Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
    You can definitely do some crazy s##t with it once you get the hang of it
    tedisbill and friends have had a crack so why not eh?

Comment

• some of us are already on it I think

Last edited by Byrom; 19 August 2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        ....Even better when you hit the CB with extreme top spin will that transfer screw to the OB? Gee, I just don't know but maybe the physics expert can tell us (without insulting us hopefully).
        This looks like CB top, transferred to OB bottom to me Terry, what do you think?

Apologies if the original vid has already been posted here.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
          some of us are already on it I think

Yep. The last time Roy's name was mentioned was around page 12 I think.
          Talk about derailing a thread :biggrin-new:

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            This looks like CB top, transferred to OB bottom to me Terry, what do you think?

-
            That's quite funny, you can see the ob wanting to spin backwards while it's in the air, then when it lands there is a skid then forward rolling, three shots in one! Now if it bent round another ball all hell would break loose.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by Little Reggie View Post
              Sir, you seem to have ignored what Mr Stark, a coach of huge experience says in his video. If it is of use to Mr Stark, shown by Mr Wilson in the video of his match against Bingham, then why poo-poo the benefits of transferred side? Neither Mr Barrow or yourself have achieved the heights of Mr Wilson and I cannot avoid the feeling that jealousy pervades. Disappointing. That old chestnut, don't slate something until you have tried it, or perhaps here, developed the skills, to enjoy it. The fact remains, Mr Stark shows us how to pot the unpotable to keep a break going, that is a very useful skill indeed. You denigrate this skill and it does not reflect kindly on you.
              Oh horsefeathers. Can't swear, don't want to get banned. There is no useful transferred side and the videos you site are nothing more than bending the cueball into the correct potting spot (BOB). There is no side transferred and they have to play those shots slowly in order for the side to grab and curl the cueball. It's not me denigrating a skill as I use this shot all the time and so do many others without saying 'oh, the transferred side on the OB caused it to curl into the pocket. Absolute rubbish!
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Hard to teach an old dog new tricks I suppose. I still find it hard to believe so many good players on here and they don't know/believe about this stuff.
                But I beg to differ as it's YOU who doesn't realize what's going on with these shots where the cueball curls around the intervening ball. If you put side on the cueball it will curl 100% of the time. It isn't 'throwing' the OB into the pocket. However as long both you and I can make this shot then all we are doing is disagreeing about the cause and not the results.
                Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

-
                  No sorry. On this video both object balls go airborne and they would need to stay on the bed of the table and would start spinning with top stuff if they had the friction of the cloth.
                  Terry Davidson

Comment

• Guys , how about starting a new thread and let everyone to vote . trust the democracy .

The issue on the table is :

Brexit the side , yes or No .

Just saying !!

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      That's quite funny, you can see the ob wanting to spin backwards while it's in the air, then when it lands there is a skid then forward rolling, three shots in one! Now if it bent round another ball all hell would break loose.
                      For goodness sakes, c'mon guys. The freaking cueball BOUNCED into the OB thereby striking down on the OB and the amount of backspin imparted was still almost nil. That is what some call the 'gear effect'. Place the balls again and don't hit the ball hard enough to bounce it. Actually this is a valid shot in snooker to bounce the CB into the OB by using top spin and then the CB can jump over another ball in the way or into the middle of the pack like Ronnie did.
                      Terry Davidson

Comment

Oh horsefeathers. Can't swear, don't want to get banned. There is no useful transferred side and the videos you site are nothing more than bending the cueball into the correct potting spot (BOB). There is no side transferred and they have to play those shots slowly in order for the side to grab and curl the cueball. It's not me denigrating a skill as I use this shot all the time and so do many others without saying 'oh, the transferred side on the OB caused it to curl into the pocket. Absolute rubbish!
                        That's great, I look forward to you playing on video the shot Mr Stark plays in his video, where the blue cannot be potted naturally due to an impeding red. You play this shot all the time apparently ^.

Comment

But I beg to differ as it's YOU who doesn't realize what's going on with these shots where the cueball curls around the intervening ball. If you put side on the cueball it will curl 100% of the time. It isn't 'throwing' the OB into the pocket. However as long both you and I can make this shot then all we are doing is disagreeing about the cause and not the results.
                          I'm afraid not mate. Pause the Wilson vid at point of contact and it's definitely not hitting BOB to pot it. I use this shot all the time and like I said to Reg - I don't get how many of you don't believe this happens

Comment

• Originally Posted by Little Reggie View Post
                            That's great, I look forward to you playing on video the shot Mr Stark plays in his video, where the blue cannot be potted naturally due to an impeding red. You play this shot all the time apparently ^.
                            Would you please post the number of the post that's in. I watched the Barry Stark video and I only saw him bending around an intervening ball and not curving the blue ball into the pocket. He hit the blue on BOB by curling the cueball and he had to do it at slow pace in order for the RH side to take in time. Any harder and he would have had to put on a lot more side.
                            Terry Davidson

Comment

I'm afraid not mate. Pause the Wilson vid at point of contact and it's definitely not hitting BOB to pot it. I use this shot all the time and like I said to Reg - I don't get how many of you don't believe this happens
                              I don't remember seeing a Wilson video so what post # is it in? I saw the Selby video and he definitely hit BOB after curving the CB.
                              Terry Davidson

Comment

No sorry. On this video both object balls go airborne and they would need to stay on the bed of the table and would start spinning with top stuff if they had the friction of the cloth.
                                It looks to me as though the cueball doesn't leave the bed until it contacts the OB, and it's the top spin contact that actually lifts the CB off the table also making the OB jump. Isn't this just the natural consequence of colliding spinning balls? Whenever we see a super slow motion vid of ball contact, they always seem to be jumping around all over the place, we just don't see it in real time, no?

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X