Sidespin on a snooker table both with and against the nap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
    The video still doesn't even show a cue so how can you tell how it's lined up? It's purely showing where you strike the white for this shot!
    Would be nice if you watch the vid one more time and pay attention to what they say as well as the picture I uploaded ?

Comment

• the way i see it , Terry and Vmax are saying by using side the CB makes some kind of swerve and approach the OB from a diff angle in order to alter the OB's path .
      Are you saying they did'nt say that ?
      That DOES happen... if you don't know that, then you're really not at the level where you can contribute to this debate.

The pool players call it 'deflection' I believe?

Comment

• very mercurial character you are tel, still would of liked to have seen you stroking in full flow back in the day..
        Is that a euphemism?

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
          Ramon, you've sewn yourself up here... I'm trying to keep polite and constructive... If you were next to me on a table, I could explain this in seconds and you would be like: "oooooohhhh, that's what you mean" I promise you.

What you're describing, no offense... but it's really an intermediate part of positional play. Playing with side causes the white to deflect... Great stuff, we get it, you get it and I got it when I was around the 50 break level.

It's basic.

Not what we are talking about. That shot is exclusively irrelevant to this topic.
          That too !!

Using side causes the OB to alter it's path . And that's what you do'nt see .
          May i have the answer to the question i asked please ?

can you pot the brown with Center ball striking here , from this position ? yes or No ?

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Is that a euphemism?
            i heard it somewhere, probably a military term

Comment

That DOES happen... if you don't know that, then you're really not at the level where you can contribute to this debate.

The pool players call it 'deflection' I believe?
              in a distance of 6/7 inches ??? that's about 12cm
              You do understand to get that kind of deflection in such a short distance you gonna have to play a swerve shot, right?

My friend, are you okey?

Comment

• It's not a swerve shot, but the effect on the white is the same, only less accentuated.

The main players on this debate are:
                travis
                HMBS
                Terry
                Vmax

If one of those four come forward and say that you are commenting on what they are, I will bow down to you and call you master x

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                  and the best was jimmys or trumps?

Comment

• This is how you gonna have to cue in orde to get so much deflection in a distance of 6" .

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                      I would say Jimmys .
                      He is the master of using side .

Comment

• Ramon, on that picture, you can't see the cue!

playing that white there on that brown with the cue coming straight at that angle, misses WIDE to the left of the pocket... Very wide... you're talking 8/10 inches.

To get close with that once from that angle you need to play with EXTREME right hand side... Even then it's close

Comment

• That Jimmy masse shot officially tells me you haven't got the foggiest... I really hoped you were trolling me

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                            I think Jimmy's. I still remember Jimmy breaking the pack from the black and top cushion with top stuff, those shots always impressed me. I try to do them on my table but it's too slow to get the same effect and the pack acts like a big lump
                            Terry Davidson
                            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

It's not a swerve shot, but the effect on the white is the same, only less accentuated.

The main players on this debate are:
                              travis
                              HMBS
                              Terry
                              Vmax

If one of those four come forward and say that you are commenting on what they are, I will bow down to you and call you master x
                              So you get the same effect on CB when you cue as jimmy does here as when you keep the cue parallel to the table. ( in a distance of 6" ) ??

well, than I owe you a apologies !!
                              Thnaks .

Comment

RAMON, OMG

Terry and Vmax are the ones on the thread saying that does NOT happen... You're bashing the ones you are in agreement with!
                                Ramon...what he ^^ said
                                Terry Davidson
                                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
                                X