No announcement yet.

whats wrong my draw/screw???help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another good drill I like doing at praccy is i put the white about 2 feet from the blue & at an offstraight angle & screw the white at different points below the middle of the white & i put a few reds 4 inches apart where i want the white to stop after potting the blue... it helps u get the feel of the table & control the white.

The reason i put the white offstraight is i wanna stay still, keep my head down & not jerk up as the white would be travelling backwards in case the pot is a dead straight shot. I would do this drill for about 30 minutes 4 times aweek.

I believe this should help u work on the cue action, a smooth delivery & decide on the amount of follow through u wanna have to screw the white back for various distances... Once u get the hang of it, u should be able to screw the white off one & even two cushions

Comment

great stuff

great posts everyone.

by the way. the cloth age/quality can make a diffrence on misscues ?

I just mounted the table few weeks ago. Im using an old 6811 cloth (upside down) so there is no nap on it like this.

I think I get more effect on the cueball that it shows on this cloth. I will soon see when i change the old cloth or when I get a chance play on another table not that many tables in my country tho

thanks,
      adrian

Comment

Originally Posted by Blondie
        Hey Sam,

.....thanks for sharing the vid, really great, , and see what you mean about the Ron v Joe one, amazing, and a great selection of shots after that too.

Lol.....xx

Hi Blondie

Checkout Ding's screwback shot @ 4:20 of this video : http://youtube.com/watch?v=9rbtlkpHw...elated&search=

lovely cue action & follow through

Comment

That's some screw back! I hate it how most of the decent vids are in a different language lol

Comment

lol Boxy, 4get about the language... mute it & enjoy the snooker

Comment

miss cue

All the previous threads are very good replies and as for technique i cannot add any more. I noticed in the question that you practise screw or draw shots regularly, this will put a bald spot on your tip giving you no friction between the tip and the cue ball and can cause miss cues even if you cue perfectly,to cure this use an abrasive to break the surface of the tip to release the trapped chalk and then rechalk the tip and try again.
              I hope this is as helpfull as the other threads

old man of snooker

Comment

may i know what is an abrasive?

Comment

An abrasive is something rough that u use to roughen the cue tip (tip file or sandpaper)... there is also a tip pick/tapper that u can use in order to break the surface a bit & release trapped chalk so the new chalk can adhere better

check cue tip accessories on any billiards website, there are plenty of options u may choose from...

hope this is helpful

Comment

just practice cuing as yur probly scooping the ball and or miscuing. to get yur screws rite u need good timing

Comment

Originally Posted by jimmymoller
                      just practice cuing as yur probly scooping the ball and or miscuing. to get yur screws rite u need good timing
                      yes...timing..thats what i am working on...

Comment

Make sure your cue is as parallel as possible with the bed of the table, and make sure before you push your cue through that you have chosen a spot on the white ball to hit. Keep your body still aswell - the only thing that should move is your cueing elbow. Also, having a pause in your cue action should help, as it lets you check if everything is as it should be, then you can push the cue through in a straight line, the cue ball should go backwards.

Remember, it's not all about power - accuracy should be paramount on these type of shots. When I played power screwbacks my coach told me my elbow twitched slightly right at the end of the shot, so make sure that your elbow is still - perhaps get a friend to stand behind you and to point out if your elbow does not move/does move.

Once you have the accuracy done then you can practice power shots.

But, key things:

-Choose a spot to cue at.
                        -Pause before you deliver the cue.
                        -Only cueing elbow moves.
                        -Accuracy is paramount.

Good luck.

Comment

thanks...good piece of advice there

Comment

Working...
                          X