.
                Lol no probs Cally, I thought it wasn't like you

Comment

Shot 2 guys.

Now if you could play with that much power, would stick or change?

Comment

But you can play with that power before the change, you told us you could..

You make yourself look like a silly billy, aye!

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                      Near straight shot to the black it's nowhere near straight. A near straight shot in snooker is mms there's easy a inch of angle on that red any decent player could easily play that shot.
                      Nope, virtually straight, it's just the cue power and banana reaction of extreme spin that few can play. Remember, this is a slow 6811T club cloth. I think 36ft is doable on a no. 10 and I think JT could do three lengths of the table.

@INE, not so many billiards teams and a lot of travel in my neck of the woods to play a league game as well. I do like billiards though, there's something very gentlemanly about it.

Back on topic, has anyone used the JT set-up. What are your experiences?
                      Last edited by Big Splash!; 23 September 2016, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Big splash serious question are you from Vanuatu are you living there now or are you in England just wondering why you would have to explain what billiards is to people.

Comment

Back to the banana shot..

It wasn't a banana shot fella, ask anyone. Put a poll up lol

You clearly don't know what you're talking about man!

Comment

Nope, virtually straight, it's just the cue power and banana reaction of extreme spin that few can play. Remember, this is a slow 6811T club cloth. I think 36ft is doable on a no. 10 and I think JT could do three lengths of the table.

@INE, not so many billiards teams and a lot of travel in my neck of the woods to play a league game as well. I do like billiards though, there's something very gentlemanly about it.

No it's not virtually straight it nowhere near.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                              No it's not virtually straight it nowhere near.
                              Really, I didn't notice you in the room. PMSL. Just be honest, you don't like me so you're here to WUM. Your point of view has no validity at all given your huge negative bias. If you could play you'd understand it like INE. Same as Cally. Another cockwomble with nothing constructive to say. Jog on boys, this thread don't need ya. I'm after opinions of those who've played like JT ta.

Oh, we look fwd to your videos of playing 24ft of top spin easy peasy. Yeah, show me those!

Crikey, it must be herring season, one bit of unintended bait and they're jumping in the boat. Obesessed by splash down they are.
                              Last edited by Big Splash!; 23 September 2016, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Nope, virtually straight, it's just the cue power and banana reaction of extreme spin that few can play. Remember, this is a slow 6811T club cloth. I think 36ft is doable and I think JT could do three lengths of the table.

We have 6811T on our match tables, never thought of it as slow, both Steve Davis and Judd Trump said it was as fast as the Tv tables, Infact for his first half a dozen shots Steve kept saying , oh that's fast, then, oh that's really fast lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X