Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
    That's the one mate. Can't remember who he played either. Remember he even got a little bit too much throw and nearly missed. Definitely no swerve involved.

Yep. I'll have a look if i get some time. I thought selby's was clear enough, myself...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
      I've always thought vmax is a mere troll.
      Thats where you let yourself down, MBS. Absolute no need for the afters, buddy..
      JP Majestic
      3/4
      57"
      17oz
      9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
        Yep. I'll have a look if i get some time. I thought selby's was clear enough, myself...
        I'll make it my mission too. Selbys shot I clear as day but Wilson's one leaves no doubt because of the perfect camera angle

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
          So the spin on the cue ball throws the object ball onto a different path, either left or right.

Right spin throws it one way so left spin must throw it the other way.

Now if I play a shot with right hand side on the cue ball on what axis is the cue ball spinning and how does that throw the object ball either left or right ?

What are you on about? You're tying yourself in knots in a desperate attempt to prove yourself right.

There's no need to worry about axis. Left spin = right throw. Right spin = left throw. It's that simple - the inevitable conclusion to a spinning sphere connecting with a stationary sphere.

Comment

I'll make it my mission too. Selbys shot I clear as day but Wilson's one leaves no doubt because of the perfect camera angle
            Cool. It must be there somewhere.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
              Why don't you tell us if Selby can reverse that shot seeing as you've mastered spin and can no longer improve, better still play it yourself, film it and link to it so we can all see just how much of a master you really are with your pivot technique. Do this and I'll retract and pray at the alter of Dr. Dave along with you.

I guess I missed out BSE and BHS and SWEB and UNICEF and UTCAA sorry.

What swerve shot are you on about, I've told you before that there is no video of me playing a swerve shot posted on this forum, nor any on youtube that anyone can link to. Not only do you not read posts properly but you invent things that neither you or anyone else has seen.
              Ah, SWEB. My first job. Lasted a week lol.

You linked a swerve shot once. I think you were wittering on about nap then, anorl. It was laughable technique, so i presumed it was you.

Comment

• Guys ( members ) ,,, just wanted to add this . hope this helps clear the issue abit . :snooker:

Just in case anyone interested to find out .
                This is actually a test to prove whether the side has an effect on CB and can change his path to the pocket, or not.
                It's also an good test to show you the CB does'nt swerve in such a short distance . obviously , bcuz an little bit of CB swerve ( deflection ) , will cause movement in green ball . ( hence the green ball is placed there ) .

As you see in both pictures , potting blue is not possible ( doing center ball striking )
                Play the shot with abit of left hand running side . Cue stright en keep the cue level ( parallel to the table ) . DO not raise the button .
                If you can pott the blue this way and green does'nt move , than it's the side changing the CB path .

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                  Guys ( members ) ,,, just wanted to add this . hope this helps clear the issue abit . :snooker:

Just in case anyone interested to find out .
                  This is actually a test to prove whether the side has an effect on CB and can change his path to the pocket, or not.
                  It's also an good test to show you the CB does'nt swerve in such a short distance . obviously , bcuz an little bit of CB swerve ( deflection ) , will cause movement in green ball . ( hence the green ball is placed there ) .

As you see in both pictures , potting blue is not possible ( doing center ball striking )
                  Play the shot with abit of left hand running side . Cue stright en keep the cue level ( parallel to the table ) . DO not raise the button .
                  If you can pott the blue this way and green does'nt move , than it's the side changing the CB path .

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                  And this is what the commentators are describing when they say nonsense like "using side to turn the red over" or "using side to create the potting angle".

Comment

• Doesn't every player know that , Ramon?.
                    Cheers..
                    JP Majestic
                    3/4
                    57"
                    17oz
                    9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                      Doesn't every player know that , Ramon?.
                      Cheers..
                      Well, not you for one.

Comment

Doesn't every player know that , Ramon?.
                        Cheers..
                        oh well , i did'nt know that .
                        In that case i may be better just shut up and say no more , my friend .
                        My apologies !!

Comment

• No, not at all.
                          Its just I presume that the guys on here should know your example already. I was waiting for you to add something else to it.

I was not having a little mild pop at you, know way.

Sorry if it come across that way...
                          JP Majestic
                          3/4
                          57"
                          17oz
                          9.5mm Elk

Comment

No, not at all.
                            Its just I presume that the guys on here should know your example already. I was waiting for you to add something else to it.

I was not having a little mild pop at you, know way.

Sorry if it come across that way...
                            No worries. it's okey .

it's a forum , as far as I'm concernd, just abit of info as well as criticism are a part of it and welcome ..

Just out of curiosity , what was it you expected me to add ??

Comment

• Sometimes we need to remember that we all have something in common on here and that's a love for cue sports. It's a forum to share and dicuss and the more we disagree the more we should listen without making it personal. One love

Comment

Sometimes we need to remember that we all have something in common on here and that's a love for cue sports. It's a forum to share and dicuss and the more we disagree the more we should listen without making it personal. One love
                                lol, you should have a chat with me after drinking a bottle of Jack Daniels!!

Comment

Working...
                                X