Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    At least cockwomble had a mild charm, this guy is just being a dick for the sake of it.
    I'm with you jonny, links to a kick to prove his beliefs and then states that the greatest winner in snooker history who has made over 750 tournament tons, thousands of 50+'s and made this particular shot maybe hundreds of times doesn't know a kick when he sees and hears one and is clueless to how balls behave when using side.

I played this shot sunday afternoon, dead straight brown off its spot into the green pocket, cue ball two feet away, with both left and right hand side and never once did the brown throw on contact; only counted the ones that went dead centre into the pocket, so that ruled out CIT, made over twenty, and after contact the cue ball drifted towards the near jaw every time with both left and right hand side before stopping two feet beyond the brown spot.

BTW didn't pot a single one that contacted too thick or too thin so no throw going on, no kicks either but maybe I need to grow my hair

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
      I'm with you jonny, links to a kick to prove his beliefs and then states that the greatest winner in snooker history who has made over 750 tournament tons, thousands of 50+'s and made this particular shot maybe hundreds of times doesn't know a kick when he sees and hears one and is clueless to how balls behave when using side.

I played this shot sunday afternoon, dead straight brown off its spot into the green pocket, cue ball two feet away, with both left and right hand side and never once did the brown throw on contact; only counted the ones that went dead centre into the pocket, so that ruled out CIT, made over twenty, and after contact the cue ball drifted towards the near jaw every time with both left and right hand side before stopping two feet beyond the brown spot.

BTW didn't pot a single one that contacted too thick or too thin so no throw going on, no kicks either but maybe I need to grow my hair

So that leaves the question, why did Wilson play that shot the way he did in the first place then? Kick or no kick.
      Last edited by rimmer10; 10 August 2017, 04:57 AM.

Comment

I agree with you about Hendry.
        But you are so wrong about the shot.
        Left hand side with drag the brown will go right every single time and vice versa.

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
          I agree with you about Hendry.
          But you are so wrong about the shot.
          Left hand side with drag the brown will go right every single time and vice versa.
          Really ?!! do you think I'm deliberately lying when I said that I didn't pot any balls that contacted too thick or too thin ?

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
          So that leaves the question, why did Wilson play that shot the way he did in the first place then? Kick or no kick.
          He simply played it too slowly, the cue ball gripped the cloth too soon, the side wore off and it didn't swerve enough, Dennis Taylor starts going "Ohh" as he think he's missed it and is mystified to see it go in and ends up with "What a shot that is" only to be put right by Hendry who knew exactly what happened.
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Really ?!! do you think I'm deliberately lying when I said that I didn't pot any balls that contacted too thick or too thin ?
            Didn't say you were lying, I'm saying you are wrong

He simply played it too slowly, the cue ball gripped the cloth too soon, the side wore off and it didn't swerve enough, Dennis Taylor starts going "Ohh" as he think he's missed it and is mystified to see it go in and ends up with "What a shot that is" only to be put right by Hendry who knew exactly what happened.
            Wilson played the shot exactly how he wanted it played in his mind. 100% no kick.

Comment

Wilson played the shot exactly how he wanted it played in his mind. 100% no kick.
              So he had the cue ball cleaned just for a laugh then. I guess we'll have to wait until the next BBC snooker and email for Hendry to have a little chat with Wilson, or you could film yourself playing the same shot and see if it can be replicated.

Comment

So he had the cue ball cleaned just for a laugh then. I guess we'll have to wait until the next BBC snooker and email for Hendry to have a little chat with Wilson, or you could film yourself playing the same shot and see if it can be replicated.
                I've just watched the BBC commentary which I haven't seen before, and as great a player as Hendry was he has got it wrong here. I wouldn't know where to even begin to post a video or here. Like you said maybe someone on here who knows Wilson could ask him.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/AHM01HjfLzk
                  The last part of the vid

Comment

https://youtu.be/AHM01HjfLzk
                    The last part of the vid
                    The last part of the vid shows what happens when you don't allow for the initial deflection and swerve of the cue ball. It doesn't contact the red at a perfect full ball contact and throw it to the right, it contacts at the point to make it miss to the right. Despite what Barry Stark says about side throwing the object ball he is wrong and he didn't teach Wilson this shot even though he's his coach, Wilson got a kick, Hendry called it correctly.

It seems it's going to be down to me to borrow a smartphone or video camera and put this to bed once and for all, but I feel that even if I did you'd all cry 'throw' and see things that aren't happening.

Comment

It seems it's going to be down to me to borrow a smartphone or video camera and put this to bed once and for all, but I feel that even if I did you'd all cry 'throw' and see things that aren't happening.
                      No mate if you're right and you can show us you're right. That's it. One last question though mate, what about helping side? Unless you covered that already somewhere else then just refer me to a previous post. Genuinely interested mate, not arguing for the sake of it

Comment

• Try playing cut shots Vmax ,see if you get different results, I don't know if you will, I just don't think you would ever play the shot we are on about on a dead straight shot like you set up.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

The last part of the vid shows what happens when you don't allow for the initial deflection and swerve of the cue ball. It doesn't contact the red at a perfect full ball contact and throw it to the right, it contacts at the point to make it miss to the right. Despite what Barry Stark says about side throwing the object ball he is wrong and he didn't teach Wilson this shot even though he's his coach, Wilson got a kick, Hendry called it correctly.

Oh dear. There is no helping some!

Comment

See if it can be replicated? Lol. I play that shot one hundred times a session.

Seriously, WTF is wrong with you? You're either blind, stupid, a troll or flat out cannot play.

Comment

Wow, the denial is strong in this one, it's wonderful to see, it really is.

All those millions of players, seeing things that aren't really happening. Unbelievable. Still, there's none so blind as those that won't see, as they say.

You go on believing the earth is flat - you're providing great entertainment

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                                Wow, the denial is strong in this one, it's wonderful to see, it really is.

All those millions of players, seeing things that aren't really happening. Unbelievable. Still, there's none so blind as those that won't see, as they say.

You go on believing the earth is flat - you're providing great entertainment
                                "To those who believe no proof is necessary, to those who don't believe no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

Comment

Working...
                                X