Sidespin on a snooker table both with and against the nap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Byrom
    that is maybe because a smaller white would not just hit the belt of the white at the same spot as equal size balls. Perhaps a little more of the smaller white hits the larger OB lower down adding a bit more friction?
    Very possibly. I'll have a search if i can be bothered - i think i remember the good doctor covering CB weights and sizes before.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
      I was puzzled by your earlier comment about pool balls- let me assure you they throw all over the place - you cannot play pool to a decent standard without knowing this. I agree it's pretty pointless using them on a snooker table, however.

Incidentally, much to my surprise, you can get large amounts of throw on English pool tables, which i didn't think possible due to the smaller CB.
      in your game what do you believe is throwing all over the place the cb,or ob ?

Comment

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
        I would love to see you do the shot on the baulk colours into the middle with screw/side, but I won't hold my breath
        This is a wee bit insulting - Terry has represented his country and made century breaks - and anyone who can do that knows how to use side travis and I am sure he can play it - the shot you mean is a hard one takes a lot of timing and is a 5 -6 out of 10 shot perhaps less due to the pace you gotta play it at....looks good when it comes off - Robertson/Drago/white/Lee are particularly good at this shot.

Comment

which shot do we want to see?

Comment

that one where you slam a baulk colour in the middle hit down at 7 o clock on the white screwing with side off the top cushion and side rail back down to the middle of table in between blue and pink area

Comment

ok... let me see if I can position my phone and do it.

think ipad is dead

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                How did we start discussing plants? Totally different cause.
                Because you think that the only way to pot a ball is if you hit the BOB. We all know that plants can be made if they aren't lined up with the pocket and not touching the BOB

Comment

think I did it? vid uploading... not sure.

window has been open all day, cloth feels heavy

Comment

Watch this bet he screws the hell out of it

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                      Watch this bet he screws the hell out of it
                      He's been at it secretly for the last hour
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

https://youtu.be/vCeR2QpmPqY

Not really.
                        just off 12 hours in the office... my muppet son has left the window open all day... room is freezing and cue is sticky.

tomorrow I'll do better

sorry about the angle

Comment

haha, judge for yourself... no edits

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                            haha, judge for yourself... no edits
                            Pretty bloody good that Pottr, looked down around the pink spot on the second one, is that right?, cue ball doesn't half waz off the second Cush with the side on it.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

nice...lovely table/snooker room you have ... now just tell me you are married to a model and drive a Aston Martin and I will never speak to you again

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                                For the love of god can people stop talking about side transfer? We are not, nor have we ever been, talking about side blooody transfer. Give me strength...it's like talking to 2 year olds!

But, as you mention it, side transfer does exist but not in a way that will affect the path of the object ball. It's value is primarily in terms of adding check or running side to the object ball when it hits a cushion; so, useful for doubles and safeties.

Video evidence of side transfer provided below - can you actually watch it this time? It's rather frustrating going to the time and trouble of finding videos you clearly don't bother to watch.

https://youtu.be/tRKBjl2PuSw

And lol at your 10 pack in competition. I've seen you play and not a chance.
                                I was asking you about the 10 racks since you say you're a good pool player. I've run centuries at snooker and it's been in Snooker Scene.
                                Terry Davidson
                                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
                                X