No announcement yet.

Natural Ability v Hard Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes a lot of the skills are the same. Im just OK at cue sports, but im not bad at most things that require hand to eye co-ordination, and there are things im better at than pool or snooker. Im sure the same is true for most sportsmen and women, i remember reading that Alain Prost could have played football. Perhaps its partly down to what fires the interest of the individual more, hence more likely to be better at, because thats what they're more likely to practice.

Comment

please read my post on cue ball control and this might help achieving your goal.
      i agree with Trev, in that if a player is a regular 30-40 break maker with a highest of around 70, the chances of them doing a ton are remote if they continue with the same routine i.e. same practise partners and same time input and same technique.
      however if a player is a regular 70-80 break maker then it only requires a little game management in shot selection to reach the ton milestone.
      "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by The Doctor
        please read my post on cue ball control and this might help achieving your goal.
        i agree with Trev, in that if a player is a regular 30-40 break maker with a highest of around 70, the chances of them doing a ton are remote if they continue with the same routine i.e. same practise partners and same time input and same technique.
        however if a player is a regular 70-80 break maker then it only requires a little game management in shot selection to reach the ton milestone.
        Yes, thanks Doctor, I guess that you got your coaching qualification endorsed by Del Hill as the routines that you suggest are exactly what I practice at the moment. I agree that they are a wonderful way to improve cue ball control.

You are obviously a top class snooker player, in one of your previous posts you said that you get century breaks every time you play so you can maybe answer my question better than a lot of people on this forum.......when you first started playing did you have a natural aptitude for the game. Did the potting angles appear easy to you? How fast did you go from a beginner to a top class player?

Oldgit
        'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Natural ability

Good advice on this thread,I feel the need to get to the club!

Comment

I know Del very well and he is a good friend and a top class coach. i was one of the first 10 people to be endorsed by WSA in 1994.
            when i first started playing i did have a lot of natural ability and made my first ton within a year of playing. I think without seeing you play, that all you need to work on is playing more margin for error in your positional play. eg. playing for an area rather than a specific ball and seeing a few shots ahead. i know this is difficult to explain in words but i will try to help anyone the best i can.
            "Don't think, feel"

Comment

i am good friends with member Shalke04 and i remember him being not too good. however with a lot of hard work he improved very quickly and is still a regular ton maker and played for many years as a pro. he will not mind me saying he was not blessed with natural ability but sheers grit and determination he got to the standard he was looking for.
              "Don't think, feel"

Comment

natural ability v hard work

hi, i believe that natural ability only comes when you learn the game when you are a young age,but you only improve if you love the game.it also follows that if you love the game,you will practice more and be able to achieve any limit.cheers.

Comment

Working...
                X