Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    And playing above centre on the cue ball, I can't swerve the cue ball with a flat cue hitting the top of the ball, can anyone else?
    It would be impossible to swerve a ball that close to the OB that much, with a 13mm hard pool tip remember. Impossible. Nope, that's extreme side xfer as plain as day. Great shot (cue those who simply don't understand this concept and could never play the shot but do have a pub explanation! lol).
    Last edited by Little Reggie; 21 August 2017, 09:21 PM.

Comment

And playing above centre on the cue ball, I can't swerve the cue ball with a flat cue hitting the top of the ball, can anyone else?
      Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      We can't say it doesn't happen because we can't do it....
      Just sayin'

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        Just sayin'

-
        That's why I was asking if anyone can do it. As I said before if anyone has proof , I put Dr Daves email up , write to him and tell him he's wrong and you can prove it, explain your reasons and see how you get on ,everything else is pointless. Anyone can write to the man with the PhD in mechanical engineering, who teaches courses in what happens when balls collide at a university and tell him he's clueless, best of luck
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
          Yes, but you don't want a hard tip and use lots of chalk if you're up at 11 o'clock. Raise the bridge hand and keep the cue level (although I note this guy used the cushion for his bridge)
          I will try this Terry although I don't have a soft tip on, it will probably be softer than what he has on his pool cue . With just a stroke shot like that I am really surprised it can be done, I thought you had to tilt the cue ball and have it spinning at that certain angle to get it to come back on line after the initial deflection from the cue, how do you get it to tilt when playing up at 11 o'clock with a flat cue? Raising the butt and hitting down yes but up at 11 with a flat smooth stroke does surprise me.

Comment

That's why I was asking if anyone can do it. As I said before if anyone has proof , I put Dr Daves email up , write to him and tell him he's wrong and you can prove it, explain your reasons and see how you get on ,everything else is pointless. Anyone can write to the man with the PhD in mechanical engineering, who teaches courses in what happens when balls collide at a university and tell him he's clueless, best of luck
            I would never say he's clueless, I was just commenting on that particular example.

-
            The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
              I would never say he's clueless, I was just commenting on that particular example.

-
              Yeh I was only joking there Pat, sorry if it came across wrong.

Comment

Yeh I was only joking there Pat, sorry if it came across wrong.
                No problem mate.

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by Little Reggie View Post
                  It would be impossible to swerve a ball that close to the OB that much, with a 13mm hard pool tip remember. Impossible. Nope, that's extreme side xfer as plain as day. Great shot (cue those who simply don't understand this concept and could never play the shot but do have a pub explanation! lol).
                  Looking at the second photo I see both the cueball and OB centered on the straight line and lined up to the pocket. Do you not see that?
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Looking at the second photo I see both the cueball and OB centered on the straight line and lined up to the pocket. Do you not see that?

It does look that way ...I'd say he set it up with more space to get through than he intended as I just cant see it being possible to swerve around that ball being as close as it is ....especially with his cue parallel to the table .

I linked the video more for the way he describes what is happening verbally

Comment

Yes, but you don't want a hard tip and use lots of chalk if you're up at 11 o'clock. Raise the bridge hand and keep the cue level (although I note this guy used the cushion for his bridge)
                      Tip hardness makes no difference. This shot is bread and butter for pool players - you lot are quite unbelievable.

As oma said on the other thread, how is this even a thing?

Comment

Get you eyes checked.

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                          I'm afraid not mate. Pause the Wilson vid at point of contact and it's definitely not hitting BOB to pot it. I use this shot all the time and like I said to Reg - I don't get how many of you don't believe this happens
                          I've posted my video now you post yours.

Originally Posted by Little Reggie View Post
                          Yeah, publish your counter knowledge of Dr. Dave's scientific theories then, disproving what he says in peer reviewed journals, not just hearsay. He's used a lot of kit and analysis to reach his conclusions.
                          And most of his videos use plants and sets to show his spin theories, discounting the squeeze/push effect that creates the same without the use of sidespin at all.

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                          Maybe ....but impressive to swerve around a ball that close the the CB with the cue butt not elevated
                          Not impressive at all, just the way the cue ball naturally behaves when loaded with sidespin.

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                          Yes you can you just don't realise it.

Originally Posted by Little Reggie View Post
                          There's none so blind as those who will not see. Why are you back here again, done the rounds and got thrown off all the other forums whose subjects you claim expertise to? Show us your video again, the one where you play a 24 foot screw shot with no one in the picture
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                            Get you eyes checked.
                            No comment. Now I know why you see things that aren't there or ignore things that are there.
                            Terry Davidson
                            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Is this still going on.... back n forth reminds me of this...

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                                I've posted my video now you post yours.

And most of his videos use plants and sets to show his spin theories, discounting the squeeze/push effect that creates the same without the use of sidespin at all.

Not impressive at all, just the way the cue ball naturally behaves when loaded with sidespin.

Yes you can you just don't realise it.

There's none so blind as those who will not see. Why are you back here again, done the rounds and got thrown off all the other forums whose subjects you claim expertise to? Show us your video again, the one where you play a 24 foot screw shot with no one in the picture
                                Man, you are soooo ignorant!

I'm sure the penny will drop for you one day. In the meantime, keep making yourself look foolish - be in no doubt that those of us who understand such matters are greatly amused.

We were all ignorant once.

Comment

Working...
                                X