Timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    Trump could do that to pretty much every snooker player in the world on his day.
    Very true, hes a special talent.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
      Trump could do that to pretty much every snooker player in the world on his day.

true. i remember a few seasons back fu beat higgins 5-0, and not only did john not win a frame he didnt pot a ball.

-
      Last edited by j6uk; 16 May 2017, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
        I agree that the follow through is not the real point, however it is needed as:

Not decelerating needs a follow through?

Accelerating or not decelerating depends on the action wanted from the cue ball?
        Follow through is a health warning for the stroke, but is not important per se.

Acceleration is a red herring - it is not decelerating that is important.

Comment

Originally Posted by bolty View Post
          I'm glad you watched and enjoyed it. I was hoping to waste some of your time like you constantly do to others.

I only waste the time of complete idiots mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
            What about the 9 ball pros you watch ? Do they not have long follow through ?

Without going on YouTube to check . I think from memory Shane , Earl , Shaw etc all have long follow through .

Must be a reason for them to use it too
            Lots of different techniques, just like snooker players. Bustamante for one has a very unusual technique but it all comes together when it really matters - when leather hits plastic. What he does before and after that one thousandth of a second isn't relevant - and he has the medals to prove it.

https://youtu.be/XoEFwSUkD18

Comment

Not a lot of follow through to the chest going on here

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                Not a lot of follow through to the chest going on here

It would be an interesting read if he had written a book on technique.
                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Although not in favour right now I think the most natural talent around is Stephen Lee. Check out his technique on youtube and see a natural stroke and technique with plenty of follow-through and lots of action on the cueball.
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

but if you want to make a tv 147 or even the fastest max, then try timing the white at the end of the stroke. after all it worked for these lads.
                    well worth a study

etc.
                    Last edited by j6uk; 17 May 2017, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                      but if you want to make a tv 147 or the even the fastest max, then try timing the white at the end of the stroke. after all it worked for these lads.
                      well worth a study

etc.

Not 100% sure if I'm understanding you right about Timing the white at the end of the stroke . However I've always played my hand into my chest . I've always cut across the ball and only ever hand short spells of correcting it before it crept in again .

My game has improved a lot recently and I find that I no longer play my hand to my chest as such but I find that my hand opens a lot more on back swing and my hand has closed at the same moment as I've struck the White . After that the hand just finished where it wants depending on the momentum of the cue due to power of shot .

Is this what you mean ?

Comment

I have no idea how Cliff timed it at all he cues so far away from the cue ball. Davis is pure class even now cues like a god, wish I had appreciated him more when he was at his best.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                          Not 100% sure if I'm understanding you right about Timing the white at the end of the stroke . However I've always played my hand into my chest . I've always cut across the ball and only ever hand short spells of correcting it before it crept in again .

My game has improved a lot recently and I find that I no longer play my hand to my chest as such but I find that my hand opens a lot more on back swing and my hand has closed at the same moment as I've struck the White . After that the hand just finished where it wants depending on the momentum of the cue due to power of shot .

Is this what you mean ?
                          i guess so, for me its building the pace and coming to a stop just after the cb has left the tip whilst keeping the cue level. well illustrated by the player in the max videos

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                          I have no idea how Cliff timed it at all he cues so far away from the cue ball. Davis is pure class even now cues like a god, wish I had appreciated him more when he was at his best.
                          yeah great to watch even now. you can see who ding studied.

Comment

Mark Selby is not my favourite player, but my word his timing is out of this world. He gets amazing cue ball action with very little speed/effort. Watching him play in person alongside other top professionals (Judd, Shaun and Robbo) in an exhibition, there is no doubt in my mind that his object ball enters the pocket a fraction slower than most if not all players. When he rattles the pocket, most of the time the ball still drops. I think him, Ronnie and Higgins are kings when it comes to unclean pots. They pot so many balls that looked to be staying out it is unreal. Luck? No. Smooth ball striking and proper pocket weight.

Comment

Watching a few videos on youtube and seeing how top players generate the spin needed and seeing a video of barry stark talking about physical timing and then seeing a video of Stephen Lee pro claiming that he squeezes as the cue goes through to generate the spin, I think Ronnie speaks of the same thing in his small coaching snippets of The Ronnie O'Sullivan show. Watching other professsionals in person and it appears that most of them "squeeze" to generate that spin and not allow the cue to go too far through. So I ask to question, how can you generate the spin without the squeeze or do you need to force your hand to close the grip hand as you've struck to cue ball (in essence "squeeze") ?

Comment

You will get more action on the cue ball if you hold on to the shot 😛

Comment

Working...
                                X