Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I looked through Dr. Dave's videos and couldn't find one which shows top on the cueball transferring bottom to the OB. I note in the video BS posted it showed the OB rotating counter-clockwise and this proved transfer from the bottom on the cueball. I think it might be just friction on the cloth initiating that top spin.

So a simple request to Mr. Big Shot...if you can find one would you please post a video showing bottom on the OB. If you can't find one (as I couldn't) and since you seem to be buddies with Dr. Dave can you ask him to do one using his high speed camera to see if bottom can actually be placed on the OB.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
      I don't believe in god either, it's a crock of s###e, so we do at least agree on one thing.
      However, it seems to me to be the other way round.
      When someone disagrees with you, you start replying to everyone saying how wrong they are. Does it ever occur to you that sometimes you might be wrong.
      You are not Yoda to all things snooker, far from it.

Btw, Barry Stark is 74 and still smooth as f###
      Oh, I can admit I've been wrong before, like I thought highly of some tips which turned out to be rubbish. Barry Stark is a good coach but maybe, just maybe, he might be wrong about some things. You see, it works both ways until you start saying I don't have the knowledge or experience to talk about spin. Just that in itself proves you must be right.
      Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        Oh, I can admit I've been wrong before, like I thought highly of some tips which turned out to be rubbish. Barry Stark is a good coach but maybe, just maybe, he might be wrong about some things. You see, it works both ways until you start saying I don't have the knowledge or experience to talk about spin. Just that in itself proves you must be right.
        I'm wrong loads of time. But not about this, far from it. But we will agree to disagree

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
          Ouch! I wish I hadn't asked now.

Comment

• Oh my god, the apocalypse is here. The sun is disappearing! There are some fundamentalist Christians in the USA who actually believe this but have nothing to say once it passes but their target was to get money from their fan clubs to they can tell them the donations will get them into heaven and a lot of them actually believe this while the good old pastor flies around in his $13M jet.

There are also a lot who believe the earth is flat (don't tell the people who live on the back side though), vaccinations cause autism (I think a famous actor believes this) and masturbation is the work of the devil and will rot your brain. A lot of these people also believe Trump has god's approval and might be the second coming or at least preparing the way.

Gonna be a satisfied payday when they find out he has been laundering Russian mob money for years at a big profit to himself. (not fake news)
            Terry Davidson

Comment

I looked through Dr. Dave's videos and couldn't find one which shows top on the cueball transferring bottom to the OB. I note in the video BS posted it showed the OB rotating counter-clockwise and this proved transfer from the bottom on the cueball. I think it might be just friction on the cloth initiating that top spin.

So a simple request to Mr. Big Shot...if you can find one would you please post a video showing bottom on the OB. If you can't find one (as I couldn't) and since you seem to be buddies with Dr. Dave can you ask him to do one using his high speed camera to see if bottom can actually be placed on the OB.
              I would say it would be minimal Terry at 1.26 you can see it more clearly but this is on a deliberate kick ,so dirty balls and probably a super fine cloth for less friction will give you a more noticeable effect but even then not much to get excited about I wouldn't have thought, but it can happen.
              https://youtu.be/4HE4dHi6Gh8
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                I would say it would be minimal Terry at 1.26 you can see it more clearly but this is on a deliberate kick ,so dirty balls and probably a super fine cloth for less friction will give you a more noticeable effect but even then not much to get excited about I wouldn't have thought, but it can happen.
                https://youtu.be/4HE4dHi6Gh8
                You can see a very little bit in tedisbill's video when the 8-ball becomes airborne is rotates maybe 1/16 of a turn backwards but the shot was so hard that you can't really tell what the cause is. The main point is just play the shots normally and don't worry about the mechanics as long as you can replicate it consistently.
                Terry Davidson

Comment

You can see a very little bit in tedisbill's video when the 8-ball becomes airborne is rotates maybe 1/16 of a turn backwards but the shot was so hard that you can't really tell what the cause is. The main point is just play the shots normally and don't worry about the mechanics as long as you can replicate it consistently.
                  Totally agree, I have always said all this stuff, while very interesting to me, doesn't enter my head or thoughts when on the table. The games hard enough without this stuff running through your mind.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                    This is a decent video on explaining
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xoSyNGpzw50

The next shot is just before the balls make contact or move:

It looks like swerve to me.

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                      I don't believe in god either, it's a crock of s###e, so we do at least agree on one thing.
                      However, it seems to me to be the other way round.
                      When someone disagrees with you, you start replying to everyone saying how wrong they are. Does it ever occur to you that sometimes you might be wrong.
                      You are not Yoda to all things snooker, far from it.

Btw, Barry Stark is 74 and still smooth as f###
                      Barry's class, he would never write insulting tripe or slate another coach. A true gent, who recognises that as a coach, you set the example of behaviour that is 'snooker', a code of conduct for your students. Now the children can be naughty but when the teachers respond in kind, you know the teacher's poor.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Little Reggie View Post
                        Barry's class, he would never write insulting tripe or slate another coach. A true gent, who recognises that as a coach, you set the example of behaviour that is 'snooker', a code of conduct for your students. Now the children can be naughty but when the teachers respond in kind, you know the teacher's poor.
                        I wonder when you're going to get it right Reggie. I've never slated Barry Stark, I just disagree with his conclusion on that one shot or is that slating him in your mind?
                        Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

-

Maybe ....but impressive to swerve around a ball that close the the CB with the cue butt not elevated

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

-
                            Damnation! In the second shot it looks like the CB and OB are lined up perfectly for the pocket with the line going across the centre of both balls. I guess the crucial question might be in the next shot did he pot the ball or did he get that throw effect and missed the pocket to the left. (That is one small table though).
                            Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                              Maybe ....but impressive to swerve around a ball that close the the CB with the cue butt not elevated
                              And playing above centre on the cue ball, I can't swerve the cue ball with a flat cue hitting the top of the ball, can anyone else?

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                And playing above centre on the cue ball, I can't swerve the cue ball with a flat cue hitting the top of the ball, can anyone else?
                                Yes, but you don't want a hard tip and use lots of chalk if you're up at 11 o'clock. Raise the bridge hand and keep the cue level (although I note this guy used the cushion for his bridge)
                                Terry Davidson

Comment

Working...
                                X