Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by sealer View Post
    Nope. You are wrong. There is no noticable throw caused by the side on the cueball. I think it is because the contact point is too small and there is not enough friction. You havent got a clue about snooker. You showed it by trying to analyse the Selby shot.
    I thought you said you were an expert!
    Just cause you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

Comment

• Originally Posted by englishboy1971 View Post
      I have to agree that a spinning cue ball will definitely throw the object ball . It's obvious on that Selby shot also the Barry Stark shot . Also for that matter Alabadi''s shot . Imho
      It's obvious to anyone who plays with side. What's annoying is those that claim it's some sort of theory, dreamed up by boffins. It isn't, it's as old as the hills.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
        It's obvious to anyone who plays with side. What's annoying is those that claim it's some sort of theory, dreamed up by boffins. It isn't, it's as old as the hills.
        Seems it's just popular to disagree with you. Don't want to upset the clique.

Comment

Lol. Colour me terrified, but I've done all the improving I'm going to do, thanks.

The way you mangle words, phrases, concepts and now - gloriously - acronyms, is a joy to behold, it really is.

When you've educated yourself - and mastered spin - we can talk as equals. Until then, you'll remain an ignorant buffoon.

Now, go practise that swerve shot you gave us all such a good laugh about that time. I'm sure you'll master it one day.
          Why don't you tell us if Selby can reverse that shot seeing as you've mastered spin and can no longer improve, better still play it yourself, film it and link to it so we can all see just how much of a master you really are with your pivot technique. Do this and I'll retract and pray at the alter of Dr. Dave along with you.

I guess I missed out BSE and BHS and SWEB and UNICEF and UTCAA sorry.

What swerve shot are you on about, I've told you before that there is no video of me playing a swerve shot posted on this forum, nor any on youtube that anyone can link to. Not only do you not read posts properly but you invent things that neither you or anyone else has seen.

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
            I thought you said you were an expert!
            Just cause you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there.
            So the spin on the cue ball throws the object ball onto a different path, either left or right.

Right spin throws it one way so left spin must throw it the other way.

Now if I play a shot with right hand side on the cue ball on what axis is the cue ball spinning and how does that throw the object ball either left or right ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
              So the spin on the cue ball throws the object ball onto a different path, either left or right.

Now if I play a shot with right hand side on the cue ball on what axis is the cue ball spinning and how does that throw the object ball either left or right ?
              I still say that in Snooker transferred spin is so minor it doesn't need to be considered, even on a thick cloth with dirty balls.

This is a discussion or argument about NOTHING!
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                I still say that in Snooker transferred spin is so minor it doesn't need to be considered, even on a thick cloth with dirty balls.

This is a discussion or argument about NOTHING!
                But it does happen.

Comment

• Originally Posted by englishboy1971 View Post
                  But it does happen.
                  Then I will reply with the obvious...'so fecking what?' It's so slight it doesn't need to be considered as I said. I have done a small demo for myself using a striped pool ball as an object ball and I did induce some spin on the object ball but I could not determine if it was transferred spin or a small gear effect. You cannot think about this and let it trouble your game. Ignore it.
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post

Haven't got a clue how it does it, but it does and it's nothing to do with the cue ball swerving onto the object ball.

Comment

• Best example of spin induced throw I've seen so far was a shot by kyren Wilson with the camera head on. Been trying for ages now to find it on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                        Then I will reply with the obvious...'so fecking what?' It's so slight it doesn't need to be considered as I said. I have done a small demo for myself using a striped pool ball as an object ball and I did induce some spin on the object ball but I could not determine if it was transferred spin or a small gear effect. You cannot think about this and let it trouble your game. Ignore it.

Lol. Anyone else notice how the argument has changed from 'it doesn't happen' to 'it doesn't happen very much'?

I have. Little bit pregnant, some people.

And last time i played snooker - a few weeks ago, as it happens - it threw a ton, old naked cloth and all.

Comment

Lol. Anyone else notice how the argument has changed from 'it doesn't happen' to 'it doesn't happen very much'?

I have. Little bit pregnant, some people.

And last time i played snooker - a few weeks ago, as it happens - it threw a ton, old naked cloth and all.
                          Spin induced throw is real and has nothing to do with swerve. The effect is quite profound. I'm with you on this one biggie

Comment

• Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
                            Best example of spin induced throw I've seen so far was a shot by kyren Wilson with the camera head on. Been trying for ages now to find it on YouTube.
                            That was the shot i mentioned a while back - weird coincidence. I couldn't find it either - i had in mind the score was either 9-7 or 7-5 but i can't remember who he was playing. Definitely this year's world champs. Hendry was again commentating and again said it was a swerve shot. Clearly he's from the vmax school of the partially sighted.

Iirc he was cueing from around the left hand blue pocket, and was trying to pot a red into the bottom right, but couldn't quite get past the pack of reds. The throw was clear as day, with the perfect camera angle.

Comment

That was the shot i mentioned a while back - weird coincidence. I couldn't find it either - i had in mind the score was either 9-7 or 7-5 but i can't remember who he was playing. Definitely this year's world champs. Hendry was again commentating and again said it was a swerve shot. Clearly he's from the vmax school of the partially sighted.

Iirc he was cueing from around the left hand blue pocket, and was trying to pot a red into the bottom right, but couldn't quite get past the pack of reds. The throw was clear as day, with the perfect camera angle.
                              That's the one mate. Can't remember who he played either. Remember he even got a little bit too much throw and nearly missed. Definitely no swerve involved.

Comment

• Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
                                Spin induced throw is real and has nothing to do with swerve. The effect is quite profound. I'm with you on this one biggie
                                Thanks mate. I'm amazed this is even a debate. Mind you, I've always thought vmax is a mere troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X