Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He was joking about the loop-da-loops.

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
      Neither the CB or the OB is bending mate lol!
      I watched a thing on Uri Geller being a fraud last night :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
        Think that was Alex Higgins. Could be wrong though mate
        I thought it was Steve. I remember the WPBSA banned direct jump shot pots because Davis amongst others had cracked that shot. I have this vague memory that he potted a ball and jumped the pack when it looked certain he'd be trapped in the pack with no colour after the red though the sloe gin could be creating memories. It's a bit of a blur.
        Last edited by Little Reggie; 18 August 2017, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• I'm sure the rule is as I posted above ie after contact anything is fair game re jumping, but willing to accept that I am wrong.

(Is that a first on this thread?)

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
            I'm sure the rule is as I posted above ie after contact anything is fair game re jumping, but willing to accept that I am wrong.

Lol yes it is a first . Although I may be wrong as well.

Comment

I'm sure the rule is as I posted above ie after contact anything is fair game re jumping, but willing to accept that I am wrong.

I'm pretty sure you're right

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                I've seen ROS whack the black ball and jump the cueball into the middle of the pack for a perfect split but I don't know whether is was an accident or intentional as he didn't have a big lead at the time.
                Just found this video. Throws a bit of a curved ball into this somewhat lively discussion. No pun intended. Especially after me posting other videos. Don't know what to think anymore. Think I'm gonna pop out for a stiff drink
                https://youtu.be/4B4f_IDFips

Comment

• Originally Posted by englishboy1971 View Post
                  Lol yes it is a first . Although I may be wrong as well.
                  There is little doubt I'm wrong about the indirect jump shot, so I'm probably right.

But if you played the jump shot with side as well, would it arc in the air, ala Beckham?

Comment

If you CB jumps in the air with ""side"" its a foul shot. CB In the air ""plain ball", no foul.

And, fyi, a CB with bundles of side in the air can violently whizz around like a untied balloon. This is dangerous and so a foul..

I do some vids, guys..
                    JP Majestic
                    3/4
                    57"
                    17oz
                    9.5mm Elk

Comment

Just found this video. Throws a bit of a curved ball into this somewhat lively discussion. No pun intended. Especially after me posting other videos. Don't know what to think anymore. Think I'm gonna pop out for a stiff drink
                      That's already been posted

Comment

Think the rule is the cue ball cannot bounce higher then the height of a ball before impacting the object ball. After that anything goes

Comment

Well poop. Bring this to the attention of Mr. B.S. and Travis please and they should then join you for a drink but they buy of course! I started out saying spin transfer is so little as to be useless in snooker. Even if it was proven what use would it be? We all use side but for other reasons but side with no cushion involved is pretty much useless I think. I tried this exact same experiment and got exactly the same results as did Nic Barrow too.
                          Terry Davidson
                          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

That's already been posted
                            Sorry mate

Comment

Sorry mate
                              I can't be assed to go back through this, but I think that it is before the one with the spinning OB?

I admit that I'm not sure of the purpose\worth of that it is (beyond doubles) and some has posted that we can expect some swerving OB's. But could be a wind up :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                                Well poop. Bring this to the attention of Mr. B.S. and Travis please and they should then join you for a drink but they buy of course!
                                Anyone for a pint?

Comment

Working...
                                X