• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      Not from that angle. Move the CB towards top cushion and see.
      You're saying he can't pot it from that angle and yet he does. Interesting

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
        if you take it literally it could wind you up, thing is they simply don't know whats going on cus respectfully they dont know what their talking about, theres always a couple in the club right?.. but its not about them and theyre pride, its for the genuine people who really want to understand the shot so as to add something to their game.
        thinking now of turn it in pt3

DSC00240.JPGDSC00241.JPGDSC00242.JPGDSC00244.JPG

So you all think I'm a fool. Thank you very much for your insult.

It took me a long time to figure out how to load photos and what I wanted to do. What you see here is the red/black set-up as Jason had it. Then I added the cueball as a plant to the far jaw and then I added 2 $5 bills to show you the CB is frozen on the black but not touching the red.

It shows that the CB CAN reach BOB but to give you guys an excuse maybe my red ball wasn't as far over the black as Jason's was (which is exactly what I think you'll say), or maybe I cheated and changed the set-up of the balls but I have the red ball exactly where Jason's was (as far as I can tell) and I didn't cheat on anything (I know I have some pride but I'm NOT a liar. (The extra balls behind the white is to keep it frozen on the black.)

So pick the bones out of these photos. I have seen Len Ganneley call a simultaneous hit on Chaperone and the slow motion replay showed it was a good hit. We're talking a difference of 1 or 2 millimeters here. It also depends where you place the camera lens to tell how much of the black is covered. I know this is unpopular with the die-hards but try this exercise yourself and make sure you're looking from directly behind the black and lined up to the edge of the far jaw.

The original photos showed the pocket too but I couldn't crop them to under 200Kb to post, but I can email them to whoever wants to see the full shot. I guarantee the CB/Black were lined up to the far jaw and I even placed a red there to make it easier to see.
        Last edited by Terry Davidson; 16 September 2017, 06:57 PM.
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
          You're saying he can't pot it from that angle and yet he does. Interesting
          Without side. Pay attention
          Terry Davidson

Comment

• Look at that photo from Ramon. That is only 1/8th covering the black. Measure it off with your eyes.
            Terry Davidson

Comment

Look at that photo from Ramon. That is only 1/8th covering the black. Measure it off with your eyes.
              Terry ,

Going by the position of CB and the Red , that's more than enough to cover the potting position ( center ball striking ).

Take a look at how and where you have spoted the red and comper it with how it was in J6's vid , please .
              You placed the red almost stright behind the black .

And NO , as far as i can see no one called you a Liar !!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Without side. Pay attention
                Still the CB throwing the black in. When you play this shot you can see this happening.
                CB doesn't need to be anywhere near the red to pot it

Comment

• BTW you insult loads of people when you think you're right and get on your high horse.

Just a few days ago questioning my abilities because you thought you had this side thing all figured out saying I was talking absolute BOLLOCKS just because one player agreed with you lol

Comment

• okay lets say tel and vmax are right in that the black was potable from a lower angle closer to the cush at say 1/4 ball, though this is not the point or is it relevant to the straight black position. but lets say it did go and bob was down at 1/4 ball, by there book that means what really happened in the vid when i played that straight black with side, my white spun off down towards the cushion and then curved back up in a curly way and found that 1/4 ball line to bob. and simply knocked it in.
                    and i did that 3/3 but i missed 1 on the far jaw, need more practice.

Comment

• But were not arguing if its 1/8 or 1/4, the fact is that the potting angle is covered and wont go plain ball. Even with a swerving effect the cue ball would still need to avoid the red ball in order to hit the potting angle which is impossible. This proves that it isnt the cueball swerving thats causing the ball to pot, its the spin that is transferring onto the object ball. Seems pretty logically straight forward.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                        okay lets say tel and vmax are right in that the black was potable from a lower angle closer to the cush at say 1/4 ball, though this is not the point or is it relevant to the straight black position. but lets say it did go and bob was down at 1/4 ball, by there book that means what really happened in the vid when i played that straight black with side, my white spun off down towards the cushion and then curved back up in a curly way and found that 1/4 ball line to bob. and simply knocked it in.
                        and i did that 3/3 but i missed 1 on the far jaw, need more practice.
                        I guess even if I was right you guys wouldn't believe me. With the shot as Jason set it up I would use RH side myself just to get the black more towards centre-pocket. I'm not saying the black is pottable plain ball from that angle but I AM saying it would be pottable with the CB in a different spot. I don't disagree with the use of side all I disagree with is that the black left the spot at an angle other than 180* from the cueball.

I don't care if you all think SIT actually potted the ball or not, to me it was the cueball coming to the black at a sharper angle, not much, but enough and looking at the video again even though Jason has a great cue action there wasn't much spin left on the CB by the time it hit the black.

Jason's black/red plant is lined up to somewhere near the green pocket and my own was lined up on the same spot despite what Ramon says.
                        Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                          But were not arguing if its 1/8 or 1/4, the fact is that the potting angle is covered and wont go plain ball. Even with a swerving effect the cue ball would still need to avoid the red ball in order to hit the potting angle which is impossible. This proves that it isnt the cueball swerving thats causing the ball to pot, its the spin that is transferring onto the object ball. Seems pretty logically straight forward.
                          Set up the shot yourself with the red/black combo pointing towards the edge of the green pocket and put cueball in plant position on the black to the far jaw on the top pocket and you'll see the CB can be frozen on the black and be about 1mm from the red so it will hit the black first. I will be in the Corner Bank on Oct 7th and I will show you exactly what happens and I can make that shot without side although I would use side anyway to hit the full pocket opening.
                          Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                            Terry ,

Going by the position of CB and the Red , that's more than enough to cover the potting position ( center ball striking ).

Take a look at how and where you have spoted the red and comper it with how it was in J6's vid , please .
                            You placed the red almost stright behind the black .

And NO , as far as i can see no one called you a Liar !!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                            Your second screen shot is taken from the right of the black and not directly behind it. The black/red plant is pointed to the inside edge of the green pocket and mine was the same.
                            Terry Davidson

Comment

You said we should not consider spin transfer and now you say it does happen. What I'm saying is it's so little that is doesn't count for anything. You also said with the shot off the pink spot with side you would get 1" per foot of throw on the OB or 9" to the bottom cushion and I couldn't get that at all and against the nap like that I got about 3" with the CB only and it was for comparison purposes. Without swerve or jacking up the cue, just a normal drag shot with spin. Your 9" is way too much but get on a snooker table and try it and see what you get. It will be more against the nap I think.

I got almost zero deviation when using the pink with a CB and to the left might have been a roll on my table because that's how little it was.
                              How many times must these clips be linked?

https://youtu.be/tRKBjl2PuSw

But we are talking about SIT. Stick to that and stop talking about spin transfer. You're confusing yourself.

Comment

I guess even if I was right you guys wouldn't believe me. With the shot as Jason set it up I would use RH side myself just to get the black more towards centre-pocket. I'm not saying the black is pottable plain ball from that angle but I AM saying it would be pottable with the CB in a different spot. I don't disagree with the use of side all I disagree with is that the black left the spot at an angle other than 180* from the cueball.

I don't care if you all think SIT actually potted the ball or not, to me it was the cueball coming to the black at a sharper angle, not much, but enough and looking at the video again even though Jason has a great cue action there wasn't much spin left on the CB by the time it hit the black.

Jason's black/red plant is lined up to somewhere near the green pocket and my own was lined up on the same spot despite what Ramon says.
                                then tel could you hear from the video of the first three shots straight on the black how crisp i hit the 3rd black? when i made two in a row. i timed that shot really well with right gear just below center of the white, just missing the red and contacting the black at 3/4 ball and it went bang into the center of the pocket.

Comment

Working...
                                X