Video/Kitchen Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
    Can I ask what the weight is as I'm currently making some snooker style 9 ball cues. The one I've nearly finished is 58 1/4 inches long, 12mm tip and weighs 19 oz's, one piece ash shaft btw.
    The others are one piece beech shafts, which is similar to maple but a tad stiffer.
    I like to experiment, get outside the mainstream and see how different things can turn out to be.
    My cue is 19 oz

Comment

Can I ask what the weight is as I'm currently making some snooker style 9 ball cues. The one I've nearly finished is 58 1/4 inches long, 12mm tip and weighs 19 oz's, one piece ash shaft btw.
      The others are one piece beech shafts, which is similar to maple but a tad stiffer.
      I like to experiment, get outside the mainstream and see how different things can turn out to be.
      Have you tried aluminium? Lol
      30 breakers with machines; not a Scooby doo!
      Avoid this junk. Cue Craft will be better at £50.
      Last edited by Big Splash!; 10 October 2016, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
        Give it a rest, Blusts.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
          Give it a rest, Blusts.
          True though, why should anyone buy a cue made up of left over pallets or bits of old furniture. He's a joker.

Great US pool cues from £65-429.

http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...6.html#SID=181

http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...pool-cues.html

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
            Melling is, what, about top 60 as a snooker player? Probably about the same as a pool player - funny how that works...

Pool rankings are more difficult than snooker as it's less structured and many players don't travel and some only gamble. Fargorate is a way of assessing rankings but am not sure of its accuracy.

Matchroom events have stupidly big pockets and the tv lights and new cloths make pocket weight shots fall with ease. There was an even worse one later on, a two ball, that simply shouldn't have gone on any table, anywhere. Those balls would not be pocketed on club tables. That said, i saw a few balls fall in last night's final that really shouldn't have gone so it can happen at snooker, too.
            I'm not sure of his ranking as a snooker player as he's not on the tour, so he must be outside the top 128 I'm guessing. I looked up his Q school record for this year and it was a first round loss in event one and last 64 in event two, I don't think it would be too harsh to say he's outside the top two hundred, but I stand to be corrected.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

True though, why should anyone buy a cue made up of left over pallets or bits of old furniture. He's a joker.

Great US pool cues from £65-429.

http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...6.html#SID=181

http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...pool-cues.html
              Great? Can't comment on the cheaper ones but the expensive cues are made in the Philippines, probably for about a tenner. Still, didn't do Reyes any harm, he won the lot with a ten quid cue. So, the greatest snooker player of all time played with a 50 quid cue and the greatest pool player of all time played with one that was a tenner - what does that tell you?

I don't like dissing people who try. I couldn't make a cue so anything vmax produces is better than anything i could. If he has no talent making cues, he may learn how to repair them in the process. Nothing is lost if you try and nothing is learned if you don't.

Comment

Just bought some reclaimed hardwood, reclaimed from under lake Bayano in Panama which was formed by a dam in 1976, so it's been underwater for forty years.

You got a hard on yet ?

Armago Armago it's called, like a light brown wenge, so good they say it twice.

The local people dive underwater for this timber, don't know if they're raising pallets made of this from a flooded factory or whether they're producing rare eco hardwoods from 350 square miles of pristine rainforest that was flooded when the dam was built that's no longer available anywhere else, go figure.

I said my cues will be different, and if a pallet becomes available made from a rare hardwood then I'll bloody well use it, after all, you only need four pieces of 2 x 1 X 18 inches for some splices for a cue. When I worked for a timber merchants we'd get timber deliveries and some packs would be stacked on hardwood bearers of all sorts of species and colours, wish to christ I was making cues then, all my wood would have been free.

I remember one hardwood bearer that was deep purple in colour and very dense, rescued it and gave it to my mate who was making a guitar and he used it for the neck, no need for a separate fingerboard, looked and played the bollocks.

When you can do better splasher then start slinging mud, until then keep pretending you're a snooker player by staying constantly logged on to this forum, I'm off into the workshop now for the rest of the day.

Comment

Vmax - any piccies of the timber? Sounds interesting
                  I believe wenge can be a pig to work with sometimes, lets hope this armago armago behaves itself
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Just bought some reclaimed hardwood, reclaimed from under lake Bayano in Panama which was formed by a dam in 1976, so it's been underwater for forty years.

You got a hard on yet ?

Armago Armago it's called, like a light brown wenge, so good they say it twice.

The local people dive underwater for this timber, don't know if they're raising pallets made of this from a flooded factory or whether they're producing rare eco hardwoods from 350 square miles of pristine rainforest that was flooded when the dam was built that's no longer available anywhere else, go figure.

I said my cues will be different, and if a pallet becomes available made from a rare hardwood then I'll bloody well use it, after all, you only need four pieces of 2 x 1 X 18 inches for some splices for a cue. When I worked for a timber merchants we'd get timber deliveries and some packs would be stacked on hardwood bearers of all sorts of species and colours, wish to christ I was making cues then, all my wood would have been free.

I remember one hardwood bearer that was deep purple in colour and very dense, rescued it and gave it to my mate who was making a guitar and he used it for the neck, no need for a separate fingerboard, looked and played the bollocks.

When you can do better splasher then start slinging mud, until then keep pretending you're a snooker player by staying constantly logged on to this forum, I'm off into the workshop now for the rest of the day.
                    I think you mean machine shop son, faker-maker.

@Deano, it's not hard to work with if you avoid using a plane mate. LOL

Comment

Video/Kitchen Table

only asking a question from something I had previously read

lol

Comment

I think you mean machine shop son, faker-maker.

@Deano, it's not hard to work with if you avoid using a plane mate. LOL
                        Just like John Parris, a bandsaw, a table top planer and a lathe for joints. Been hand planing all morning, with my no: 7 no: 4, what've you been doing apart from jumping on every thread on this forum.

Dean H

that's it's raw state, should look even better when planed and oiled, hmm! must get myself an oiling machine
                        Last edited by vmax4steve; 12 October 2016, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the photo, some areas look like they may be amazing when done; keep us in the loop as they go forward

Comment

Just like John Parris, a bandsaw, a table top planer and a lathe for joints. Been hand planing all morning, with my no: 7 no: 4, what've you been doing apart from jumping on every thread on this forum.

Dean H

[ATTACH]18507[/ATTACH]

that's it's raw state, should look even better when planed and oiled, hmm! must get myself an oiling machine
                            What's a table top planer Steve? Is that a an electric plane or a planer thicknesser; wasn't sure...
                            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                              What's a table top planer Steve? Is that a an electric plane or a planer thicknesser; wasn't sure...
                              The guy is a joke. Ask him about why/how he adds 3oz of weight to a great cue. I'll tell you how he does it, drill a 6'' hole in the cue butt and ram the weight in; cue balance ruined. We knows about his methods precious, he's ruined loads of cues.

Comment

The guy is a joke. Ask him about why/how he adds 3oz of weight to a great cue. I'll tell you how he does it, drill a 6'' hole in the cue butt and ram the weight in; cue balance ruined. We knows about his methods precious, he's ruined loads of cues.
                                Where's the evidence of this splasher ?

Comment

Working...
                                X