X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    Terry, I don't know for the life of me why you bite?

Ignore the nameless and the faceless... If you can't face your accuser then in your mind you dismiss any accusations as irrelevant.

People take this Internet stuff way too seriously.

I had heard your name mentioned before I ever visited this forum... I still don't know who a lot of them are on here

I think most of the recognised players and level headed individuals on this realise that you know your stuff and respect you accordingly

Jack x
    Thank you. It's the insults to my character and experience that gets me going but you're right, I may not have been the best but I'm proud of my achievements in snooker and I'll live with that.

Leave a comment:

• pottr
    replied
    Terry, I don't know for the life of me why you bite?

Ignore the nameless and the faceless... If you can't face your accuser then in your mind you dismiss any accusations as irrelevant.

People take this Internet stuff way too seriously.

I had heard your name mentioned before I ever visited this forum... I still don't know who a lot of them are on here

I think most of the recognised players and level headed individuals on this realise that you know your stuff and respect you accordingly

Jack x

Leave a comment:

• throtts
    replied
    Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    I note you've never put up any of your accomplishments at either snooker or pool but like sniping from the bushes at those who do. Put up your real name and what you've done in any form of billiards.
    I would have thought nothing, Tel, hence his frustrations. He should stick to his paper findings and flog his cues ..

Leave a comment:

• travisbickle
    replied
    No...I'd call them 'Mr. Big Shot'. I've never failed to get a student to be able to screw back. Just because I disagree with your conclusions based on Dr. Dave and your experience doesn't mean I'm an idiot, just an experienced person myself who can accomplish the shots but cannot figure out how to control CIT & SIT so the concept has no value to me. I can probably do anything you can do on a snooker table without understanding the physics behind spin throw. I can understand impact throw on an angled shot and know the physics there. When I tried that calculus equation that was put up it showed a very tiny amount of spin throw at full ball and none at a 90* cut. Maybe my estimates were wrong or my calculator isn't working although it's a TI one I used in my engineering courses.
    Ok so explain to me how the red threw so much after a full ball contact when your calculus says you can only get a tiny amount of spin throw?

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
    Wow, a 60 break player has really made it!

I note you've never put up any of your accomplishments at either snooker or pool but like sniping from the bushes at those who do. Put up your real name and what you've done in any form of billiards.

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
    No one can win pool titles without knowing about it.

Would you call one of your students, who've you've very patiently explained screw back to many, many times, a complete moron if they've failed to grasp the concept after about 50 demonstrations? When they continually tell you it's not possible? When they say it must be voodoo? When they say it's just a theory?

Sooner or later you're going to call them an idiot. Well...
    No...I'd call them 'Mr. Big Shot'. I've never failed to get a student to be able to screw back. Just because I disagree with your conclusions based on Dr. Dave and your experience doesn't mean I'm an idiot, just an experienced person myself who can accomplish the shots but cannot figure out how to control CIT & SIT so the concept has no value to me. I can probably do anything you can do on a snooker table without understanding the physics behind spin throw. I can understand impact throw on an angled shot and know the physics there. When I tried that calculus equation that was put up it showed a very tiny amount of spin throw at full ball and none at a 90* cut. Maybe my estimates were wrong or my calculator isn't working although it's a TI one I used in my engineering courses.

Leave a comment:

• Hello, Mr Big Shot
    replied
    Originally Posted by throtts View Post
    I played earlier and hit 60's , 70'S on a regular basis. Positional play was great to which I didn't have to play a swerve once. The only time I used side was when a cush was involved to keep the CB tight to the next OB or to create a angle on that next OB.

This discussion is finished as far as I am concerned..
    Wow, a 60 break player has really made it!

Leave a comment:

• Hello, Mr Big Shot
    replied
    I want everyone to look at this post by Mr. Big Shot, especially Byrom who said it was me doing the insulting. The words 'monumentally stupid' seem to me to be an insult. I'll say it once again, spin induced throw is useless except for the rare use to avoid intervening balls if indeed it is throw and not the cueball curving into the OB. I have not yet seen a video which provides conclusive proof SIT exists in a usable form.

In addition, it's not even worth considering as most playeers don't need to know exactly what's going on as long as they can perform the shots that get around intervening balls. Mr. Big Shot your proof does not satisfy everyone and it's not definitive and this whole exercise of 52 pages has been a total waste of time for all of us. But, keep the faith as I'm sure it will help you to win many pool titles over the coming years.

Sky pixies or not it ain't me doing the trolling but people with faith in SIT who are making this difficult.
    No one can win pool titles without knowing about it.

Would you call one of your students, who've you've very patiently explained screw back to many, many times, a complete moron if they've failed to grasp the concept after about 50 demonstrations? When they continually tell you it's not possible? When they say it must be voodoo? When they say it's just a theory?

Sooner or later you're going to call them an idiot. Well...

Leave a comment:

• Hello, Mr Big Shot
    replied
    Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    Still waiting for your answer travis, 'the cue ball pushed off to the left but holds its line', what line is it holding ?

I'm still waiting for an answer on why the CB ends up where it does on your shots - how can a curving CB end up to the right of the OB? By your logic (sic) of a swerve, it should go to the left.

Leave a comment:

• travisbickle
    replied
    Originally Posted by markz View Post
    Fantastic level to reach in just 8 years Travis, that's not really a long time in club snooker. You must've been locked in your club 24/7 lol. What's your highest break?
    126 which was 4 years ago now. Should've beat that many times since but always seem to bulls up the colors lol

Leave a comment:

• markz
    replied
    Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
    8 years ago I had just started playing snooker. I now knock in century's every week. So I have improved a lot I would say.
    Really!!! They were examples!
    Fantastic level to reach in just 8 years Travis, that's not really a long time in club snooker. You must've been locked in your club 24/7 lol. What's your highest break?
    Last edited by markz; 4 September 2017, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• travisbickle
    replied
    Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    Still waiting for your answer travis, 'the cue ball pushed off to the left but holds its line', what line is it holding ?
    Not the correct one that's for sure!

Leave a comment:

• vmax
    replied

Leave a comment:

• travisbickle
    replied
    With a great record like that you should be playing in tournaments and Q School Travis. The centuries you make every week...are they in tournaments, money matches or a friendly with your mates?
    No. Against mates.
    If I was making 10 centuries a day I might be tempted. However a century or two a week is absolutely nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
    8 years ago I had just started playing snooker. I now knock in century's every week. So I have improved a lot I would say.
    Really!!! They were examples!
    With a great record like that you should be playing in tournaments and Q School Travis. The centuries you make every week...are they in tournaments, money matches or a friendly with your mates?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X