Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    ^1
    A coach once said to me that controlling the cue ball and keeping it from travelling too far is paramount for break building; for every foot of travel the possibly of not getting the required cue ball position increases; reduce travel - improves chances of getting that required position for the next ball
    would agree with that also my coach got me to tighten up my cue action in the balls for more control short compact backswing like mark allen style i find it gives me the position i want lot of the time not needing to use cushions when i have to travel the white i revert back to the more traditional style of cueing.

Comment

Originally Posted by marriott View Post
      As a regular century break player (I made 119 missing brown for a 141 in a league match last week) it sounds to me, from your original post, you might be lacking a certain arrogance needed. All good players have it, they don't hope to make a century they just go about doing it like it's inevitable. I certainly expect to make a ton when at 60+, even before that and when I don't, ah well I probably will next time. No sweat
      Agree with this. I play best and score best when strutting round the table confidently. The lads in my side joke that I pout around the table when i'm playing well
      Even when you're not at your most confident, act confidently. It's amazing how many times this actually tricks you into being confident and performing better.... and guess what it intimidates your opponent sometimes too.
      "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

I have this problem too, even when playing by myself. I'm naturally a pretty nervous person.

Comment

Originally Posted by callum from hallam View Post
          Evening everyone, hope you're all well. Just a quick problem I have and hopefully someone could help me in resolving it. I've got good ability and am quite able potting most balls. However I really struggle to make big breaks and miss balls I would 9 times out of 10 pot. The main reason a I think this is is because of the mental pressure I put under myself in frame winning situations. I'll just be like right there's a big break on here and miss. I know people might say just don't think that but it is hard to get that thought out of my mind in a good situation. Had anyone got any tips could help me?
          Have you tried this book, which I reviewed for top coach David Horrix - the routines in there will help you build breaks under pressure. They are not just a book of routines. Read here...

The basis of the book is to establish first what your real standard is by getting you to perform certain routines under pressure - not just playing routines without having a target to aim for with them...

It's really helped me establish a true standard and realisitic goal in my playing...Read below...

http://uk.blastingnews.com/sport/201...002282677.html
          Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

My playing partner is a strutter but is also nervous and loses temper easy and is very purposeful.

I’m a very relaxed player and my partner says I’m “smug”. I smugly pot balls apparently 😂

He’s had been the better player, I lost about 20 in a row but these were all fairly close he just always edged me out. Funnily enough recently I’ve been winning more frames and it’s getting to him.

Comment

Working...
            X