Striking with authority.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STATMAN
    I already know exactly what a push-shot is. It's actually one of my pet hates when someone clearly does a push-shot and doesn't declare it. Not being argumentative, i know you were only trying to help.

Comment

Originally Posted by jdgsunclose
      STATMAN
      I already know exactly what a push-shot is. It's actually one of my pet hates when someone clearly does a push-shot and doesn't declare it. Not being argumentative, i know you were only trying to help.

When I post a comment, answer to a question, opinion etc I write in a style thats addressing everyone and in particular those who will read it in the future and not directed to an individual. I would imagine I'm not the only one.
      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler
        When I post a comment, answer to a question, opinion etc I write in a style thats addressing everyone and in particular those who will read it in the future and not directed to an individual. I would imagine I'm not the only one.
        No problems MrRottwieler. Just a practice from the BBC snooker forum where it's common to address and individual as i did. Didn't realise that's a naughty on here and shall not make the mistake again. Newbie you see, experience is important be it forum etiquette or hitting balls on a snooker table, haha.

Comment

a push is wen the tip hits the cueball twice yeh, and most times wen u strike the cueball u hit it once. unless ur following thru 2 much. as u hit the cueball the cueball travels faster than ur cue going throgh the ball, therefore ur only hitting it once but if you hit the cueball slowly and ur still following through alot then the cue will be faster than the cueball therefore hitting the cueball for a second time....this will result it the "push shot" being called and a foul will be given
          "FALL TOO THE SKY" "DONT BELIVE THE HYPE"
          My Avatar Is Me In A Comp

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler
            I should point out that I have had to modify the way I hold the butt because I broke my wrist a few years ago. It gets very painful sometimes while I'm playing. Recently I almost broke my index finger on my left hand while unbuttoning my pants. It got caught in my boxer shorts somehow! The joint is bruised. Could only happen to me! Now I get pain in that when I spread my bridging fingers. The very vague point I'm mking is to a certain extent your technique has to be based around your own limitations but there are some key aspects which must be noted like the ones your mentioning. The golden answer is to practice and experiment
            Hope the finger gets better soon. However, I can't help thinking that the moral of the story is clear: don't try to unbutton your pants while playing a shot (especially not using the bridge hand).
            "If anybody can knock these three balls in, this man can."
            David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

haha! yeh! lol
              "FALL TOO THE SKY" "DONT BELIVE THE HYPE"
              My Avatar Is Me In A Comp

Comment

Working...
              X