Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long shot

Hi all,

I am a newbie here, and just find out the important of practicing the long shot, blue ball point to the bottom packet.

Any tips?

I feel that unlike short, or middle range shot, long shot require excellent stand, bridge, aim, cuing... .

Sorry for my poor English.

Anthony

To improve your long pots, you need to make sure that -
    Your right foot (for right-handers, left for left-handers) is on the line of the shot, you can do this by before playing the shot, holding the cue above the line of the shot like a sword, Shaun Murphy is a good example of this. Place your cue when doing this, against your hip with your leg going straight down. This helps you on the line of the shot.

Make sure you have a firm bridge, and a good channel for the cue to go through (between thumb and forefinger) and make sure that the bridge does not move when taking the shot.

When getting down onto the shot, try to keep on the same line instead of going across it.

Adress the cue-ball as close to it without touching it. Most important is not touching it before you play your shot.

Make sure you have good backward and foreward cue movements "feathers" before playing the shot but still staying on the right line.

One the last backswing, bring the cue back, then flick your eyes to the point of contack on the object ball, keep your eyes on it, and push your cue straight through, not bringing it back as you go forward, and watch the ball go into the pocket, hopefully!

Play the shot positively, do not take too long on it but then take your time, you need to make sure you get good timing as well.

I hope this information helps you, and remember, try hard, but not too hard!

Sorry its a bit too long!

Comment

thanks for that bongo, i have had a few sessions with ian williamson, same centre as steve prest who coaches shaun murphy.
      they say exacatly same thing.

i need to get back ther but ant got the dosh

Comment

Thanks very much for that bongo...

Comment

Working...
        X