Applying pressure to cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
    You not going to improve much if you haven't noticed that the cue bends like this for every single player that has a chin contact. If you are one then it was bending for you too. I would love to see the bow you have now. Hehe:-)
    So we are all a bunch of benders then?
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
      So we are all a bunch of benders then?
      Lols...

I don't think the cue bends for everyone with a chin contact, pretty sure Higgins' cue won't bend as he lets his elbow come down during the backswing. It's only if you keep the elbow high the cue will bend, like the Del Hill method.

Comment

Cue bends during the back swing and then during forward movement the compressed energy temporarily stored in the wood is released forward into the cue ball resulting in perfect timing and increased accuracy as you need less effort to achieve very good cue power. That is why Ronnie and Judd are known for effortless power.

Comment

up next Bruce Lee on how to "be the cue"

Comment

Cue bends during the back swing and then during forward movement the compressed energy temporarily stored in the wood is released forward into the cue ball resulting in perfect timing and increased accuracy as you need less effort to achieve very good cue power. That is why Ronnie and Judd are known for effortless power.
            Cool, so my comparison to the golf swing (post #18) is bang on! Bang a gong get it on! 😎
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
              Lols...

I don't think the cue bends for everyone with a chin contact, pretty sure Higgins' cue won't bend as he lets his elbow come down during the backswing. It's only if you keep the elbow high the cue will bend, like the Del Hill method.
              Yep, Steve Davis definitely wasn’t a bender either. 😉
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Cool, so my comparison to the golf swing (post #18) is bang on! Bang a gong get it on! ��
                A cue would produce very little extra energy returning to it's normal state from a slight arc, probably immeasurably low.
                Not to mention that any energy if at all would be gone by the time the CB was struck.
                Last edited by Slasher; 20 December 2017, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
                  A cue would produce very little extra energy returning to it's normal state from a slight arc, probably immeasurably low.
                  Not to mention that any energy if at all would be gone by the time the CB was struck.
                  All a bit of a let down really isnt, a real anticlimax. I'm depressed now. Do you have this effect on most people? Lol - only joshing Slash! Its nearly Christmas - time of work and more snooker than normal looks a good possibility!:snooker:
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

All a bit of a let down really isnt, a real anticlimax. I'm depressed now. Do you have this effect on most people? Lol - only joshing Slash! Its nearly Christmas - time of work and more snooker than normal looks a good possibility!:snooker:
                    Yep, sorry tend to deal in cold hard facts, sadly a reality that many don't want to know and proven by the fact that some people still think the earth is flat no matter what evidence you present.
                    The old ones you can't tell em anything and the young ones think they already know everything lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                      I have often just stroked a ball with screw and the reaction sometimes has me surprised due to the lack of acceleration I used through the CB. Bit like when the comms say ""his hit that too well hasn't he"".

Come on, guys. Opinions on why some bend the shaft then..
                      The cue bend is for accuracy and power combined. Then it is released on the delivery. Acting as a launch pad for the path of the cue to follow.
                      Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                      https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Up next Uri Geller bends cue with mind.

Comment

Wow, as a cuemaker I'll start using yew (english longbow) and elm (the wood that never sleeps) and produce bent cues that will straighten on the backswing to get the same result so no need to change technique

There's one born every minute.
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                            Wow, as a cuemaker I'll start using yew (english longbow) and elm (the wood that never sleeps) and produce bent cues that will straighten on the backswing to get the same result so no need to change technique

It takes a very special TSF cueist to turn lateral energy into axial energy timed with the accuracy of 1/1000th of a second.

Comment

I would reply properly but I am busy bending my cue. Since I want it to be bent just right I am actually in a stance on the kitchen counter top with chin pressing down.

Comment

Put.me down for one. I'll take it you've tried it then.

Comment

Working...
                                X