• Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Ramon;938954]
    Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    They don't know who I am, HMBS.

You brought them up, not me.

Bet you would lose. I am proud of my one maxi

Ramon... peace and good will to you. I like ya.[/QUOTE]

do you realy think I do'nt know what kind of player you are??
    Do you realy think i do'nt realize how important your contributions to this forum is ? what's a matter with ya ?
    Well, I do.
    I enjoy your posts/your knowledge regarding snooker/
    And gusse what? I have no problem with anyone who is expressing his opinion.
    Your behaviour and the way you're talking about snooker,( as one of the best players in TSF ), has influence on the behaviour of a poor player like me and many other players around the world who are reading this forum.
    As a decent player you should know that.
    Just bcuz i do'nt like you, does'nt give me the right to insult you.
    And this is my opinion.
    Now, I'm not your father / friend / neither i'm in a position force you to do something .
    Just as your fellow member, ( and belive it or not , as well as one your fans here) asked you to give it a thought. That's all !!

And you diss me again , I'll kick your arse!!
    That really is a ""Pink Handbag"" post
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Sidespin on a snooker table both with and against the nap

I'm Ramon's bitch Throtty boy x

Comment

• Right this is now totally epic, I've got a hugely important bet (£1) riding that says this thread will make a century of pages. Only 350 to go and I can literally buy 100 gummy bears! Obviously I will be contributing quality posts such as this to support my goal. Cmon lads we can do this!

Ramon need you in the game friend so I forbid you from getting banned! Remember TSF gaol is where they store all the wonky cues! Not a good space.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
          I'm Ramon's bitch Throtty boy x
          No my friend. You're a valuable memeber here as far as I'm concerned
          And I enjoy reading your posts !!

I was referring to your anger btw, do'nt take that literally.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            Right this is now totally epic, I've got a hugely important bet (£1) riding that says this thread will make a century of pages. Only 350 to go and I can literally buy 100 gummy bears! Obviously I will be contributing quality posts such as this to support my goal. Cmon lads we can do this!

Ramon need you in the game friend so I forbid you from getting banned! Remember TSF gaol is where they store all the wonky cues! Not a good space.
            That's the easy part !!
            Already used to tsf jail . You should try . It's a wonderful place .
            Dean comes along every day to bring food. Much better facilities compared to few years back.

Comment

• Pity this forum is not what it once was.

Seems these days it's endless pages of utter nonsense then along with forum members going at each other, you can sort of see why many members left.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Triedandtested View Post
                Pity this forum is not what it once was.

Seems these days it's endless pages of utter nonsense then along with forum members going at each other, you can sort of see why many members left.
                T
                What are you looking for T&T? Can't all be 100% technical tips and advice, I must admit seeing the dwindling numbers on here is sad but maybe a question of sport type dynamic on here may bring people back? Needs a bit of fun. Any thoughts on that?
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I've stated many times that I believe that shot exists.

But, like Terry says, if you're using side for shots when you're not using a cushion... other than in that rare instance, you're a ****ing moron... Anyone who thinks the pros use side when they're not using a cushion... They're not and if you think that, you're also a ****ing moron.

Yes, exactly... that's the situation that exists... But it is very rare over the course of many frames that shot comes up... People on this thread are acting like it's a fundamental part of break building and it just isn't.
                  It's not rare at all.
                  Over the course of a big break the subtle version of the shot might pop up 2/3 times.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                    Don't remember saying that, and what the hell do you mean anyway, they do deflect or they don't because if they don't then you either didn't watch the video, or did and saw something happening that you don't believe in.

No one has yet put up a video of the three shots that will prove me wrong so I'll state them again.

Set up a dead straight shot into a corner pocket at the top of the table, cueing from the yellow side, cue ball and OB three feet apart, dead in line with an intervening ball about 3mm in the way half way between them, the Wilson shot as it's become known.
                    Shot one
                    Pot the OB using right hand side (spinning with the nap) to miss the intervening ball.
                    Shot two
                    Set up exactly the same shot but hit the same contact point on the OB striking centre cue ball as you did using right hand side to make the pot.
                    Shot three
                    Set up exactly the same shot but hit the same contact point using left hand side as you did using right hand side to make the pot.

All three shots to be played at the same pace.

Travis reckons he can do all three but won't put up a video.
                    Travis also states that he can miss the intervening ball by the thicknes of a pound coin striking centre cue ball and make the same contact on the OB as he can using right hand side, but then again he does make two or three centuries a week so is a far better player than me.

I've tried it and can pot the OB with right hand side, can't hit the same contact point centre cue ball, and just nick it or miss it altogether with left hand side despite compensating my aiming for the opposite deflection of the cue ball to miss the intervening ball by a hair, let alone the thickness of a pound coin. Bloody tough shot to judge that one as its something that you never do.

What I'd really like to see is biggie having a go with his newly overhauled cue :devilish:

Brand new hand made cue for anyone who can, and I won't duck out, I've already made it and put it aside.
                    Travis has never said he can play the shot with left hand side..stop talkin s****!
                    I read a bit of the other thread that Big Shot put up. You haven't learned much in 3 years have you

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                      Travis has never said he can play the shot with left hand side..stop talkin s****!
                      I read a bit of the other thread that Big Shot put up. You haven't learned much in 3 years have you
                      He was, is and always will be completely clueless.

There's always one!

Comment

It's not rare at all.
                        Over the course of a big break the subtle version of the shot might pop up 2/3 times.
                        Yeah, people are getting hung up on the wilson shot here. All we're really describing is helping side. The wilson shot was useful because of the camera angle.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                          Yeah, people are getting hung up on the wilson shot here. All we're really describing is helping side. The wilson shot was useful because of the camera angle.
                          It appears to me and based on my experience that Travis and others are using side when they don't have to so it comes down to a matter of choice. vmax uses helping side too but there are shots where position can be gained with or without any side and the safe road to take is to not use side if you don't need it.

Saw an example last night watching ROS vs Robertson on youtube. Neil had a shot identical to the one Jack Karnham used to demonstrate side but Neil used straight centre-ball stun to gain position but Travis and others on here would have chosen to use helping side. Teaching students to use side before they are ready is a dangerous practice but perhaps makes more sense on a pool table.
                          Terry Davidson
                          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I've stated many times that I believe that shot exists.

But, like Terry says, if you're using side for shots when you're not using a cushion... other than in that rare instance, you're a ****ing moron... Anyone who thinks the pros use side when they're not using a cushion... They're not and if you think that, you're also a ****ing moron.

Yes, exactly... that's the situation that exists... But it is very rare over the course of many frames that shot comes up... People on this thread are acting like it's a fundamental part of break building and it just isn't.

Firstly , Pottr ............enough with the language please . Not needed to state your case .

Secondly , i disagree with your statement . Pro's do use side , albeit a very very small amount . A Pro showed me the shots , and it aided my game .
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Not THE SHOT no, but you insinuated you could make the same contact point but 'what would be the point as it's the wrong side to pot the ball' even though I wasn't asking you to pot the ball but simply to make the same contact point on the OB.

Now I've tried and failed as I'm a sometime 30 breaker with a jabby cue action, but you as a regular weekly century breaker, proven to us by showing us six inches of cue , should be able to do it; and seeing as you can make it swerve using side and also make it hold its line using side then all you need to do is compensate your aiming to allow for the initial deflection into the pink, gently strike with left hand side and tell the cue ball not to swerve but to hold its line and it will surely do what it's told and go straight to the same contact point on the red.

BTW, talking about yourself in the third person speaks volumes.
                              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                                Not THE SHOT no, but you insinuated you could make the same contact point but 'what would be the point as it's the wrong side to pot the ball' even though I wasn't asking you to pot the ball but simply to make the same contact point on the OB.

Now I've tried and failed as I'm a sometime 30 breaker with a jabby cue action, but you as a regular weekly century breaker, proven to us by showing us six inches of cue , should be able to do it; and seeing as you can make it swerve using side and also make it hold its line using side then all you need to do is compensate your aiming to allow for the initial deflection into the pink, gently strike with left hand side and tell the cue ball not to swerve but to hold its line and it will surely do what it's told and go straight to the same contact point on the red.

BTW, talking about yourself in the third person speaks volumes.
                                Like I said, there is no point doing another video. I never said I could play the shot with left hand side as it's not a natural shot and pointless.

All I ever said was the CB pushed out a bit then swerves slightly back for the first few inches then holds the line until it contacts the red nowhere near correct BOB, which is clearly seen in the video.

I think you still think I'm swerving around the pink to hit correct BOB lol

Guess that's why I knock in tons and you're still stuck in the 30s

Comment

Working...
                                X