Sidespin on a snooker table both with and against the nap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    What's the rules on this, At 32mins, Bob is using the 3 ball as the break ball, misses but pots the 1 out the pack, like a plant, but picks the 1 back out and puts it on the spot( I think) and gives up the go, why is this a foul, or end of go? I take it you must pot your break ball as it seems ok to play a plant at any other time.
    Virtually all American pool games are 'call shot' - if you miss the ball you are going for, in the pocket you have nominated, you sit down. You have missed your shot. It is not a foul but you have not achieved the shot you were nominating.

9 ball is the exception - you don't need to nominate and flukes (called slop) are fine, which is why we simultaneously love and hate it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      I would appreciate if you showed a little courtesy and disagree with myself and vmax without the insults please.
      Sorry, no.

Flat earthers, who scream fake news and try to justify themselves by deriding those that know better as born again Christians, deserve contempt.

Be humble and educate yourself, and you'll be treated with respect. Until then, you'll get scorn.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
        I'm not asking you to pot it but to make the same contact point playing with left hand side to show that the cue ball doesn't swerve. If you can make the same contact point using left hand side then obviously the cue ball doesn't swerve, so go ahead and play this shot and film it and post the video and prove to all of us that the cue ball doesn't swerve.

Where did I say any red swerved ?

Can't see the pocket let alone see a red drop into it, so where's your proof ?

Proof? Proof came in 1830.

You'll never see it, no matter the proof.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
          Sorry, no.

Flat earthers, who scream fake news and try to justify themselves by deriding those that know better as born again Christians, deserve contempt.

Be humble and educate yourself, and you'll be treated with respect. Until then, you'll get scorn.
          Scorn?! You make it sound like snatch and grab are ignorant. How very dare you! Don't give them scorn, give them popcorn!

Comment

I'm not asking you to pot it but to make the same contact point playing with left hand side to show that the cue ball doesn't swerve. If you can make the same contact point using left hand side then obviously the cue ball doesn't swerve, so go ahead and play this shot and film it and post the video and prove to all of us that the cue ball doesn't swerve.

Where did I say any red swerved ?

Can't see the pocket let alone see a red drop into it, so where's your proof ?
            Sorry I meant CB not red. Use Kinovia on the vid and you'll see it's not a swerve shot
            You need spec savers mate if you can't see the red drop. Where do you think it went lol
            Last edited by travisbickle; 29 August 2017, 05:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
              As I said, you need to pay attention. I have said OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN I use side all the time but unless I need to for positional play or to go around an intervening ball I don't use it if there's no cushion involved and I don't teach any of my new students all about side until they can deliver the cue straight. Would you please stop with the insults. Also, you and Reggie and Mr. (anonymous) Mr. Big have repeatedly called into question my abilities.

So how about you lot post your accomplishments at billiards so we can all see how proficient you all are at either snooker or pool. I have already asked Mr. B.S. put he hasn't put anything up, just continues to insult me.

I have also said OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN, please believe whatever you want to believe what with all the proof you have but don't try and convert everyone on here with all your exotic throw shots because they don't have much practical use in snooker outside of the intervening ball and holding position. Try that 90* cut on a pink ball into the other top pocket on a 6x12 and see how it goes, it's a lot easier on a 4x8 pool table.

So shoot me, I thought it was 30* but I see it's 14.5*. I still think it's a big ask to pot a 3/4 black ball off it's spot and hold the spot with the cueball UNLESS you use side and drag as j6uk said he does all the time. In none of the videos shown did I ever see an object ball take off at an angle of 165*5 degrees from the cueball, which would mean some kind of effect that can throw an object ball 15* from the initial contact point. Only with a kick could that happen.
              Of course you use drag/side, how else do you think it's done!
              The pink alone is enough prove the shot can be done easily.
              Just pause it when CB/OB contact, let it play, then pause it just before the pink drops in.
              So from its original BOB contact the pink has thrown around 15 degrees, which is enough to pot a 3/4 black off its spot full ball.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Little Reggie View Post
                Scorn?! You make it sound like snatch and grab are ignorant. How very dare you! Don't give them scorn, give them popcorn!
                They remind me of the 9/11 conspiracy nut jobs - there is no proof that will satisfy them, ever. Their conviction they alone are right - and the scientific community and millions of players are wrong - is a little disturbing. Denial is amazingly powerful.

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                  Sorry I meant CB not red. Use Kinovia on the vid and you'll see it's not a swerve shot
                  You need spec savers mate if you can't see the red drop. Where do you think it went lol
                  OK, if you're not good enough to make the same contact with left hand side, strike the cue ball plain ball dead centre with no side and see if you can make the same contact.

Where do I think the red went ? Don't know, I'd rather see it go in and know for certain than have to take a guess.

Now get on the table and show us that left hand side shot that you know you can't make, and show us the plain ball shot that you know you can't make as well, you can even have the red out of the picture and tell us you made it and we'll all believe you

Or you can admit it can't be done and then give some thought as to why instead of throwing insults while trying to defend your pathetic attempt to show something that you constantly failed to do and eventually gave up and showed us something deliberately inconclusive.

I'm calling you out travis, either show us or admit you're wrong.
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Hilarious. 30-breaking fist-pumper who can't make simple position in line-up questions honesty of Travis, then demands new video with left hand side (even though Kyren Wilson never played it with left hand side!) from this quality player who can play side xfer (A BLOODY KICK) with soft hands. Seriously, snatch and grab should learn some basic shots before professing a load of theory that they don't understand from experience or even science. Ridiculous pair.
                    Let's talk about chalk action as that seems about your level What! no takers splasher?
                    And travis is a saint isn't he, posting a deliberately unconclusive fuzzy video and defending it with insults and denial; you're crawling up the wrong arses.
                    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                      They remind me of the 9/11 conspiracy nut jobs - there is no proof that will satisfy them, ever. Their conviction they alone are right - and the scientific community and millions of players are wrong - is a little disturbing. Denial is amazingly powerful.
                      A bit touched! Fist pump is on here demanding more videos and telling Travis what to do, seriously! Because unless you do it with left hand side, it's not conclusive! OMG, he's a whacker from Plymouth playing junk league. You know; 'I got the team a point, that 15 break was a bit special'. Tel will be back later after some meds, to chastise you, once he's recognised himself in the 'big' mirror. :biggrin-new:
                      Last edited by Little Reggie; 29 August 2017, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• this thread reminds me of this

Last edited by Byrom; 29 August 2017, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                          this thread reminds me of this
                          The problem is that they're still in denial about xfer side, even though Travis has done a video. Even though Mr Stark has done a video. Even though Nic Barrow boy has said it's real. They only have themselves to blame for comic ignorance. I didn't believe it a week ago. But look, I've opened my mind, understood the mechanics and looked at the evidence. I was wrong. It's not so hard to man up and admit such a small thing. But dullards can't; their minds can't take it! Remember what Socrates said!

Comment

OK, if you're not good enough to make the same contact with left hand side, strike the cue ball plain ball dead centre with no side and see if you can make the same contact.

Where do I think the red went ? Don't know, I'd rather see it go in and know for certain than have to take a guess.

Now get on the table and show us that left hand side shot that you know you can't make, and show us the plain ball shot that you know you can't make as well, you can even have the red out of the picture and tell us you made it and we'll all believe you

Or you can admit it can't be done and then give some thought as to why instead of throwing insults while trying to defend your pathetic attempt to show something that you constantly failed to do and eventually gave up and showed us something deliberately inconclusive.

I'm calling you out travis, either show us or admit you're wrong.
                            Like I keep telling you the CB doesn't swerve so of course I can play the shot plain ball and hit the same spot.
                            Again what's the point in doing that as it has no side on it to pot the red.
                            You do understand its side and not swerve that's potting the red right??
                            The pink is exactly the same shot. No swerve and look where it ended up!
                            Last edited by travisbickle; 29 August 2017, 09:31 AM.

Comment

The problem is that they're still in denial about xfer side, even though Travis has done a video. Even though Mr Stark has done a video. Even though Nic Barrow boy has said it's real. They only have themselves to blame for comic ignorance. I didn't believe it a week ago. But look, I've opened my mind, understood the mechanics and looked at the evidence. I was wrong. It's not so hard to man up and admit such a small thing. But dullards can't; their minds can't take it! Remember what Socrates said!
                              I loved playing for Brazil?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                                I loved playing for Brazil?
                                Yes, and pedantry justifies its own reason for being. Pedants!

Comment

Working...
                                X