Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Little Reggie View Post
    The easy way to settle it would be for someone to post a video, maybe with two polka dot cue balls or two striped pool balls. If they can make the second ball spin, fantastic! The video I posted shows a chap saying this is not possible, using two pool balls. I think the null hypothesis is that side does not xfer. It's then up to someone to prove this theory wrong. Evidence would be great. What happens in Mr Stark's video is somewhat open to interpretation.
    https://youtu.be/xhAhcjIVWbw

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      Great I'm going to make my own list up and we all have to use them
      Yep

I suggest Rhubarb for the initial off line CB thing.
      Arc for swerve as the CB comes back from the Rhubarb and keeps going the other way.
      Push for the change in path of the OB to the tangent of (any) curve.
      We can agree on SIT?

Comment

• Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
        The chap imparts spin on the CB, the OB goes forward with the yellow stripe tilting to the left on rotation but then tilts back to the right. This is an odd effect, not spinning but odd to me. I've learn't something there; the spin from the CB seems to make the fwd rotation of the OB unstable, so it kind of rocks back and forth. I'd like to have seen that free of the table cues to cancel out any effect from the OB touching the cues. But if you've got some vid of an OB actually spinning, horizontally or close, that would be great. Many thanks for the vid.

Comment

This is not true. Planets bounce off each other or rather, collide, all the time in the universe, hence the asteroid belt. The Theia or Big Splash impact between two planets may have formed what we know as Earth and our moon today. Earth's spin and the Moon's orbit have similar orientations but is that because Earth imparted spin on to the resulting moon? Actually, no because tellingly, the Moon always has its dark side, no imparted side spin then.
          Big Splash, how interesting. :wink:

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

-
            Say it ain't so.
            https://youtu.be/DupfUVoSd7A
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

-
              It is an interesting theory but doesn't explain why there are no Venutian moons given that Venus, like Earth has suffered many large scale impacts from potential Lagrangian bodies. Interesting theory but possible veracity? Not sure.

Comment

The chap imparts spin on the CB, the OB goes forward with the yellow stripe tilting to the left on rotation but then tilts back to the right. This is an odd effect, not spinning but odd to me. I've learn't something there; the spin from the CB seems to make the fwd rotation of the OB unstable, so it kind of rocks back and forth. I'd like to have seen that free of the table cues to cancel out any effect from the OB touching the cues. But if you've got some vid of an OB actually spinning, horizontally or close, that would be great. Many thanks for the vid.
                https://youtu.be/kUGcuBGJ89w

Comment

Magnets

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    LOL You too huh.

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Thankyou, now that's good. I never believed in imparted spin but feel I'm half way to going to church based on this.

Comment

Thankyou, now that's good. I never believed in imparted spin but feel I'm half way to going to church based on this.
                        It also shows side induced throw quite clearly. Which has been a big bone of contention on this thread. Glad I could help

Comment

No, you haven't read me correctly, now there's a surprise. I said planets never bounce off each other, which is just one reason why comparing astrophysics to billiard table physics is silly.

-
                          Lol! Pathetic!

Comment

It also shows side induced throw quite clearly. Which has been a big bone of contention on this thread. Glad I could help
                            I think that's what Mr Stark called 'kick' in his video. It would appear to have some credance, whether one calls it kick or throw. Terminology appears to be of great importance on this forum from what I can read but whatever one calls it, it does appear to be a thing in conjunction with imparted spin. Well I never. Thankyou once again.

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                              And to all learners out there reading.

DO NOT read in to this thread too deeply. It will, without doubt, impede your progress as a player. This game is all about practice practice and practice, which and will develop your memory for all shots.

Enjoy...

Snooker loopy down my local club has been playing for 40 years and still hasn't had a 50 break. Keep practising, they say...

Comment

Wow that's some throw. I know how he does that - anyone else hazard a guess?

Comment

Working...
                                X