Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    Unfortunately the video shows swerving or slightly bending the CUE BALL in order to make a pot which wouldn't be pottable normally. What some people are saying on this strig j6 is that they can bend the OBJECT BALL path by putting side on the CB (transferred side or inducing a kick) and my thoughts are if this was at all possible we would have heard of it in the 150yrs or so people have been playing and experimenting with billiards.

I have yet to see a video where the OB is able to bend around an intervening ball and go into the pocket. As I'm 72yrs old I think I will be long dead before a video surfaces or one of these people on here will fake a video using chalk crumbled bits on the table or a table with a really bad roll.
    Terry, Terry, Terry...

There's only one poor, deluded fool on this thread saying the object ball can do a hand brake turn on the way to the pocket...

Now, who has suggested that?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
      Yes. Good find.

No value in that shot - to some.
      That was a very strange comment by Terry. How he can't see the value in this shot is beyond me

Comment

There's only one poor, deluded fool on this thread saying the object ball can do a hand brake turn on the way to the pocket...
        Now, who is that - ""one poor deluded fool"".?.

Good question, how have we got to a OB doing a banana around a intervening ball?..Forum members have got confused..
        JP Majestic
        3/4
        57"
        17oz
        9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
          Someone said Jack induced LH side on the black.
          Someone else said they can change the path of the object ball using side. Well DUH...we all know if you use side the cueball with initially push out and then if the pace is slow enough or the shot long enough the CB will eventually bend back into the object ball to hit the correct potting point. The object ball is not 'thrown' onto the correct line of the pot, it's actually hit on the correct line or BOB.

Induced spin is not of practical use as it's so slight.
          I'll have to leave your last few posts unanswered as I'm shaking too much with laughter to give them the contempt they so thoroughly deserve, so will just ask you this: do you actually watch the videos i link?

They tend to tell you all you need to know.

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
            Now, who is that - ""one poor deluded fool"".?.

Good question, how have we got to a OB doing a banana around a intervening ball?..Forum members have got confused..
            Only idiots have got confused mate. Mind you, you guys have plenty of experience in that department.

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
              That was a very strange comment by Terry. How he can't see the value in this shot is beyond me
              He needs to step away from the internet...

Comment

• What kind of guys are you?

1. Induced throw from a spinning CB is impossible and just a fairy tale.
                2. Left hand English throws the object ball to the right, right hand english throws the object ball to the left. Both spins grab and kick the object ball.
                3. The cue ball can be hit straight with english or swerved to produce the OB kick
                4. If enough swerve is applied to the CB, the OB can be made to not just kick but swerve as well.

I'm a No.4 and I was a No.1 yesterday. Any other No.4s in the house?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                  I don't think anyone is saying you can "bend" the object ball . They are saying that if you can't hit point of contact on the OB because another ball is in the the way . Then you can alter hit the OB thicker with side and create the angle .

Scenario ...the black is on its spot and there is a red below it almost touching . You've landed low on the red and want to pot it into the corner ...however the black is stopping you from contacting the part of the red you need to hit and you can only see enough of the red to hit the knuckle .
                  If you hit as much of the red as you can but using side then you can make the pot as the side allows you to hit the ball thcker than the true contact point while changing the angle the white takes .
                  It's not bending the OB is just setting the OB off at a steeper angle

an old gent in our club that plays English billiards showed me this when I first started . They use it while playing nursery cannons as playing with one side moves the three balls apart and the other side keeps them together . It's amazing to watch . And we are talking about balks that are only about 5 mm apart and played soft enough to have the OBs only move a few mm .
                  Very good point about side keeping balls together or splitting them apart. Useful to understand this when breaking open a pack etc.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Little Reggie View Post
                    What kind of guys are you?

2. Left hand English throws the object ball to the right, right hand english throws the object ball to the left. Both spins grab and kick the object ball.
                    3. The cue ball can be hit straight with english or swerved to produce the OB kick
                    4. If enough swerve is applied to the CB, the OB can be made to not just kick but swerve as well.

Correct answer is No 2 mate

Comment

Only idiots have got confused mate. Mind you, you guys have plenty of experience in that department.
                      Yep, plenty of experience here to hit 50 plus breaks with EVERY hour of snooker played.

You must be an awesome player BS with all this ""valuable"" knowledge you have..Hahaha..
                      JP Majestic
                      3/4
                      57"
                      17oz
                      9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by Little Reggie View Post
                        What kind of guys are you?

Stop it, B.

I think a spinning CB can make an OB do a loop de loop.

Comment

• The answer is: it's all ChrisG's fault for starting this thread :wink:

Comment

Stop it, B.

I think a spinning CB can make an OB do a loop de loop.
                            Wrong: you need to get it to jump too to do that

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                              Yep, plenty of experience here to hit 50 plus breaks with EVERY hour of snooker played.

You must be an awesome player BS with all this ""valuable"" knowledge you have..Hahaha..
                              A 50 in a line up every hour!

Wow, so impressed. Let me know when your IQ gets to 50 anorl, will ya?

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                This thread has taken what can only be described as a surreal turn. Just to keep it going , I will make a film of me easily bending object balls around other balls, it's not that hard to do but does require a bit of decent cueing and some heavy heavy medication to be able to see it but from what I have read it seems a lot of folk on here are already on some so we should be ok.
                                Lol.

I wouldn't mind a bit of what tel's on - he's seeing waistcoats on blacks and horns on blues and all sorts.

Some good growers around Canada, you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X