My Last Sit Video - no more coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    Schooled? You have yet to come close. Why don't you expound on all the 'schooling you've done'.
    Not to start the arguement up all over again, but you have to admit that you were using the wrong side to hold the CB Tel?

The best way is always running side and never check side.

The only time you would use check side would be if you were using a cushion.

Every day is a school day Tel, we are all learning on here :snooker:

Comment

I'm sorry but you didn't school me in ANYTHING...it was Travis who did any schooling that may have taken place. Even at that I since managed to improve on Travis's results but of course no one has seen you perform any shots using SIT have they?
      No one has seen me play a stop shot either but I'm pretty sure they exist. Still, congratulations on 'improving' on travis's results. Good work.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
        As for the video, i knew it was a fake immediately - reminded me of cleary's infamous bank shot, if anyone followed that complete car crash.

I was hoping it'd be strung out a bit longer but fair play to vmax for calling it. Takes some pretty good equipment to do that, presumably.
        Experience biggie, the spitting on the tip made me think an induced kick but the the balls didn't jump so I tried the shot myself, couldn't get anywhere near it so decided to look closer at the video. Not only did I spot that mark on the table where the yellow had been spotted but frame by frame the yellow changes direction a split second after contact so it looked like a fake to me but I wasn't going to immediately call out runningside as trying to cheat to win one of my cues, I was going to pm him for confirmation but nice to see he came clean.
        It takes a while to know a scoundrel, it takes a second to know a fool and Ramon and travis fall into the latter for believing something so obviously impossible, you sir, if you saw it was a fake immediately, are a scoundrel as you didn't flag it up and were quite prepared to let everyone be fooled to back your argument on SIT.
        Shame on you, and lucky that you and I will never meet face to face.
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
          Experience biggie, the spitting on the tip made me think an induced kick but the the balls didn't jump so I tried the shot myself, couldn't get anywhere near it so decided to look closer at the video. Not only did I spot that mark on the table where the yellow had been spotted but frame by frame the yellow changes direction a split second after contact so it looked like a fake to me but I wasn't going to immediately call out runningside as trying to cheat to win one of my cues, I was going to pm him for confirmation but nice to see he came clean.
          It takes a while to know a scoundrel, it takes a second to know a fool and Ramon and travis fall into the latter for believing something so obviously impossible, you sir, if you saw it was a fake immediately, are a scoundrel as you didn't flag it up and were quite prepared to let everyone be fooled to back your argument on SIT.
          Did you even read the posts nr ( 14 -22-28 ) in this thread ?

All you had to do was reading his comment add to his vid , which i already had seen it.

But that was not the point .

Goodmorning btw ,

Comment

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
            Not to start the arguement up all over again, but you have to admit that you were using the wrong side to hold the CB Tel?

The best way is always running side and never check side.

The only time you would use check side would be if you were using a cushion.

Every day is a school day Tel, we are all learning on here :snooker:
            I was talking to Biggie who always has an opinion but does nothing to back it up. In fact I said if any schooling were taking place it was from yourself and Jason. So put a cover over your pie-hole and read the posts correctly please.
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I was talking to Biggie who always has an opinion but does nothing to back it up. In fact I said if any schooling were taking place it was from yourself and Jason. So put a cover over your pie-hole and read the posts correctly please.
              If any??
              You have been playing with the wrong side for years Tel!
              Therefore you coundnt have understood OB throw.

I like to think we've put you on the right track
              Last edited by travisbickle; 26 September 2017, 01:20 PM.

Comment

If any??
                You have been playing with the wrong side for years Tel!
                Therefore you coundnt have understood OB throw.

I like to think we've put you on the right track
                I said but you probably didn't read. I can hold the cueball using either side but I prefer inside side however I rarely use that shot and am not very good at it. I have always used a slow stun shot or drag to accomplish a stop shot. I've found there's no need for side of any kind because you can only hold a shot that's 3/4-ball or less anyway. Perhaps it's a little easier with the shorter shots you get on a 7-footer with lighter balls?
                Terry Davidson

Comment

I said but you probably didn't read. I can hold the cueball using either side but I prefer inside side however I rarely use that shot and am not very good at it. I have always used a slow stun shot or drag to accomplish a stop shot. I've found there's no need for side of any kind because you can only hold a shot that's 3/4-ball or less anyway. Perhaps it's a little easier with the shorter shots you get on a 7-footer with lighter balls?
                  I don't play pool, I play snooker.

You can hold a half ball cut with running side with ease as you are hitting the OB thicker because the throw is on your side.
                  I don't think your ever going get this, so I'll leave you be.

Ps; You never said in the vmax thread at any point that you hold the CB with running side either.
                  In fact you were calling me out saying I didn't know what I was talking about and doubting my abilities!
                  Last edited by travisbickle; 26 September 2017, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Lol. There are all sorts of impossible things i don't discuss - fairies at the bottom of the garden, the earth being flat, you developing a decent cue action - but that doesn't make me a scoundrel. I'd say scoundrels are people who, for reasons of ego and personal vanity, continue selling lies and myths, even when the truth is well known and proved beyond reasonable doubt. That's a scoundrel in my eyes.

Had you actually educated yourself, by watching the videos i link, you'd have learned that spit reduces throw to practically zero. See 4.40 for all kicks effects, including spit. This is simple physics, the topic you won't discuss.

https://youtu.be/-jUL_8aZ2LU

And the notion that spit makes the balls jump on contact - lol! You've learned nothing, have you?

Comment

I do not offer opinion. i, sir, deal only in fact. Demonstrable, provable, repeatable fact.

Comment

Now that spit would have wet the chalk on the tip and left some on the cue ball that could have caused a bad contact
                        Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                        And the notion that spit makes the balls jump on contact - lol! You've learned nothing, have you?
                        No point in discussing anything with you if you don't read or can't understand what people are posting, you belong with travis and Ramon in the forum basement guarding the bee while the rest of us have relevant conversations about snooker.

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

No point in discussing anything with you if you don't read or can't understand what people are posting, you belong with travis and Ramon in the forum basement guarding the bee while the rest of us have relevant conversations about snooker.

You and TD you mean?
                          You are the only ones disagreeing on this subject.

Comment

You and TD you mean?
                            You are the only ones disagreeing on this subject.
                            Again Travis...ffs WOULD YOU STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH. I have agreed, just like pottr and tomwalker and even vmax that under certain conditions SIT does exist but really, I can't see any value in it for snooker as it's so minimal as to be inconsequential. Why don't you, Big Shot and Ramon go away to a pool forum somewhere where you can discuss all the SIT you want and leave us poor snooker players in our ignorance.

Why do you think the snooker pros have never heard of SIT. It's because of the source. No one in the snooker world has ever heard of discussed SIT and its effects. I'm totally happy with that and now wish I'd never heard of it from Big Shot and yourself as it's only screwing my mind up. Now we hsave Travis, Big Shot, Ramon and j6uk who just can't let this go for some reason. Forget about myself and vmax PLEASE, for christ's sake.
                            Terry Davidson

Comment

Every shot where you curve the CB around an intervening ball does not use SIT at all.
                              Terry Davidson

Comment

Again Travis...ffs WOULD YOU STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH. I have agreed, just like pottr and tomwalker and even vmax that under certain conditions SIT does exist but really, I can't see any value in it for snooker as it's so minimal as to be inconsequential. Why don't you, Big Shot and Ramon go away to a pool forum somewhere where you can discuss all the SIT you want and leave us poor snooker players in our ignorance.

Why do you think the snooker pros have never heard of SIT. It's because of the source. No one in the snooker world has ever heard of discussed SIT and its effects. I'm totally happy with that and now wish I'd never heard of it from Big Shot and yourself as it's only screwing my mind up. Now we hsave Travis, Big Shot, Ramon and j6uk who just can't let this go for some reason. Forget about myself and vmax PLEASE, for christ's sake.
                                these shots do come up now and again, and are played at the highest level under whatever conditions.
                                and if we cant defend evidence backed facts about the game that we love on tsf then what are we here for?

Last edited by j6uk; 27 September 2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X