• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    He started it!
    Ok lets blame Michael Jackson...he's bad

Comment

I tried it myself this morning and I only made it to past the blue pocket but I missed the brown more than I made it as my table has not been blocked or ironed in quite awhile now and it's slow. I'll wait until I get the Hainsworth Precision cloth installed in a little while and try it again.
      What's this blocked and ironed you talk of, I wish someone would tell my club about it. Since we are getting our excuses in for not being as good as Pottr, I was also using my own TC cue ball but club balls, I haven't got a clue if that makes any difference but I'm using it as my excuse.
      I had to take a run up at it B,
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Sidespin on a snooker table both with and against the nap

In fairness guys, the only reason I got it down to the pink area is because I'm better at snooker than you lot

sorry... but we all know it's my job to play the ****** x

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
          Ok lets blame Michael Jackson...he's bad
          He's also dead, so we can't blame him for this debacle.
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
            In fairness guys, the only reason I got it down to the pink area is because I'm better at snooker than you lot

Cant argue with any of that
            Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            He's also dead, so we can't blame him for this debacle.
            We also can't blame the sunshine, moonlight, or the good times but we can blame the boogie .

Comment

Well I will apologise because I doubted his 147's - I have only ever made about 10 - 15 centuries in real games - so not quite as accomplished as others and although I lay off playing much at the minute I can still probably make at least 2 or 3 breaks over 50 in say ten games and more usually 20 and 30 plus's every game. My standard is ok and I am happy but when I get to seventy odd years old I doubt I could pick up a cue let alone go to a tournament and knock in 70....

I do think at times Terry comes across a little - I am right and that's it too - its not all Mr BS fault even though he can be abrupt too - Terry is strong in his arguments and that is probably a navy officer thing and I think it has got a bit personal on here -at times. Maybe its time to stop the personal stuff please.

In this debate I do agree with the other side / Barry Stark n Doc Dave, the effects may be minimal but they do come into the game on certain shots but. However it does not matter on which side debate you are on - why insult? ...I might be wrong too its only my opinion - but the videos do show this to be a factor and as Onemester said I cant believe people don't know this...

PS V-MAX that glove ....hahahahhaha - ooops sorry am I being personal (smack)

So I'm just supposed to be the 'bigger man' and lay down in front of all the insults? That'll be the day, I'm old and crotchety and I have the advantage of being allowed to do that because of old age since they put it down to 'old timer's disease'.
              Terry Davidson

Comment

I have to disagree with that, it's just a much better cue action with a bit faster cloth. I even tried it with a light cueball I have here but still couldn't get it much past the middle bag
                Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  We also can't blame the sunshine, moonlight, or the good times but we can blame the boogie .
                  Haha, that was very good

-
                  The fast and the furious,
                  The slow and labourious,
                  All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Pottr , do me a favour and at least put the first letter in on your swear words, I have just spent twenty minutes trying to figure out what it's meant to say.

Comment

Well I will apologise because I doubted his 147's - I have only ever made about 10....
                      Just for a millisecond there Byrom, I was in awe!

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

The pool expert obviously hasn't run 10 racks in a row in 9-ball which is considered the mark of an excellent pool player and one reason they usually have alternative breaks now in 9-ball competition. He is accusing me of saying that but I don't play pool at all although I tried it for a couple of seasons. It was rack handicapped. A pro or good amateur was a 9 and I was a 7 so I wasn't all that great.
                        Thanks mate . 10 racks in a row does sound hard though .

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                          Just for a millisecond there Byrom, I was in awe!

-
                          ha ha ha well I made one on the line up once - does not count like but still ...made me happy after two years solid trying to do it

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            Pottr , do me a favour and at least put the first letter in on your swear words, I have just spent twenty minutes trying to figure out what it's meant to say.
                            So, we take it you figured it out ?, haha.
                            JP Majestic
                            3/4
                            57"
                            17oz
                            9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                              Thanks mate . 10 racks in a row does sound hard though .
                              Hardly anyone has done it in competition, although every man and his dog claims to have done it in practise.

https://youtu.be/7Jm_tqlkf2s

As for all this alleged abuse, lighten up FFS. Where the hell do you lot drink?

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                                So, we take it you figured it out ?, haha.
                                Nah I gave up narrowed it down to two, one starts with a w and one with a t.

Comment

Working...
                                X