Sidespin on a snooker table both with and against the nap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    If you can't see the humour in the post, Mr Taxi Driver then book an appointment with your physician and get your funny bones checked.
    I'm glad to here it

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      I still think for 99.99999% of snooker shots that BOB is the contact point. It might change if you get a kick or mini-kick as Dr. Dave states in his video...now that I can believe BUT I DON'T CARE.
      Not when I'm playing it's not, and not a kick insight lol

Comment

• You simply can't do it travis and you know it.
        Here's a video I found that kind of proves my point. A pool video using a low deflection shaft on a napless cloth and still there's that little swerve I've been banging on about all through this thread. Watch the first shot he hits and see how the cue ball deflects to the left and then, as the sidespin changes to the 30 degree axis and grips the cloth, it straightens and goes forward on the line it deflected to before coming back in a tad just before hitting the cushion.

Now the other two shots are played harder and the deflection is greater and the switch to the 30 degree axis is later so the line the cue ball takes is wider.

Now this happens every time a shot is played with side, and at a slow pace it happens very soon after the strike and it's this that gets you around the intervening ball.

This is what travis means by pushing to the left but then holds its line, a little tiny swerve to get around the pink and then the cue ball travels on that line until it starts to slow and the spin curves it a tad more before it comes to rest or contacts the OB on BOB to make the pot.
        You can't make BOB plain ball as the pink is in the way, you can't make BOB using opposite side as the reverse of what you need will happen and the cue ball will miss the OB altogther once the initial deflection has been compensated for.
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
          You simply can't do it travis and you know it.
          Here's a video I found that kind of proves my point. A pool video using a low deflection shaft on a napless cloth and still there's that little swerve I've been banging on about all through this thread. Watch the first shot he hits and see how the cue ball deflects to the left and then, as the sidespin changes to the 30 degree axis and grips the cloth, it straightens and goes forward on the line it deflected to before coming back in a tad just before hitting the cushion.

Now the other two shots are played harder and the deflection is greater and the switch to the 30 degree axis is later so the line the cue ball takes is wider.

Now this happens every time a shot is played with side, and at a slow pace it happens very soon after the strike and it's this that gets you around the intervening ball.

This is what travis means by pushing to the left but then holds its line, a little tiny swerve to get around the pink and then the cue ball travels on that line until it starts to slow and the spin curves it a tad more before it comes to rest or contacts the OB on BOB to make the pot.
          You can't make BOB plain ball as the pink is in the way, you can't make BOB using opposite side as the reverse of what you need will happen and the cue ball will miss the OB altogther once the initial deflection has been compensated for.
          lol you've just proved my point for me
          I've been saying all along the CB doesn't swerve onto the correct BOB.
          Look at his shot. When he hits the CB it's on the line. When it hit the cushion it's to the left of the line (exactly like my shot.
          https://youtu.be/pdlbCohmiCw
          Pause the vid a couple of inches after the strike.
          From this point there is no swerve.
          Look at the gap between CB/pink when they pass each other...you could fit a £1 coin in there easily, meaning I could still play the same shot with centre ball striking hitting the same spot on the red no problem whatsoever because I was nowhere near the correct BOB on contact.

https://youtu.be/hz_uP_JlpUs

This is what happens when you swerve the shot.
          CB hits correct BOB then OB doesn't even hit the left knuckle!

I can't believe you are not seeing this!

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
            Look at his shot. When he hits the CB it's on the line. When it hit the cushion it's to the left of the line (exactly like my shot.
            It doesn't get there in a straight line though does it travis, and be serious, the man hits the ball harder, this is only to show the swerve that happens when the cue ball changes to the 30 degree axis, struck softer it happens sooner and comes back onto line and can even go beyond it as it slows to a stop, I showed all this in my video with spinning striped balls and a line of tape on the table as well.

And this video is with a low deflection cue on a napless cloth, with a snooker cue with a brass ferrule on a napped cloth the deflection is greater and with cue ball spinning in the same direction as the nap the swerve more pronounced, again I showed this in my video playing the shots a different speeds and with and without compensating my aiming.

This is all that's happening in your shots, you could see it clearly if they were set up straight, and if you could hit the same spot centre ball striking then why are you afraid to show it.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

You simply can't do it travis and you know it.

What on earth are you linking a video of a revo shaft for? Truly bizarre. There's no easy way to say this but your are massively out of your depth here. You are thrashing around, hopelessly trying to prove yourself right.

The time to challenge this was 1835, when Coriolis first figured it out. You'll never address the physics of it, will you? Can't think why!

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                https://youtu.be/pdlbCohmiCw
                Pause the vid a couple of inches after the strike.
                From this point there is no swerve.
                Look at the gap between CB/pink when they pass each other...you could fit a £1 coin in there easily, meaning I could still play the same shot with centre ball striking hitting the same spot on the red no problem whatsoever because I was nowhere near the correct BOB on contact.

https://youtu.be/hz_uP_JlpUs

This is what happens when you swerve the shot.
                CB hits correct BOB then OB doesn't even hit the left knuckle!

I can't believe you are not seeing this!
                I wouldn't worry what vmax sees if i were you. He once said to me American pool cues could deflect up to half an inch lol. Yeah, that's why people pay 400 dollars for a revo, to eliminate a whole half inch of deflection!

Comment

If you can't see the humour in the post, Mr Taxi Driver then book an appointment with your physician and get your funny bones checked.

Well, it was hardly belly laughs, was it?

What do you add to this forum? 3 posts a years, after someone kissing your butt, usually. And let's not forget it wasn't so long ago i was getting called all sorts for telling someone about spin induced throw from...er, you.

And, while I'm at it, i find all this 'it doesn't matter what happens when balls collide, just practise' line a bit hard to take. Snooker is practically dead in the UK and you lot are doing nothing but throwing soil on the coffin. Perhaps if people realised how cool it is to play the full range of shots, they might experiment a little more and spark some interest in the game. One thing is for certain, kids aren't rushing into billiard halls to practise like terry davidson did.

Comment

• Have you had another bad day, mucker - hahaha.

Little Reggie be back soon, erwight......
                    JP Majestic
                    3/4
                    57"
                    17oz
                    9.5mm Elk

Comment

• What have I missed - why is Byrom banned?

Comment

• Byrom is not banned. He needs some space at the moment to sort out some personal issues..
                        JP Majestic
                        3/4
                        57"
                        17oz
                        9.5mm Elk

Comment

It doesn't get there in a straight line though does it travis, and be serious, the man hits the ball harder, this is only to show the swerve that happens when the cue ball changes to the 30 degree axis, struck softer it happens sooner and comes back onto line and can even go beyond it as it slows to a stop, I showed all this in my video with spinning striped balls and a line of tape on the table as well.

And this video is with a low deflection cue on a napless cloth, with a snooker cue with a brass ferrule on a napped cloth the deflection is greater and with cue ball spinning in the same direction as the nap the swerve more pronounced, again I showed this in my video playing the shots a different speeds and with and without compensating my aiming.

This is all that's happening in your shots, you could see it clearly if they were set up straight, and if you could hit the same spot centre ball striking then why are you afraid to show it.
                          Not sure you see anything clearly vmax :biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                            Well, it was hardly belly laughs, was it?

What do you add to this forum? 3 posts a years, after someone kissing your butt, usually. And let's not forget it wasn't so long ago i was getting called all sorts for telling someone about spin induced throw from...er, you.

And, while I'm at it, i find all this 'it doesn't matter what happens when balls collide, just practise' line a bit hard to take. Snooker is practically dead in the UK and you lot are doing nothing but throwing soil on the coffin. Perhaps if people realised how cool it is to play the full range of shots, they might experiment a little more and spark some interest in the game. One thing is for certain, kids aren't rushing into billiard halls to practise like terry davidson did.
                            100% agree Big Shot.

Watching snooker players who just play down the middle of the CB is just a borefest!

Comment

• Sidespin on a snooker table both with and against the nap

Ah well... At the end of the day this is just the Internet...

I'm confident that I contribute more sense in those 3 posts a year than you do in your 300 a week...

you can be whoever you want on here and you're in the role of self appointed role resident expert.

I'm the arrogant upstart with zero ****s given

In real life, in cuesport terms, I'd wipe the floor with you on my worst day. It's not your fault though, I'm just a much better player than you coz I practiced lots and lots.

But hey... at least you know about bobspin throw with induced cutting right hand english and whatever other jargon you spout as your credentials as an expert.

I don't need to hide behind my screen. As we dom't know who you are, you have ZERO credibility
                              Last edited by pottr; 7 September 2017, 07:36 PM.

Comment

But hey... at least you know about bobspin throw with induced cutting right hand english and whatever other jargon you spout as your credentials as an expert.
                                Lmao!!...

He might be a good player on those ""wee"" little tables though, hahaha...
                                JP Majestic
                                3/4
                                57"
                                17oz
                                9.5mm Elk

Comment

Working...
                                X