Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
    True. It's also useful to pot balls when you're partially snookered - just ask selby or wilson. Can probably forget about asking Hendry.

Or how about using it to kill a CB - aka helping side?

SIT (and spin transfer) creates all sorts of angles when playing doubles.

It widens your choice of safeties.
    We all use side this way when we're partially snookered. Duh! I don't think helping side will kill a cueball travel but drag sure will. Do you understand drag BS?
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
      It's practical all over the table for better cue ball control. Makes the game more enjoyable too, which at the end of the day is what it's all about
      so you plan the use of throw on every shot? When I'm in close control I don't consider it but when I'm playing a tick-off safety with the chance of going in-off I do consider it. I normally wouldn't consider it in long distance positional shots when I'm playing for an area normally.
      Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        You're priceless BS, you really are. I've never known anyone so proud of their ignorance.

-
        I knew he couldn't explain the practical use of throw but I just did on the breaking the pack off the black shot. I think BS is exactly that...BS
        Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          1 , gear effect can be ignored! I beg to differ
          https://youtu.be/CGsXQ1MvO9Q
          2, it can't be better explained than this, or is Jack Karnehm wrong, he was only a top class billiards player , snooker player and coach .
          https://youtu.be/I8p_XeckYEg
          I also noticed you said you played extreme side centre line of the cue ball, try and experiment a bit, none of the shots played here have been extreme side and none have been centre line of the cue ball.
          Wait a minute...dod you think those shots in the one video where they pot the baulk colour in the middle bag don't use extreme side? They would hit the cueball at either 5 or 7 o'clock, because they also need extreme screw besides the extreme side. Those shots take a lot of practice to master and ROS and Neil seems to have it mastered along with Murphy but not all pros will play those shots as a matter of course,
          Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
            I can play that Karnham black full ball with slow drag and loads of side and the CB travels just a few inches. How does that work then if you have to hit the correct part of the OB to pot it?
            Are you saying you can pot that Karnham black by playing full ball with drag and side. I doubt that very much. In addition there is only one spot opposite the pocket where the black has to be hit and the only way you're gonna pot it is by swerving the cueball with extreme LH side and fairly slow (your drag I guess) to swerve the cueball off the full-ball and to the 3/4-ball potting point. Then the cueball would only move a few inches after contact with the black dribbling in at pocket weight.
            Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
              I knew he couldn't explain the practical use of throw but I just did on the breaking the pack off the black shot. I think BS is exactly that...BS
              Yeah, just another wind-up merchant. Why would you choose such a BS username otherwise?

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

so you plan the use of throw on every shot? When I'm in close control I don't consider it but when I'm playing a tick-off safety with the chance of going in-off I do consider it. I normally wouldn't consider it in long distance positional shots when I'm playing for an area normally.
                I never said on every shot. Just 5/6 times during the course of a century I would say
                Anyway you didn't answer my question

Comment

We all use side this way when we're partially snookered. Duh! I don't think helping side will kill a cueball travel but drag sure will. Do you understand drag BS?
                  It kills the cue ball, as in the Karnehm video, because you are hitting thicker you are taking more energy out the cue ball so it won't travel as far.
                  Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                  Wait a minute...dod you think those shots in the one video where they pot the baulk colour in the middle bag don't use extreme side? They would hit the cueball at either 5 or 7 o'clock, because they also need extreme screw besides the extreme side. Those shots take a lot of practice to master and ROS and Neil seems to have it mastered along with Murphy but not all pros will play those shots as a matter of course,
                  just ignore that video, it really has nothing to do with what is being discussed, this thread has meandered all over the place.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Are you saying you can pot that Karnham black by playing full ball with drag and side. I doubt that very much. In addition there is only one spot opposite the pocket where the black has to be hit and the only way you're gonna pot it is by swerving the cueball with extreme LH side and fairly slow (your drag I guess) to swerve the cueball off the full-ball and to the 3/4-ball potting point. Then the cueball would only move a few inches after contact with the black dribbling in at pocket weight.
                    Yes I can. And it's right hand side btw

Comment

You're priceless BS, you really are. I've never known anyone so proud of their ignorance.

-
                      What do you mean lad? Terry doesn't understand what is being discussed - there's only so many times you can read him trying to decipher it before giving up.

Comment

I know one when i see one, certainly.

Comment

Right, i think the mystery has been solved, chaps. Terry doesn't play with side so Terry doesn't understand it. Phew, that took a while!

Comment

I gave you several you klutz. Why wouldn't being able to manufacture angles that aren't naturally there be a good thing? It gives you more of the OB to play with. And quite what you're on about with your black shot...

You should leave this. I fear you have learning difficulties cos you aren't getting it at all.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              It kills the cue ball, as in the Karnehm video, because you are hitting thicker you are taking more energy out the cue ball so it won't travel as far.

just ignore that video, it really has nothing to do with what is being discussed, this thread has meandered all over the place.
                              Yeah, god knows why he linked that one. Honestly, my post count would be in the thousands if i corrected someone every time they drifted off topic.

There's a denial that runs deep in snooker. Strange. Even when it's proven, they still don't think it exists. How the hell are they playing the game? The mind boggles.

Comment

Yeah, just another wind-up merchant. Why would you choose such a BS username otherwise?

-
                                That's Mr BS to the likes of you son.

Comment

Working...
                                X