Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Video: Lining Up The Shot & Aiming

My latest video is now on YouTube!

Have a look, share the video. I hope you enjoy it and find it useful. Thanks again everyone!

Like and subscribe to the channel.

WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

well done. envying your work ted..

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      well done. envying your work ted..
      Thanks, J6. Much appreciated!

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
        Thanks, J6. Much appreciated!
        Nice to see you both have been busy creating quality work! Good stuff ; )
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

just want the throw a question in there , lets just say black off its spot , white high. would there ever be a time where by the position of the 2 balls you already know where to aim because you have come across it so many times in practice that you just walk into the shot without doing the imaginary bit.

what i'm saying is you recognise the angle and just get down without going through the pre-shot routine

Comment

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
            just want the throw a question in there , lets just say black off its spot , white high. would there ever be a time where by the position of the 2 balls you already know where to aim because you have come across it so many times in practice that you just walk into the shot without doing the imaginary bit.

what i'm saying is you recognise the angle and just get down without going through the pre-shot routine
            There would never be a time when I didn't go through my Pre-shot-routine. Even though I would recognise that angle well, because I've played a lot of shots around the black spot area, I would still do the Pre-shot-routine.

The difference between a 30 break player and 100+ player, is that the 100+ guy won't ever be lazy. The line will be picked (maybe a bit easier for him or her to see this because of experience), and position for the white, and where to strike the white and at what power will all be decided before the shot.

When I say "don't overcomplicate it", what I mean is: you need to do all these things, but you don't have to be 'slow' or 'over-think' things.

So the short answer to your question is: although I would recognise the angle of shots around the black spot to a high level, I'll still do the Pre-shot-routine each time.

Comment

Just to add...

You may need to take a bit more time picking the angle than John Higgins, but he's still picking it, yes. He just sees it very quickly.

Comment

I wrote a post on SnookerZone referencing another great video from Steve - but also with reference to cueing, something which I think is a little under focused from coaches...I'm hoping Steve is going to do a video on cueing at some point!

Read the blog post below...There's also a funny image I have when I think of straight cueing, but for me practicing it in the last few sessions has improved my cueing much more!

https://snookerzone.co.uk/read-how-t...ics-like-this/
                Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

Really looking forward to the video regarding the yips/cueitis.

Comment

Originally Posted by DisherDave View Post
                    Really looking forward to the video regarding the yips/cueitis.
                    Me too lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                      Me too lol.
                      Me three

Comment

Unfortunately guys, having had time to think about it, I don't think it's a video I'm going to make at the moment.

As the yips is quite a personal / individual problem, it's difficult to discuss some of the techniques I may use if I saw someone personally.

If I was with someone and able to get some feedback and have a discussion about their issues, I think it would be more appropriate to give advice that way.

What I don't want to do, is give people things to think about, that they hadn't even considered before. So if anything, I'm worried about potentially making their problem worse, and I absolutely do not want to do that.

Sorry for the let down. I hope that explains my reasons for not wanting to make this video at the moment. I know it's a very frustrating problem to have, but one which is possibly a little too complex for a YouTube video.

Thanks.

Comment

Unfortunately guys, having had time to think about it, I don't think it's a video I'm going to make at the moment.

As the yips is quite a personal / individual problem, it's difficult to discuss some of the techniques I may use if I saw someone personally.

If I was with someone and able to get some feedback and have a discussion about their issues, I think it would be more appropriate to give advice that way.

What I don't want to do, is give people things to think about, that they hadn't even considered before. So if anything, I'm worried about potentially making their problem worse, and I absolutely do not want to do that.

Sorry for the let down. I hope that explains my reasons for not wanting to make this video at the moment. I know it's a very frustrating problem to have, but one which is possibly a little too complex for a YouTube video.

Thanks.
                          Thats a real shame as I was really looking forward to any ideas for those suffering that they could try.I understand you dont want to make anyone worse and that eveyones version of yips is different.For me personally i dont have it all the time.Its been months since i last had it.On that occasion playing in a pool qualifying comp in my very first frame i missed a 50-50 black,then it reappeared .The next 4 or 5 hours i was totally distraught and so embarrassed that i was apologising to my opponents during frames because of it.I was lining up for straight balls 6 inches from pocket and 18 inches from object ball and didnt fancy them.Every shot i seemed to be hypnotised by the white ball,couldnt take my eyes of it and couldnt strike the white.In the end i just said to myself for gods sake just hit it.Cannot believe the amount of sitters i missed that day .Hope you have a rethink.

Comment

Thanks.
                            Well I hope moths eat your cloth and woodworm feast on your cue :tongue:

It was a bold offer as I've not seen any other vids on the subject. Understandable not wanting to touch the subject as many others seem to have divided opinions on the subject. Enjoying the vids so far

Comment

Originally Posted by Dredd46 View Post
                              Well I hope moths eat your cloth and woodworm feast on your cue :tongue:

It was a bold offer as I've not seen any other vids on the subject. Understandable not wanting to touch the subject as many others seem to have divided opinions on the subject. Enjoying the vids so far
                              Ha! Thanks!

Plenty more videos to come!

Comment

Working...
                              X