Concentration on matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Gimme Danger View Post
    I went up for an hours practice last night. Only three out of the eight tables being used, music channel on. I managed to shut out most of the chatter and sound from the TV, and had a really productive session.
    I second that "BONGO" well done!
    don't miss!

Comment

Plenty of advice here but trial and error is the key. Also, although easier said than done, try to increase your practice time. If solo record all your results. I find the best form of improvement is regular match practice against an opponent slightly better than yourself. This will help keep your concentration (as you often lose concentration against someone you know/think you should beat) and you will continually learn.
      Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
      Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
        Plenty of advice here but trial and error is the key. Also, although easier said than done, try to increase your practice time. If solo record all your results. I find the best form of improvement is regular match practice against an opponent slightly better than yourself. This will help keep your concentration (as you often lose concentration against someone you know/think you should beat) and you will continually learn.
        You are right that a higher standard of play is needed to improve your own quality of play .

However, I don't agree about the trial & error part, I would say it should not be factored into the mix in any way!

EG: if you are playing a perticular shot constantly wrong, & nobody tells you the right way to play it, then you will quite simply, not learn the correct way to play the shot!

Strong practice routines are required to improve control, both in amongst the balls for positional play & for breakbuilding , this combined with a solid technique will maximise "your" time on the table, which , lets face it , this is the only way to win, you have to do it better than the other guy! not just do it the same as the other guy!
        don't miss!

Comment

Working...
        X