No announcement yet.

Which Pro is Most Textbook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you look back at Hendry before Terry Griffiths destroyed his cue action and fluidity. That was class. He was brisk and efficient around the table. His game was all out attack. His long potting was unreal and his cue action and general technique was a sight to behold.

Ronnie, Higgins, ,Murphy Carter, Davis, Lee, Ding & Robertson are worthy mentions also. It's what you like really. I personally think Murphy has the best of the players of today. I just love watching him when he's in full flow. It's just beautiful. It's all about opinions.

Comment

there's so many. but the things that separate them seems to be more about the effortless fluency, accuracy and poise in everything they do, as demonstrated in the first few shots in each of these vids

Comment

John Higgins drops the elbow on the backswing, Ronnie does his own thing, no two shots seem to be the same as he will drop the elbow on one then using the same power he won't on the next.

Text book technique would have to be Ding, boxer stance, cue, grip hand and elbow on the line of aim, the regulation short backswing for slow shots, long backswing for power, follows through dead straight, keeps very still on the stroke, eye on the object ball, can't see how he ever misses

Comment

If I could somehow choose, my future son would have: the stance and cueing of Ding, the cue action and cue power of Judd Trump, the break-building prowess of Ding, the killer instinct and competitive nature of Stephen Hendry, and the snooker brain of John Higgins. Lol.
          Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

The question is should we rip up the text book and start afresh? Should Ronnie or Selby or hendrys be the text book action?
            H.b.142

Comment

Selby is truly the same feathers and rhythm for all shots.

Plus, he is one of the strongest psychologically. His cue action does not break down, he's a machine. A boring machine, much like a cheaper VW. No flash design but never fails.

Comment

Steve Davis first Barry Hawkins Antony Hamilton Nigel bond Mike Dunn Ben wooleston that little Chinese fella who just lost to jimmy white infact quite a few of the Chinese

Of course it all depends what textbook you are referring to.

Comment

Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
                  If you look back at Hendry before Terry Griffiths destroyed his cue action and fluidity.
                  When was that?
                  http://snooker147blog.com

Comment

I think Beginners must follow Ronnie and Neil Robertson Simultaneously..Its like a Beautiful Contrast
                    and I know it's strange but I do like Zhao Xintong's technique to Follow as a beginner myself..

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                      Steve Davis first Barry Hawkins Antony Hamilton Nigel bond Mike Dunn Ben wooleston that little Chinese fella who just lost to jimmy white infact quite a few of the Chinese

Of course it all depends what textbook you are referring to.
                      Yeah, Davis invented boring, I mean textbook! His coach got him foot-in-line and the revolution started. Hendry copied it as well.

Comment

Originally Posted by Snookclops View Post
                        Selby is truly the same feathers and rhythm for all shots.

Plus, he is one of the strongest psychologically. His cue action does not break down, he's a machine. A boring machine, much like a cheaper VW. No flash design but never fails.
                        does not stay still sways - terrible example of textbook - stephen lee maybe.
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                          does not stay still sways - terrible example of textbook - stephen lee maybe.
                          Yeah Selby honestly gives me a headache watching him, that robotic cue action that has zero fluency and the fact he sways all over the place like you mentioned. No clue how he manages to pot anything moving around like he does.

Comment

Originally Posted by jdub View Post
                            If you were teaching an absolute beginner, and could only recommend one player for them to try and emulate. Who it would be and why?
                            My vote would be for John Higgins. Not only is he one of the greatest players ever, I actually think his fundamentals are some of the most consistent and reliable under pressure.
                            I do not think that sticking your tongue out is textbook at all, I sometimes wish he was a boxer and got caught with an uppercut to fix the problem. But he can play....
                            I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Muneebsarwar View Post
                              I think Beginners must follow Ronnie and Neil Robertson Simultaneously..Its like a Beautiful Contrast
                              and I know it's strange but I do like Zhao Xintong's technique to Follow as a beginner myself..
                              I think is technique is great but his genius is in his ability to be so confident, especially when faced off against Murphy who played well. He seemed to be in his basement playing his buddy that he always beats...
                              I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
                                I do not think that sticking your tongue out is textbook at all, I sometimes wish he was a boxer and got caught with an uppercut to fix the problem. But he can play....
                                his brain for the game is the best ever.
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X