Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• j6uk
    replied
    okay lets say tel and vmax are right in that the black was potable from a lower angle closer to the cush at say 1/4 ball, though this is not the point or is it relevant to the straight black position. but lets say it did go and bob was down at 1/4 ball, by there book that means what really happened in the vid when i played that straight black with side, my white spun off down towards the cushion and then curved back up in a curly way and found that 1/4 ball line to bob. and simply knocked it in.
    and i did that 3/3 but i missed 1 on the far jaw, need more practice.

Leave a comment:

• travisbickle
    replied
    BTW you insult loads of people when you think you're right and get on your high horse.

Just a few days ago questioning my abilities because you thought you had this side thing all figured out saying I was talking absolute BOLLOCKS just because one player agreed with you lol

Leave a comment:

• travisbickle
    replied
    Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    Without side. Pay attention
    Still the CB throwing the black in. When you play this shot you can see this happening.
    CB doesn't need to be anywhere near the red to pot it

Leave a comment:

• Ramon
    replied
    Look at that photo from Ramon. That is only 1/8th covering the black. Measure it off with your eyes.
    Terry ,

Going by the position of CB and the Red , that's more than enough to cover the potting position ( center ball striking ).

Take a look at how and where you have spoted the red and comper it with how it was in J6's vid , please .
    You placed the red almost stright behind the black .

And NO , as far as i can see no one called you a Liar !!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    Look at that photo from Ramon. That is only 1/8th covering the black. Measure it off with your eyes.

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
    You're saying he can't pot it from that angle and yet he does. Interesting
    Without side. Pay attention

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    if you take it literally it could wind you up, thing is they simply don't know whats going on cus respectfully they dont know what their talking about, theres always a couple in the club right?.. but its not about them and theyre pride, its for the genuine people who really want to understand the shot so as to add something to their game.
    thinking now of turn it in pt3

DSC00240.JPGDSC00241.JPGDSC00242.JPGDSC00244.JPG

So you all think I'm a fool. Thank you very much for your insult.

It took me a long time to figure out how to load photos and what I wanted to do. What you see here is the red/black set-up as Jason had it. Then I added the cueball as a plant to the far jaw and then I added 2 $5 bills to show you the CB is frozen on the black but not touching the red.

It shows that the CB CAN reach BOB but to give you guys an excuse maybe my red ball wasn't as far over the black as Jason's was (which is exactly what I think you'll say), or maybe I cheated and changed the set-up of the balls but I have the red ball exactly where Jason's was (as far as I can tell) and I didn't cheat on anything (I know I have some pride but I'm NOT a liar. (The extra balls behind the white is to keep it frozen on the black.)

So pick the bones out of these photos. I have seen Len Ganneley call a simultaneous hit on Chaperone and the slow motion replay showed it was a good hit. We're talking a difference of 1 or 2 millimeters here. It also depends where you place the camera lens to tell how much of the black is covered. I know this is unpopular with the die-hards but try this exercise yourself and make sure you're looking from directly behind the black and lined up to the edge of the far jaw.

The original photos showed the pocket too but I couldn't crop them to under 200Kb to post, but I can email them to whoever wants to see the full shot. I guarantee the CB/Black were lined up to the far jaw and I even placed a red there to make it easier to see.
    Last edited by Terry Davidson; 16 September 2017, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• travisbickle
    replied
    Not from that angle. Move the CB towards top cushion and see.
    You're saying he can't pot it from that angle and yet he does. Interesting

Leave a comment:

• Ramon
    replied
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    again not relevant to the shot.

in tel v max books this ball in this video pots plain ball.. please say way from their battered words!

Not from that angle. Move the CB towards top cushion and see.

Leave a comment:

• travisbickle
    replied
    Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
    The proof is in the pudding. Side most definitely imparts on to the object ball, altering its path.... If the cue ball was just swerving from deflection onto the potting angle, it would hit the red and the black would never go. The fact that Jason showed the potting angle is covered with the red is 100 percent proof that sidespin transfer is real in my books.
    Bar a couple of Black Knights it's true in everyone's book

Leave a comment:

• OmaMiesta
    replied

in tel v max books this ball in this video pots plain ball.. please say way from their battered words!

The proof is in the pudding. Side most definitely imparts on to the object ball, altering its path.... If the cue ball was just swerving from deflection onto the potting angle, it would hit the red and the black would never go. The fact that Jason showed the potting angle is covered with the red is 100 percent proof that sidespin transfer is real in my books.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
    Quality vid Jason. LMAO here. Totally sums this thread up
    if you take it literally it could wind you up, thing is they simply don't know whats going on cus respectfully they dont know what their talking about, theres always a couple in the club right?.. but its not about them and theyre pride, its for the genuine people who really want to understand the shot so as to add something to their game.
    thinking now of turn it in pt3
    Last edited by j6uk; 16 September 2017, 05:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    That's not the picture I'm looking at jason, as Terry says it's certainly not 1/4 ball and that thumbnail shows a straight shot that if the cue ball was moved half an inch to the left it would pot off the far jaw with centre cue ball striking.

ha ha amazing!!

The path the cue ball takes after contact tells me that it came into the black from slightly left of the original line of aim that was obscured by the red and made enough contact to pot the black off the far jaw. If it had contacted full ball and the black had gone into the centre of the pocket then it would have travelled along the same line as the black but that amount of swerve wasn't possible.

Try the shot again but this time with the red actually touching the black so that there's no way that BOB or near enough to BOB can be made by swerving around it.
    I guess you believe the CB never curves back to the right when you use RH side then? Does it carry on straight after the CB gets thrown to the left and carries on with that line? It would over-cut the black I think.

in tel v max books this ball in this video pots plain ball.. please stay away from their battered words!

Last edited by j6uk; 16 September 2017, 07:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ramon
    replied
    Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    That's not the picture I'm looking at jason, as Terry says it's certainly not 1/4 ball and that thumbnail shows a straight shot that if the cue ball was moved half an inch to the left it would pot off the far jaw with centre cue ball striking.

The path the cue ball takes after contact tells me that it came into the black from slightly left of the original line of aim that was obscured by the red and made enough contact to pot the black off the far jaw. If it had contacted full ball and the black had gone into the centre of the pocket then it would have travelled along the same line as the black but that amount of swerve wasn't possible.

Try the shot again but this time with the red actually touching the black so that there's no way that BOB or near enough to BOB can be made by swerving around it.
    Try to download and play slowmotion vmax .
    BOB was coverd in that shot .
    If you like i may be able to make some screen shots .
    In vid J6 uploaded , the potting position was coverd , lol .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X