Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
    the nap gets up on them and full of chalk too
    Is that what happens to them Slasher, how do you sort that, could a light hoovering help?
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
      the nap gets up on them and full of chalk too
      Yeah, to keep em good, I reckon they need ironing at least three times a week and if I don't iron that table, no-one does. They're good cloths and last longer than a Hainsworth Match but they need TLC to switch 'em on. Our fitter reckons that's down to the natural teasels Strachan use, compared to the metal ones that Hainsworth use to produce their nap.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
        I went for a really big one, and nearly took me tip off. Horrid sound and the lesson there is don't hit em hard, smooth and fast cueing is the way.
        The less I try the more top spin I get, if I hit it hard it kind of stuns and I don't get that acceleration of the cue ball after contact.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          The less I try the more top spin I get, if I hit it hard it kind of stuns and I don't get that acceleration of the cue ball after contact.
          To me, that's what's interesting about Judd, he doesn't hit em hard but he is low down and this comes from his stance and that's why I'm really interested in his set-up. Top spin is such useful too. You can be nearly straight on the black, go through it, come off three cushions and you're on a red near the blue. It wouldn't be possible to get on the ball any other way. It's ignored a lot in favour of stun/run through/screw as a weapon and I've been guilty of this in the past. Such a shame coaches won't come on anymore; their advice would be enlightening.
          Last edited by Big Splash!; 23 September 2016, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            Grip and arm tension reduces cue speed and will also cause the loss of accuracy on the CB, relaxed muscles generate more speed.

Comment

I could hoover mine cause the slate joints are done with auto body filler, no chance of sucking that out lol.

Comment

Force follow shots are a joy of American pool. The bigger ball makes top more important than bottom. Draw for show, follow for dough.

Here's strickland giving it some welly.

https://youtu.be/IUgn_z7i_6I

You don't actually go that high on the CB - maybe a smidge above centre. You kinda lift the CB with your timing.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                  Force follow shots are a joy of American pool. The bigger ball makes top more important than bottom. Draw for show, follow for dough.

You don't actually go that high on the CB - maybe a smidge above centre. You kinda lift the CB with your timing.
                  Touch of runnin side as well there. I really hit close to the point of mis-cue. With the low-down JT stance the table view is really different. The cue is very close to the table level. In the old days, players would play with a lot of running side top-spin as the cloths wouldn't allow the kind of screw and stun we see today; unless you had Jimmy's cue action.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                    Touch of runnin side as well there. I really hit close to the point of mis-cue. With the low-down JT stance the table view is really different. The cue is very close to the table level. In the old days, players would play with a lot of running side top-spin as the cloths wouldn't allow the kind of screw and stun we see today; unless you had Jimmy's cue action.
                    Yes, a ton of inside English as well.

Wasn't it one of T&M's threads where he thought he achieved the same distance of follow whether the shot was played with extreme top or just above centre ball? Can't remember exactly but sounds reasonable - proposition being, spin grabs initially but dies quickly.

Comment

Wasn't it one of T&M's threads where he thought he achieved the same distance of follow whether the shot was played with extreme top or just above centre ball? Can't remember exactly but sounds reasonable - proposition being, spin grabs initially but dies quickly.
                      If the CB leaves the bed of the table obviously it will travel further.

Comment

Been watching a lot of pool lately . Most recently the Jayson Shaw , Earl Strickland 2ball controversy lol

But those arm weights , and back weights ....multiple extensions on the cue etc , I just can't take seriously at all

Comment

Not sure with pool balls but wasn't there a paper about this, basically saying that as much force as possible near the top or bottom of the ball maximises spin. I will investigate your idea tomorrow. Uber excited with the game at the mo so going for another sesh tomorrow (3 days in a row!). Gonna get in trouble with the Mrs of course, so it's up early to do the car/lawn/DIY to minimise the grief.
                          Last edited by Big Splash!; 23 September 2016, 09:33 PM.

Comment

I haven't got a scooby what he said on that video, not one word.

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                              Been watching a lot of pool lately . Most recently the Jayson Shaw , Earl Strickland 2ball controversy lol

But those arm weights , and back weights ....multiple extensions on the cue etc , I just can't take seriously at all
                              You got a video of that of that beef?

@INE, I know mate, was he eating grits? Lol

Comment

Simple physics, more rotational torque is achieved the further you move from the axis.

Comment

Working...
                                X