X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, Mr Big Shot
    replied
    Originally Posted by matthias View Post
    How many top amateurs & pro's waste their time on this kind of thing, you guys think?

I think they just know how balls react trough 1000's of hours of practice, never giving one thought or a rats *** about the science behind it.

but I could be wrong
    Ok, and your point is?

Leave a comment:

• Hello, Mr Big Shot
    replied
    Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    What about someone who shows a video at an angle that cannot show what he knows is happening, refuses to carry out a simple exercise to show what he knows is happening simply because he's afraid to lose face and then gets his gran to take the blame
    Where do you think coriolis got his results wrong in 1830 mate? I'd be intrigued to know your thoughts on where you feel the physics breaks down.

Leave a comment:

• Hello, Mr Big Shot
    replied
    Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
    Nothing worse then someone who can't admit they are wrong.
    The whole point of this thread was you trying to disprove side induced throw.
    Now someone has proved you wrong (not that there was any doubt in the first place) you move the goalposts lol

And he has the sheer nerve to go on about saving face! He is the gift that keeps giving.

Leave a comment:

• Hello, Mr Big Shot
    replied
    Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    Says the guy who plays on small tables
    Lol. And????

Leave a comment:

• travisbickle
    replied
    What about someone who shows a video at an angle that cannot show what he knows is happening, refuses to carry out a simple exercise to show what he knows is happening simply because he's afraid to lose face and then gets his gran to take the blame
    I've repeated myself about 5 times on this, all you need to know is on the first vid. Absolutely no swerve.
    Ramon's still pics are spot on by the way.
    If you think the red would've potted in the right side of the pocket that would explain why you missed so any balls in your line up.
    Either that or you're a distant relation to comical Ali lol

Leave a comment:

• matthias
    replied
    How many top amateurs & pro's waste their time on this kind of thing, you guys think?

I think they just know how balls react trough 1000's of hours of practice, never giving one thought or a rats *** about the science behind it.

but I could be wrong
    Last edited by matthias; 1 September 2017, 01:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
    Throw is no more difficult than using stun screw or side - just another skill to master.
    Says the guy who plays on small tables

Leave a comment:

• vmax
    replied

Leave a comment:

• travisbickle
    replied
    The contact on the first video is enough to make the pot in the right hand side of the pocket, Ramon's screen shots are once again selective, I watched it frame per frame and froze it at point of contact when the cue ball almost obscured the red and that's the line the red was on, second one swerved too much, unlike the Wilson effort that didn't swerve enough but kicked the red into the left hand side of the pocket.

But your grans examples aren't straight though are they travis, so not looking exactly down the line of aim so cannot see the swerve on the cue ball.
    Either your gran has dementia or you're not telling her the right shot to play because you know she can't make them.

Now tell her to set them up again, dead straight, pink about 5mm in the way and play shot one plain ball, shot two with left hand side and shot three with right hand side.

If plain ball is able to make the same contact as right hand side, and left hand side, after compensating aiming for the initial throw to the right is be able to make the same contact with the red as plain ball and right hand side, then your gran will prove to me that the cue ball doesn't swerve at low pace and a shiny new cue will be on it's way to her.

And don't tell me that it isn't worth her playing these shots as with two of them she can't pot the ball, we know that, it's an exercise to prove or disprove cue ball swerve at low pace, so if she ducks out we'll all know your gran can't play for toffee, or maybe she can but didn't know how it was done.

This cue offer is open to everyone on the forum, play these three shots on a snooker table and film them and prove me wrong, not only will you get a shiny new cue that you might love or hate and sell on, but I'll also worship at the alter of Dr. Dave and his all seeing 1000 frames per second eye and apologise profusely to biggie.

Remember I'm looking for the same contact point on the OB as with right hand side not the pot.
    The whole point of this thread was you trying to disprove side induced throw.
    Now someone has proved you wrong (not that there was any doubt in the first place) you move the goalposts lol
    Last edited by travisbickle; 1 September 2017, 09:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hello, Mr Big Shot
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    There may be something in the distance thing Terry, i don't know but even if you can play it over a longer distance it sure would be hard to judge. On the subject of being hard to judge, would this be any harder to judge ( given you have practiced it enough)than a swerve shot around a ball to hit the exact potting point? For me both of them are extremely risky in a pressure situation or where you would leave a decent chance on if you missed.
    Throw is no more difficult than using stun screw or side - just another skill to master.

Leave a comment:

• Hello, Mr Big Shot
    replied
    It was my gran playing actually. And she proved more in a few shots then you managed in 30 minutes lol
    30 minutes? Surely you mean 60 years?

Takes a while to get a jabby cue action like that mate. Vmax has perfected it.

Leave a comment:

• vmax
    replied
    The contact on the first video is enough to make the pot in the right hand side of the pocket, Ramon's screen shots are once again selective, I watched it frame per frame and froze it at point of contact when the cue ball almost obscured the red and that's the line the red was on, second one swerved too much, unlike the Wilson effort that didn't swerve enough but kicked the red into the left hand side of the pocket.

But your grans examples aren't straight though are they travis, so not looking exactly down the line of aim so cannot see the swerve on the cue ball.
    Either your gran has dementia or you're not telling her the right shot to play because you know she can't make them.

Now tell her to set them up again, dead straight, pink about 5mm in the way and play shot one plain ball, shot two with left hand side and shot three with right hand side.

If plain ball is able to make the same contact as right hand side, and left hand side, after compensating aiming for the initial throw to the right is be able to make the same contact with the red as plain ball and right hand side, then your gran will prove to me that the cue ball doesn't swerve at low pace and a shiny new cue will be on it's way to her.

And don't tell me that it isn't worth her playing these shots as with two of them she can't pot the ball, we know that, it's an exercise to prove or disprove cue ball swerve at low pace, so if she ducks out we'll all know your gran can't play for toffee, or maybe she can but didn't know how it was done.

This cue offer is open to everyone on the forum, play these three shots on a snooker table and film them and prove me wrong, not only will you get a shiny new cue that you might love or hate and sell on, but I'll also worship at the alter of Dr. Dave and his all seeing 1000 frames per second eye and apologise profusely to biggie.

Remember I'm looking for the same contact point on the OB as with right hand side not the pot.

Leave a comment:

• travisbickle
    replied
    Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    Great vids mate. Excellent examples.

Tell your Nan I said well played
    I'll let her know
    Cheers Ted

Leave a comment:

• tedisbill
    replied
    https://youtu.be/pdlbCohmiCw
    https://youtu.be/hz_uP_JlpUs

Pause on contact. First vid nowhere near correct BOB contact.
    Second vid is exactly the same as Wilson's shot minus the kick or the pot :biggrin-new:
    Great vids mate. Excellent examples.

Tell your Nan I said well played

Leave a comment:

• Ramon
    replied
    First shot is barely hitting the knuckle on contact imo. Camara was right in line with the CB & pocket.
    The second shot had slight swerve on it and the contact was very much like Wilson's without the kick.
    You are right in saying they are low percentage shots though.
    This may give a better image of what happened there. ( Nice cueing ) .

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X