No announcement yet.

Byroms favorite tips from coaches and players on web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright lads now here is Anastasia - the worlds best coach .... Not got a Scooby Doo what she is saying but who cares I have imagination

Comment

Opposite side of story....

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
      Hi

Why are pro players so good and we club players so bad if we have played the game for years?
      My answer would be because many of us just play the GAME for years unlike them who work on their technique for years in order to play the game.

So which coaches do I think offer good advice? Well a lot do the basics well and on this thread I think I would like to put my favourite video's or advice

I like this first one a lot - why - because I have seen a load of sighting threads on here but I think this coach nails it and explains it very clearly - I myself was inconsistent with this - I followed the pot a million balls and learn the angles thing but this means you learn to play snooker potting things in different ways and I kept changing sighting methods and trying different things out - then sometimes I thought of nothing and just clicked and knocked in a ton - what I was doing was just playing but I knew it was in when I got down why because I did not aim at the point on a ball I played the line - I was doing it without knowing what I was doing - this video made me aware of this and I think it is my favourite advice on visualisation/sighting on the web. If you can understand it properly.
      This advice - is very good indeed in my humble opinion.

I have to say, when Stark says it is completely ridiculous to imagine hitting a spot on a ball, I think he is going over the top a bit...

This guy Neil says completely the opposite to Stark ( in this vid anyhow). This is what is slightly frustrating with coaching, as there are different interpretations of how to play a shot. There is in my opinion no right or wrong way - it's what you feel comfortable with. For me, I see the line, but focus on a spot as well. My problem has always been keeping my eyes on both OB and CB!

I have to say this guy is quite good - tried some of his techniques and they do work. Stark is great though!

You are right though, the pros spend years honing technique...

https://youtu.be/KjCnZSVjBrw
      Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

I like that. Trust me, the very last thing snooker needs is aiming systems.

Comment

Working...
        X