Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
    Oh dear. There is no helping some!
    I'm sure he's furiously polishing his balls as we speak. Even the biggest cave dweller knows highly polished balls create the least amount of throw, although i suspect they think it's magic, and not plain old friction.

Still, i for one can't wait to see his videos. This could rock the cue sport world for decades to come, and change the laws of physics forever. Stephen hawking is bricking it, apparently.

Comment

• Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
      "To those who believe no proof is necessary, to those who don't believe no proof is possible." Stuart Chase
      Very apt.

I feel my IQ draining away even having this discussion. That somebody can't bring themselves to accept something so obviously true is scary.

Up next: vmax claims screw back is voodoo. All evidence, doctored. Sense and reason suspended, pending investigation.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
        See if it can be replicated? Lol. I play that shot one hundred times a session.
        then get your smartphone out and show it to us rather than just rhetoric and insults.
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
          then get your smartphone out and show it to us rather than just rhetoric and insults.
          And what good would that do? You've already had the clearest demonstrations imaginable, yet still don't believe it.

Don't forget to get the Mr Sheen out to prove yourself right! You don't want any of that pesky friction ruining things now!

No helping some people.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
            And what good would that do? You've already had the clearest demonstrations imaginable, yet still don't believe it.
            You linked to a kick and claimed that arguably the greatest player of all time was an idiot for spotting it. Get your smartphone out and show us one that doesn't kick.
            If it happens every time then you have nothing to be afraid of.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

You linked to a kick and claimed that arguably the greatest player of all time was an idiot for spotting it. Get your smartphone out and show us one that doesn't kick.
              If it happens every time then you have nothing to be afraid of.
              A kick? Lol.

Clueless, as ever.

Comment

No mate if you're right and you can show us you're right. That's it. One last question though mate, what about helping side? Unless you covered that already somewhere else then just refer me to a previous post. Genuinely interested mate, not arguing for the sake of it
                Helping side is simply using the swerve of the cue ball to change the angle of the shot very slightly, thin cuts can be aimed thicker and at slow pace thick cuts can be aimed thinner. If you have a 3/4 angle then you can aim half way between 3/4 and full ball to let the cue ball approach the object ball from a very slightly different angle, we're talking about 10mm here for a basic medium pace stun shot.
                The likes of biggie and co see the cue ball come off the object ball differently and think there's some kind of side transference or throw going on, but the fact is the cue ball has initially defected away from the side applied and then come back onto the line of aim from where it deflected to so comes off the object ball differently.

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                Try playing cut shots Vmax ,see if you get different results, I don't know if you will, I just don't think you would ever play the shot we are on about on a dead straight shot like you set up.
                You would when partially snookered which is what biggie linked to twice both with Selby and with Wilson. The Selby shot showed nothing as it was from the side, the Wilson shot was a definite kick which Hendry called, now if it hadn't kicked I would already be converted, but it did so I'm not and every shot I played last week said different as none of them kicked and there was no throw at all just the spin and swerve of the cue ball reacting on the cloth and the nap.

I only counted the ones that went dead centre of the pocket, I potted many off both near and far jaw and of course with these very slightly thicker and thinner contacts the cue balls angle off the object ball was even more evident.

I wasn't using my my own SC balls either, played with the clubs dirty grubby TC's so lots of friction going on, NOT!

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                I'm sure he's furiously polishing his balls as we speak. Even the biggest cave dweller knows highly polished balls create the least amount of throw,
                On the defensive already ? Oh dear

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                A kick? Lol.

Clueless, as ever.
                This is all you've got, it's like istening to Theresa May preaching strong and stable, get your smartphone out and show us, if it happens every time and you play 100 of these shots every time you play then you've nothing to be afraid of. It's very simple to upload a video onto to youtube and post it on the forum, Ive done it myself a few times but I don't have a smartphone or video camera with which to film myself, you do so why don't you.

We can all get to hear your cue's annoying little rattle at the same time and maybe tell you what's wrong with it, but then again I'm a little unsure why anyone would break into someone's locker at a snooker club, nick the cue, make it two inches shorter and fit a new ferrule and then put it back

Comment

• If you take the two shots The KW one and the RO one DT doesn't even know it's a kick until KW points to the cue ball , then he changes his attitude towards the shot but on the RO one he immediately say kick and it's blindingly obvious as you can see and hear it . I'm not one for taking what DT says too seriously , I'm sure he's not watching half the time and the other half he's scanning the audience for some of the nicest people he's ever met, or the lovely Vicky. I just find his immediate thoughts on the two shots interesting.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Helping side is simply using the swerve of the cue ball to change the angle of the shot very slightly, thin cuts can be aimed thicker and at slow pace thick cuts can be aimed thinner. If you have a 3/4 angle then you can aim half way between 3/4 and full ball to let the cue ball approach the object ball from a very slightly different angle, we're talking about 10mm here for a basic medium pace stun shot.
                    The likes of biggie and co see the cue ball come off the object ball differently and think there's some kind of side transference or throw going on, but the fact is the cue ball has initially defected away from the side applied and then come back onto the line of aim from where it deflected to so comes off the object ball differently.

You would when partially snookered which is what biggie linked to twice both with Selby and with Wilson. The Selby shot showed nothing as it was from the side, the Wilson shot was a definite kick which Hendry called, now if it hadn't kicked I would already be converted, but it did so I'm not and every shot I played last week said different as none of them kicked and there was no throw at all just the spin and swerve of the cue ball reacting on the cloth and the nap.

I only counted the ones that went dead centre of the pocket, I potted many off both near and far jaw and of course with these very slightly thicker and thinner contacts the cue balls angle off the object ball was even more evident.

I wasn't using my my own SC balls either, played with the clubs dirty grubby TC's so lots of friction going on, NOT!

On the defensive already ? Oh dear

This is all you've got, it's like istening to Theresa May preaching strong and stable, get your smartphone out and show us, if it happens every time and you play 100 of these shots every time you play then you've nothing to be afraid of. It's very simple to upload a video onto to youtube and post it on the forum, Ive done it myself a few times but I don't have a smartphone or video camera with which to film myself, you do so why don't you.

We can all get to hear your cue's annoying little rattle at the same time and maybe tell you what's wrong with it, but then again I'm a little unsure why anyone would break into someone's locker at a snooker club, nick the cue, make it two inches shorter and fit a new ferrule and then put it back
                    You have SO much to learn

Comment

• I stumbled upon this, it's quite rare as these are normally taken down, the audio is atrocious but it's Jack Karnehm explaining throw.
                      https://youtu.be/I8p_XeckYEg
                      I just realised who posted that video
                      Last edited by itsnoteasy; 12 August 2017, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        I stumbled upon this, it's quite rare as these are normally taken down, the audio is atrocious but it's Jack Karnehm explaining throw.
                        https://youtu.be/I8p_XeckYEg
                        I just realised who posted that video
                        https://youtu.be/dI14Jq_eBa0

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                          You have SO much to learn
                          Ain't no one on here teaching me, all I get are snide comments, insults and that Hendry is clueless. Now if you also have a smartphone then you film yourself playing this shot from exact head on, then you can pm me and I'll explain to you how to upload it onto youtube and link to it on this thread so that we can all see it happening and be converted.

Comment

I'd love to believe you mate, I really would. You've made some great contributions to this forum and I respect you a lot. And to be honest if the arguably greatest player in the history of this sport thinks it was a kick them who am I to argue. But to say now that side transference (i.e. the gearing effect) is a myth then I'm sorry mate but I couldn't disagree more. It's way too well documented. There's literally hundreds of videos out there proving it.

Comment

I'd love to believe you mate, I really would. You've made some great contributions to this forum and I respect you a lot. And to be honest if the arguably greatest player in the history of this sport thinks it was a kick them who am I to argue. But to say now that side transference (i.e. the gearing effect) is a myth then I'm sorry mate but I couldn't disagree more. It's way too well documented. There's literally hundreds of videos out there proving it.
                              +10 to this post .

I love the way Vmax looking at the game . have learned many things from him here on tsf .

I am realy surprised he has a diff point of view regarding this matter .
                              anyway , it's a forum and disagreements are a part of it , imo . :snooker:

Comment

Oh! You said side transference, I can feel Biggie lurking ready to strike

Comment

Working...
                                X