X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    Sorry... nodded off.

Converting to youtube. links to follow
    I hope you know I'm holding my breath, but at least I fed the dog and had some supper. My wife is over there right now so maybe I should put her on the hunt for BS and Reggie although she could care less about snooker I'm afraid.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      A person's name is a public thing, driver's license, voting rolls, club memberships and a host of public things. I'm not breaking privacy rules since a name is normally a public thing.

As for BS' thoughts on Hendry, when they say 'kick' they mean when the 2 balls visibly stick together and the cueball or object ball pops up a bit. The comment from Hendry was on Wilson's shot and he meant a regular kick because if he meant the effects of side he would have said something like 'he threw that red ball in'. Normally when they say 'kick' the player either misses the pot or else misses his position as the cueball loses energy and also takes a different path. Hendry's intent was obvious.
      Can'nt tell bcuz i'm not in Hendry's head .

BUT , assuming for a sec that you are right. and he did mean a bad contact.

Than, NO. without a doubt, I'm not agree with him.

Comment

• Ramon:

I would just like you to pick on someone else for awhile especially those who started the insults. BS is the genius of CIT & SIT so why don't you tell him something like a genius shouldn't act that way he does as he is above the rest of humanity and should treat everyone with respect, which is his duty. Same goes for Reggie too.

Now as for pottr, I'll let you use your own judgement on him.
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Ramon:

I would just like you to pick on someone else for awhile especially those who started the insults. BS is the genius of CIT & SIT so why don't you tell him something like a genius shouldn't act that way he does as he is above the rest of humanity and should treat everyone with respect, which is his duty. Same goes for Reggie too.

He was'nt the only one who did that.

old news, you both are adults, i would say deal with it.

have no time for this part .
          on my way to work,

Good night.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
            a bit of helping side just to turn it in and hold the white, so as not to go in and out of balk.

https://youtu.be/yWMawCHxSFM?t=7m
            Do you mean the red into the middle? If so, you will NEVER see a pro play that with check side.

Thin cuts at slow pace into middle pockets are the real value of SIT on a snooker table - and where it is most noticeable. Allows you to play it thicker, so holding the white.

Comment

A person's name is a public thing, driver's license, voting rolls, club memberships and a host of public things. I'm not breaking privacy rules since a name is normally a public thing.

As for BS' thoughts on Hendry, when they say 'kick' they mean when the 2 balls visibly stick together and the cueball or object ball pops up a bit. The comment from Hendry was on Wilson's shot and he meant a regular kick because if he meant the effects of side he would have said something like 'he threw that red ball in'. Normally when they say 'kick' the player either misses the pot or else misses his position as the cueball loses energy and also takes a different path. Hendry's intent was obvious.
              Hendry called a kick because he doesn't understand SIT. The world of professional sportsmen is littered with people who excel at something but cannot explain how they do it.

Comment

I hope you know I'm holding my breath, but at least I fed the dog and had some supper. My wife is over there right now so maybe I should put her on the hunt for BS and Reggie although she could care less about snooker I'm afraid.
                I refused to believe apples fell from trees in autumn until i learned Isaac Newton's name.

Comment

Ramon:

Sigh. I realise this must be confusing for you, and having to learn something new at your age isn't easy, but knowing what happens when balls collide does not make me an expert.

Have you got on the ice yet? Sweep as fast as you can - you're bound to go quicker!

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                    a bit of helping side just to turn it in and hold the white, so as not to go in and out of balk.

https://youtu.be/yWMawCHxSFM?t=7m
                    i here what you are saying , but didn't he use the side just to change that path of the cueball. to me it looks like he could have still potted that red plain ball and held it for the baulk colours

Comment

• Perhaps Terry will explain why he put side on it.

Comment

• Sidespin on a snooker table both with and against the nap

This video is really starting to **** me off...

Fell asleep last night so the ipad aborted the upload when I didn't touch it...

And now for whatever reason tbe Internet in my work office is shagged...

Wish I'd filmed it on my phone now

Comment

This video is really starting to **** me off...

Fell asleep last night so the ipad aborted the upload when I didn't touch it...

And now for whatever reason tbe Internet in my work office is shagged...

Wish I'd filmed it on my phone now
                          switch on photo stream on both devices and you can open it on your iphone as it will be available on both they will be linked

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                            i here what you are saying , but didn't he use the side just to change that path of the cueball. to me it looks like he could have still potted that red plain ball and held it for the baulk colours
                            yes that can be another beneficial effect with the same conclusion. played with side guarantees pot and good position. so cus of the angle holding the white was priority imo

Comment

• Sidespin on a snooker table both with and against the nap

I have the S8

Comment

I have the S8
                                ah , yes you can't sinc an ipad with a Samsung. not compatible, it would have been better if you had a Samsung tablet to keep compatibility

Comment

Working...
                                X