No announcement yet.

-->STROKE<--

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let us know how you get on - I find that when I hit the bottle, I play a little better sometimes!
    Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Thanks for the internet links etc. Well, I'm gunna watch them and then go and practise with the bottle. Tell you how it goes when I play!

Comment

If anyone wanted to try something harder, use a taller bottle, wine for example - a Pro version would be an even longer perspex or glass tube to use your full backwing and follow-through; varying diameters and your bridge further into the opening even as close as your fingertips.

Another way to lock your cue into a straight line is to anchor the cue so it touches your side when you're addressing the cue ball back and forth
        Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Originally Posted by taz147
          What I used to perfect my stroke is a beer bottle or pop bottle. Lay it on a table and stroke your cue in and out over and over so you don't touch the sides of the bottle. Start with trying to get to 500 strokes but everytime you touch the bottle start the count over. Don't just go slowly, stroke as if you would in a game situation with speed and accuracy. Has worked really well for me and can now lots of times make pots, after lining up the shot, by closing my eyes when I start my strokes because my cueing arm is very straight thanks to the method I just mentioned. Good luck and let us know how its going

oops i forgot to take the top off the bottle.

Only joking its a good bit of advice it harder then you might think
          old enough to know whats its all about, too old to actually do it.....

Comment

Inc.... how've you got on in the meantime?

Comment

Reverse Side

That was an excellent instructional post.

I'm in the States right now so there are only a handful of snooker tables. However, I play in a couple of pool leagues (a game in which the pockets are a lot more forgiving) and I'm going to use your bottle theory to practice.

I was reading your long post, thinking how much wonderful information it contained. And then when I reached the bottom, I was horrified to see...oh, well, nevermind.

CFC CFC CFC CFC CFC ! !

Comment

I was horrified to see...
                We won't hold it against you Jules let's hope things keep on getting closer and closer this season. There's may-a-way to improve your game, the last one I used on a mate was to have them cue up along a fence! It showed them immediately how much they were cueing across the line of the shot. Whatever works for you; so much easier if someone can cast an encouraginf eye over your technique - makes the enjoyment so much easier. Good luck.

Comment

I was horrified to see...
                  We won't hold it against you Jules let's hope things keep on getting closer and closer this season. There's may-a-way to improve your game, the last one I used on a mate was to have them cue up along a fence! It showed them immediately how much they were cueing across the line of the shot. Whatever works for you; so much easier if someone can cast an encouraginf eye over your technique - makes the enjoyment so much easier. Good luck. (Oh yeah, the fence was outside the fire exit we needed to open the doors of the snooker room to as it was still a gorgeous hot day by the time we had our inter-club match last week)

Comment

Yes, I hope Liverpool can foster some sort of challenge after the debacle of the last two seasons. Thank God for that linesman in the Champions League semi!

It could be a fun season. Looking forward to hearing the boos ring round the stadium for Ronaldo. And that will only be from the United fans...

Chelsea look to have the dream team this season though. I predict at least a double, maybe a treble.

Comment

the boos will be music; he doesn't know the world of abuse he's walked into.... tho he was only defending the fact his team mate got a boot in the nether regions intentional or not. It was the ref for being such a numpty that caused it all (slight off-topic jaunt) reacting to the slight push.

Anyhow, at least there's a few techniques you can try at home without a snooker table to hand - something around 34" off the floor's always handy tho.

Comment

Sorry if this has been said before but....nice to see ya back RS!
                        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Working...
                        X